Anyone in Az.

Ranger351

Anyone in Az.

Post by Ranger351 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:41 pm

I live in Mesa Az and have a 5 mo old gsp. Just curious if anyone else in this area would just like to get together and let the dogs run somewhere. Not wanting to pay to go to a preserve just some public land or something.

Ranger351

Re: Anyone in Az.

Post by Ranger351 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:02 pm

Seriously I know this is a nation wide board but no one in the greater Phoenix area?

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:51 pm

I know Knine isn't that far from you .

Ranger351

Post by Ranger351 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:23 pm

Yeah I just wasn't looking to have a membership and fees just to let my dog run loose.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:36 pm

Ranger351 wrote:Yeah I just wasn't looking to have a membership and fees just to let my dog run loose.
Sorry wish we didn't have mortgage and insurance and a shooting preserve license place to have birds and bird feed and other stuff to pay for either so we can have a place to privately train our dogs :oops:
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Az Draht

Post by Az Draht » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:28 am

I am in the north valley, so I am of no use, but have you looked at joining the Arizona Pointing Dog Club or the Shorthair Club. It may not happen right away, but I am sure after a little networking, hanging out at meetings or other events, you will find someone in your area.

I know there is a group that trains out at Johnson Ranch and sometimes a little further south.

The East Valley Field Trial Club may still be around, but I am not sure.

http://www.azpointer.com/EVFTC

Ranger351

Post by Ranger351 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:25 am

Knine sorry you took offense to what I said, I'm not against what you have or do I am simply just looking for a person who has a hunting dog who just wants to let the dogs run and play together. I apologize that I am not interested at this time in the services you provide. I thought this was a forum where I could make contacts and friends with similar interests, am I wrong? I appreciate what you do, have and offered but I myself have 4 children a wife and a dog as well as a sick mother who I help provide and care for. So as of now I have enough things to keep my finances busy. If this is unacceptable then please accept my apologies and erase my thread and let me know what else needs to be done.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:41 am

Ranger351 wrote:Knine sorry you took offense to what I said, I'm not against what you have or do I am simply just looking for a person who has a hunting dog who just wants to let the dogs run and play together. I apologize that I am not interested at this time in the services you provide. I thought this was a forum where I could make contacts and friends with similar interests, am I wrong? I appreciate what you do, have and offered but I myself have 4 children a wife and a dog as well as a sick mother who I help provide and care for. So as of now I have enough things to keep my finances busy. If this is unacceptable then please accept my apologies and erase my thread and let me know what else needs to be done.
That is what this forum.is for. Just also making note since this is a public forum for those reading as to "why" we have a membership where I am at. As Azdraght posted. You might check out azpdc. You may find someone there that just wants to do same as you
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Ricky Ticky Shorthairs

Post by Ricky Ticky Shorthairs » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:47 am

kninebirddog wrote:
Ranger351 wrote:Yeah I just wasn't looking to have a membership and fees just to let my dog run loose.
Sorry wish we didn't have mortgage and insurance and a shooting preserve license place to have birds and bird feed and other stuff to pay for either so we can have a place to privately train our dogs :oops:
That's the way to make the newbie feel welcome!

Ranger351

Post by Ranger351 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:58 am

Ok so I'm not the only one who felt that way.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:02 am

Ricky Ticky Shorthairs wrote:
kninebirddog wrote:
That's the way to make the newbie feel welcome!

I also explained why I made the post I did....

and as I just posted before this post
That is what this forum.is for. Just also making note since this is a public forum for those reading as to "why" we have a membership where I am at. As Azdraght posted. You might check out azpdc. You may find someone there that just wants to do same as you
and Ranger sorry that I felt a bit offended by the way you made your post and made note as to why we have a membership :oops:

Ranger351

Post by Ranger351 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:23 am

You have no reason to feel offended that someone chooses not to use your services. I'm sure you dont have everyone who hunts only hunting at your place. Like every other american I pay taxes that covers a membership to use public lands so that is what I opted to do. If that offends you that I use public lands to simply let a dog run and play then there is a larger issue at stake.

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:30 am

FYI it doesn't read like that.

The way it is written is you weren't looking for a membership just to let your dog run free... the heading was people in Arizona which I provided an option. No one asked if you had already talked to Knine. Just squash it. I didn't know there were fees and a preserve but I guess you already did. A lot of us have to pay 400+ a year to he a member to run our dogs. On top of that I still pay trainer fees. Believe me it could.be a lot more. But to have a reliable place to train your dog is well worth the money spent

Ranger351

Post by Ranger351 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:46 am

The original post stated I didn't want a membership or fees at a preserve just so my dog can run. I stated on public lands as well. I'm not saying others don't do it nor am I saying it's not worth it just that it was not what I am looking for. Is that so wrong?

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:59 am

ultracarry wrote:
FYI it doesn't read like that.

