Dogtra Remote release system

Timothy A Heiner

Dogtra Remote release system

Post by Timothy A Heiner » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:50 pm

I have a dogtra remote release system. It will work about 4 times then fail. It has new batteries. The antenas are new. The beeper works all the time. Does anyone have any ideas? I am starting to hate these things. I hope someone knows what is wrong with these. Thanks Tim

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Re: Dogtra Remote release system

Post by lvrgsp » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:16 pm

Not sure how old it is Tim, but I know I had some issues with my DT launcher, same thing new batteries and it ended up being the actuator that pushes the arm to release the trap.....Mine has been good ever since

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:22 pm

I have a similiar Dogtra system and it has also been a pain in the butooskey. I thought I might have let the battery die by not recharging it often enough so , I got a new battery and set it to the transmitter. Still won't work. I'm sorry I can't help you.(I'll check the actuator.)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Vman

Post by Vman » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:26 pm

It could be the actuater, it can also be the small roller bearing. Make sure the roller bearing is not rusted. If it is not rusty give it a drop of veg. oil or something similar. If it is rusty at all replace it. To check actuator switch a working actuator with a none working. This will tell you if it is the actuator or something else.

crewzm

Post by crewzm » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:43 am

I have only had one failure to launch that was not do to operator error ie forgetting to turn it on, plug in the receiver, or not removing the safety pin. The problem with mine was the actuator arm with the roller bearing got slightly bent. I just bent it back out and works like new. I also had one failure to launch when I tried to hide the launcher because the field was just mowed. The clumps of cut grass some how got in the mechanical linkage and prevented it from launching. If all else fails contact dogtra. I would be interested to see how their customer service is relative to the cost of their product.

Mike

dan v

Post by dan v » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:02 am

Single unit or multiple unit? If multiple, do the other work as expected?

I have multiple that in which I have one that exhibits the same problems as yours...and it's on it fourth trip to Collar Clinic :evil:
Dan

fishpond

Post by fishpond » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:49 am

My DTs are about 3-4 yrs oldand hve worked great.

about 2yrs ago they started to be erratic and then stopped working all together.

I sent the Xmtr and Rec to DT.

Well, on the Xmtr that I have there is a switch on the side to switch it between remote launchers and an Ecollar.

Don't use their Ecollar so never paid any attention to it. I guess I moved the switch.

Dt tech thought I was an idiot, so did I

Coveyrise64

Post by Coveyrise64 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:08 am

I've had trouble with the plug and/or the wire having an intermittent open. The wire gauge is pretty small so it won't take much abuse. I replaced it with a phono cable from radio shack that has the same type plug-in connector. So far I've repaired three out of four launchers.

Coveyrise64
VC TJ's Highfalutin Hawkeye MH, UTI R.I.P. 4/29/05-12/18/18

Thunderhead's All Jacked Up R.I.P. "My Buddy" 9/9/09-1/27/14

VC TJ's Miss Filson MH, UTI R.I.P. 5/13/03-10/15/14

"I'd rather train for perfection than fix the problems of mediocrity" ~ Me

utprizewire

Post by utprizewire » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:14 am

Was having the same problem as you. Check where the (2) wires plug into the receiver on the launcher, mine had come loose. The wires seem to be coated with some type of liquid rubber and mine had cracked letting one of the wires loose. The beeper function still worked so I was puzzled. Nonetheless, check the wires and either tape them up or tighten them down and you should be good to go.

UT

Timothy A Heiner

Post by Timothy A Heiner » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:12 pm

Thanks everyone I will check it out, and let you know. Tim H.