Kennel Setup (Pic Request)

ekoog82

Kennel Setup (Pic Request)

Post by ekoog82 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:44 pm

So, I was looking through post and couldn't find one that was specifically for Kennel setups. Kind of like a show what you have kind of thread? Is there one? If not lets start one? I ask this as I am interested in putting up one for my two GSP's and would like some ideas. So, Show me what you got!!! Please and thank you

DonF
GDF Junkie

Re: Kennel Setup (Pic Request)

Post by DonF » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:53 pm

I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

crazyboy

Post by crazyboy » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:45 pm

Looks kind of like mine. :P

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:01 pm

DSCN2594 (640x480).jpg
I have kennels from TK Products and love them. http://tkproductsllc.com/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:33 pm

Pretty sure there's a thread or two with tons of pics here in the GDF archives somewhere. For me the important thing was not to make my setup so kennel specific that it wouldn't be useful, "sellable" to a non-dog person if I ever sell the place. My indoor setup is L-shaped, set up for horse stalls/hay storage etc. in one limb then dog kennels/tack room/feed storage/etc. in the other limb. It could easily be used for a bunch of different uses depending on a person's hobbies or needs.

Indoor setup - fully insulated, heated, keep it at about 60 degrees thru winter months. Lower half of the kennel walls lined with Poly max sheets like you'd find in a car wash so I can go to town with the water/cleaning. Windows lined with vinyl trim so I can hit them with hose as well from the inside. Can't remember the slope we put in the flooring but the back kennel portion slopes well to a full length trench that drains to a filter to trap hair/solids/etc then liquids continue to a drain field - the front half slopes out the front door. If you look at the base trim in this pic you can get an idea of the slope:

"Tack" room for storage of food, feed pans, hunting/fishing gear, sink with hot water, etc:

Trench:

Dog yard/outdoor kennels. I converted what used to be my horse arena to a dog yard with 3 outdoor kennels as well. Dogs spend most of the warm summer months here and daily turnout/goofing around. I kept a round pen in the middle for the occasional horse tune up and felt like a horse property ought to at least have one working area:

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:58 pm

Doug,
Is the tack room for rent? I may need to get a divorce, but the wife said I can move out of California....

That's a great set up.

ekoog82

Post by ekoog82 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:07 pm

DonF and crazyboy, thats what my setup looks like now. Pntr, your thread is actually what sparked my interest. I wanted to get some more ideas of what I could do. DGFavor, AMAZING is all I can say. I would love to have a place like that.

Kmack

Post by Kmack » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:24 pm

Before: Area is 20'X60' and adjacent to 40'X120' horse paddock.

During: The 10' near the barn wall is level and the outside 10' is sloped roughly 4" for drainage.

After: Currently (4) 5'X10" kennels with room for (6) more leaving a 10' bay for vehicle access to barn.

I can feed and water the dogs and horses and stay within a 20'X30' area. Like DGFavor, I can remove the kennels and have 20'X60' outdoor concrete floored area to use for whatever I want.

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:05 pm

You may want try to this thread again, don't think anybody wants to post after seeing those two setups. Very Nice, but I can't believe they didn't go with marble floors and granite counter tops. I hate to see people cut corners when it comes to their animals!!
Last edited by Garrison on Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
- Mark Twain-

ekoog82

Post by ekoog82 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:41 am

Garrison wrote:You may want try to this thread again, don't think anybody wants to post after seeing those two setups. Very Nice, but I can't believe you didn't go with marble floors and granite counter tops. I hate to see people cut corners when it comes to their animals!!
LOL, I agree with you on reposting. I know I will never have anything of that magnitude such as GDFavor or Kmack. I really like the setup that Pntr has as it is more of what I have to work with.

I still like to see everyones setups so, please keep em coming.