The way it is written is you weren't looking for a membership just to let your dog run free... the heading was people in Arizona which I provided an option. No one asked if you had already talked to Knine. Just squash it.
Ditto not how it came across to me either again

And PS I do not get offended when someone doesn't elect to use our services...Just clarifying up why we do have a membership which includes for people to come out train with us and have access to homers and johnny house birds which also Includes allowing their dogs to run loose at no extra fee but yes only extra cost is for the birds shot for a members dog

SO To get this post back in track Drahts made a GREAT suggestion about contacting the breed clubs or the AZPDC some of them have occasional meetings and training days where you can meet up and maybe find someone that is closer to you where the two of you can find an area closer to you to train in

Good Luck and Happy Hunting :)

OH Also If you want to train on Public land it still it a free license but you need to get a training permit from the AZ Game and Fish for the unit /Units you seek to train in Just letting you know so In case you come across a Game and Fish officer in your travels you have the needed permit for you your dog and if you have bob white quail on public and to train with..Pigeons you don't need permit for

here is the link for the form and PS they are not super speedy about it last time it took ours for training up north about 30 days :roll: http://www.azgfd.gov/eservices/special_ ... ning.shtml

Ranger351

Post by Ranger351 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:16 am

Ok please erase this post. Thanks for the info knine but I WAS NOT looking to train just to let my dog run. Sorry it's so difficult, I'll just stick to the public dog parks to let him run loose. Who knew Az was this difficult, I.m kinda missing the old homestate. Please just lock or erase my thread and in the future if I decide to post again I'll be sure to ask opinions on how to do so properly with all the details. (a bit difficult from a phone)

brad27

Post by brad27 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:33 am

in the words of Tony Soprano, "always with the drama"

get over yourself.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:47 am

Ranger351 wrote:Ok please erase this post. Thanks for the info knine but I WAS NOT looking to train just to let my dog run. Sorry it's so difficult, I'll just stick to the public dog parks to let him run loose. Who knew Az was this difficult, I.m kinda missing the old homestate. Please just lock or erase my thread and in the future if I decide to post again I'll be sure to ask opinions on how to do so properly with all the details. (a bit difficult from a phone)
Again Sorry for the misunderstanding seeing that this is a gun dog forum most people are thinking one wants to work their young dogs..

No need to get so upset and do a knee jerk reaction and delete that post..With all this posting back and forth hopefully it may get more people reading it and maybe just maybe another person might finally read and you may find that person to run your dog with :wink:

So despite how you feel I am actually trying to help here...So lets turn this post around and see if we can get more people reading to try and get a person to peek in that just might fill your desire :D :wink:

So How about telling us more about your pup

Ranger351

Post by Ranger351 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:22 am

Ok I'm sorry too. Thanks. Born on 1/19/2011 gsp male, sire is Remi Vl, dam is Miss Molly XXlll. Just using him for family dog and hunting buddy, no trials or anything like that.bought from friends here in phx az. What else?

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:40 am

Any pictures everyone LOVES puppy pictures :mrgreen:

Antics anything he does that make you laugh

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:43 am

Cool....hey what is this hounds name and what is he going to hunt?
I am sorry they were out of Brittanys when you were looking for a puppy...

Ranger351

Post by Ranger351 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:42 am

Several litters of brittany's available just went with what was better for me. His name is Ranger. He talks to my wife a lot and is great with our kids 13 boy, 8 boy, 2 girl and 1 boy. He is a great pup and so eager to learn. Pics when I can.

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:47 am

I was joshing you about the Britts...I have a shorthair at my kennels right now who is a cool dog, my wife doesn't want him to go home

Ranger351

Post by Ranger351 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:49 pm

Its cool I knew you were joking bout the britts. I'll try to get his full pedigree up soon too.

compasscreek

Post by compasscreek » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:36 pm

Im In N.E. AZ where the skies are blue and the trees are green!!!
"We did not inherit the Earth from our parents,
We are borrowing it from our children"

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:05 pm

Is the sky blue? Last I heard they were grey with smoke and the trees were black... maybe you are further north...

compasscreek

Post by compasscreek » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:48 am

Ultracarry i'm lucky enough to be 17 miles to the west of the fire, which for the most part is away from all the smoke(we have had 2 smokey days on the property). However because I work for the state I still have had to work in it. So yes the sky IS blue, the clouds(not the smoke clouds) look fake, the trees are green and my uniform smells like smoke! lol :P
"We did not inherit the Earth from our parents,
We are borrowing it from our children"

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:00 am

Nothing like northern az... if I wasn't married I would love to live there. O well hope I get drawn for another elk tag in the future.. just glad it wasn't this year.

