Specific Ecollar questions/help

orbirdhunter

Specific Ecollar questions/help

Post by orbirdhunter » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:47 pm

My wife just added to our pack of hunting dogs, again, so i am at the point where we need to add another collar to the collection.
The question is that i would like to get a multi dog unit, for when i am running multiple dogs by myself, we would also like some kind of locating device on the collar to locate the dogs in the thicker cover, its usually not a range thing for us, but when your hunting through 6ft tall sage brush the dog can go on point 50ft from me and it might take me 10 minutes to find her. So i would like to have some kind of collar with a way to locate, ideally it would be something to where i can push a button and it gives some kind of noise so i can locate the dog, not really interested in the beep when point and all that jazz, just a way to find the dog in the brush.....Price wise a gps unit is out of reach...
So if you guys could throw out a few collars that are recommended that are multiple dog and has some kind of beeper/locating system that can be operated by push of button that would be great, i am fine with used,refurbished from collar clinic or something along those lines.

Vman

Re: Specific Ecollar questions/help

Post by Vman » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:50 pm

Your best bet would be a Dogtra 2502 T&B. But it is limited to two dogs. If you need more than two, the TT Pro series with the accessory beeper. But it is going to be very pricey.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:55 pm

Just rec'd a Dogtra beeper + e collar. $350.00 Anything with a hand held transmitter costs.

http://www.dogtrastore.com/2500tb1.html

This one is cheaper but has no e-collar and no transmitter that can be used in the hand. You set the beeper before you leave home.

http://www.tritronics.com/g3-beeper.html
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

displaced_texan

Post by displaced_texan » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:10 pm

Tritronics, with a beeper.

Sport series on a budget, or Pro series.

You can leave the beeper off and turn it on/off from the remote to locate the dogs. Sport series will handle 3 dogs.
I have English Pointers because they don't ever grow up either...

gonehuntin'
GDF Junkie

Post by gonehuntin' » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:53 pm

TT Pro 100 three dog unit.

Then, it's 2011. A 320 Astro and three 40 collars. Screw the beepin' and clankin'. That's as fine a set up as you can get.
LIFE WITHOUT BIRD DOGS AND FLY RODS REALLY ISN'T LIFE AT ALL.

displaced_texan

Post by displaced_texan » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:31 pm

gonehuntin' wrote:TT Pro 100 three dog unit.

Then, it's 2011. A 320 Astro and three 40 collars. Screw the beepin' and clankin'. That's as fine a set up as you can get.
3 beepers = $300
320 and 3 collars = $1,000
I have English Pointers because they don't ever grow up either...

grouseguy

Post by grouseguy » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:21 pm

orbirdhunter wrote:My wife just added to our pack of hunting dogs, again, so i am at the point where we need to add another collar to the collection.
The question is that i would like to get a multi dog unit, for when i am running multiple dogs by myself, we would also like some kind of locating device on the collar to locate the dogs in the thicker cover, its usually not a range thing for us, but when your hunting through 6ft tall sage brush the dog can go on point 50ft from me and it might take me 10 minutes to find her. So i would like to have some kind of collar with a way to locate, ideally it would be something to where i can push a button and it gives some kind of noise so i can locate the dog, not really interested in the beep when point and all that jazz, just a way to find the dog in the brush.....Price wise a gps unit is out of reach...
So if you guys could throw out a few collars that are recommended that are multiple dog and has some kind of beeper/locating system that can be operated by push of button that would be great, i am fine with used,refurbished from collar clinic or something along those lines.

If you just run two dogs at a time, the Dogtra 2502 will work. It's been working for me for a while anyways. Some design flaws in my opinion are that the beeper faces down so can get packed with snow and muffle the sound.

SetterNut

Post by SetterNut » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:43 pm

gonehuntin' wrote:TT Pro 100 three dog unit.

Thats the ticket.
Steve