Ranger351

Post by Ranger351 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:11 am

I was born and spent parts of my childhood in northern az. Can be very beautiful.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:21 am

I was Happy to hear that Big Lake sustain actually Minimal damage and the store and buildings were untouched..The have on their webpage they will be reopening June 26. I saw some inicweb reports that they are using Big Lake as a base station right now for the fire fighters. Hopefully the weather continues to cooperate so they can battle it and really get it contained Can't believe how fast and furious that fire grew last report was over 408,000 acres :( 22 homes 24 out buildings and a vehicle most homes hit was in Greer. Such a heartbreaking Loss

Good note though there has only been 3 injuries and no known loss of human life

and also on a note with the winds down hopefully the fire goes back to being mostly grounded and not crowning as then it can be a good thing for the land ...and easier to keep away and control on the homes and towns that have been evacuated or on pre evac status

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:29 am

http://inciweb.org/incident/2262/

:( As of 11 hours ago
Date Started: 5/29/2011

Number of Personnel: Approximately 4,422

Including 26 hotshot crews and 76 hand crews

Cause: Human - under investigation

Equipment:28 dozers, 263 engines, 69 water tenders

Size: 408,887ac based on last night's infrared data

Aircraft: 15 helicopters

Percent Contained: 6%

Injuries to Date: 3

Residences: 2,714 threatened; 29 destroyed 5 damaged

Structures: 35 destroyed

Other: 1 truck destroyed

Fire Update

The fire is 6% contained, on the northeast side of the fire. Today's activities included burnout operations, structure protection, patrolling for spot fires, and mop up. Today's weather allowed firefighters to complete several burnout operations while continuing other burnout operations south and west of Eagar, and northeast of Alpine. Burnouts are being fired by hand because heavy smoke has precluded use of helicopters for this operation.

One hundred and seventeen law enforcement officers from multiple jurisdictions are working with the incident to ensure public and firefighter safety, as well as protection of property during evacuations.

Current Evacuations

· Full evacuation of Eagar and Springerville. The evacuations were ordered by the Apache County Sheriff's Office on June 8 around 4:00 p.m.

· Sunrise, Greer, Blue River, Alpine, Nutrioso, and the following subdivisions along highways 180/191: Escudilla Mountain Estates, Bonita, White Mtn. Acres, and the H-V Ranch. This area includes County Road (CR) 4000, CR 4001, and CR 4225.

· The evacuation center is located at Blue Ridge High School, 1200 W. White Mtn. Blvd., Pinetop/Lakeside.

Ranger351

Post by Ranger351 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Ok so I snapped off a couple quick pics on my phone and was gonna post them here but can't since everytime I try it tells me uploads are disabled. Dont have any issues elsewhere. Hmmm any ideas?

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:23 pm

Do you have a photobucket account if so download there then copy and paste the links here with the IMG codes

JessiNGunther

Post by JessiNGunther » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:18 am

I use to live in the West Valley 10 years ago and still have family there. That city has grown so much I have no idea where to tell you to go. There has got to be some BLM some where. I lived in Prescott for the last 7.5 years before moving to the crap hole I live now so I could tell you where to go in Prescott. I have a person in Mesa that has a GSP who hunts a lot I have not spoke to him in 6 months but i'm going to shoot him an Email and see if he can help you out. Good luck with your puppy.
Life is best when you're Jeeping with your Family and Dogs
General Gunther Von Grants
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

Ranger351

Post by Ranger351 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:47 am

Awesome thanks.

Born2Hunt

Post by Born2Hunt » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:55 am

I also live in mesa az and have 2 gsp's and a vizsla . I know this is an older post. But for some reason I missed it.

A/C Guy

Post by A/C Guy » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:18 pm

Ranger351 wrote:I live in Mesa Az and have a 5 mo old gsp. Just curious if anyone else in this area would just like to get together and let the dogs run somewhere. Not wanting to pay to go to a preserve just some public land or something.
There is a dog park in S.E. mesa for play time. Most of the open land out here is state trust land, so you must have the proper annual permit to work your dog. I'm fortunate enough to be 5 minutes from Nat Forest land, so we go out there. Send me a pm if you are still looking for play mates for your GSP.
"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." John Quincy Adams.

Gunner In The Brush

Post by Gunner In The Brush » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:27 pm

Ranger351 wrote:Ok I'm sorry too. Thanks. Born on 1/19/2011 gsp male, sire is Remi Vl, dam is Miss Molly XXlll. Just using him for family dog and hunting buddy, no trials or anything like that.bought from friends here in phx az. What else?
Well, well, well... Good thing I made it through all the tension and kept reading this post. Turns out, I think I'm the guy you're looking for! Not only do I live in Mesa; looking for some learning experiences other than dog parks; but it turns out our dogs are from the same litter... Small world huh? I'm using Gunner (litter name was Timber) as a family dog and hunting buddy as well. Let me know if you'd like to meet sometime and let the two reunite.

This is my first post to not only this forum, but any forum at that. I imaging you could just message me. Guess I'll find out...

Cheers to the guy who kept this post alive!
Gunner.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ranger351

Post by Ranger351 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:35 pm

UPDATE.... I just found the owner of my dogs brother from the same litter on this forum(well actually he found me) but still. We are going to get the two together for some work outs and training and helping each other out in the field when more than one person is needed.