Do You Like Setters?

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Do You Like Setters?

Post by Cajun Casey » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:59 am

This beautiful guy was on the gang when I took a couple of mine to the trainer's place last week. I'll send a cookie to anyone who can guess some of his breeding.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Re: Do You Like Setters?

Post by Mountaineer » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:25 pm

Setters West
Old Hemlock
Alder Run
DeCoverly
Pinecoble

Wa Chukar Hunter

Post by Wa Chukar Hunter » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:51 pm

Llewellin - Probably a Royacelle/Blizzard cross
"I swear a woman's breast is the hardest rock, the Almighty ever created, and I can find no sign on it." Bear Claw Chris Lapp

taxidermy

Post by taxidermy » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:18 pm

feet looks like a big running dog

vols fan

Post by vols fan » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:56 pm

My first dog was a setter, Flaming Star pup. This dog to me looks like Bobby Joe . I'm thinking Grouse Ridge lines ? Tony

dudleysmith

Post by dudleysmith » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:57 pm

Jetsetter

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:59 pm

dudleysmith wrote:Jetsetter
Bingo. I'll ask about momma's side. Do you like the collar?

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:01 pm

taxidermy wrote:feet looks like a big running dog
Blackhawk
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

dudleysmith

Post by dudleysmith » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:03 pm

Cajun Casey wrote:

collar? i will take a stab and say momma has TMS in her somewhere

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:19 pm

dudleysmith wrote:
Cajun Casey wrote:

Could be on the momma. He's local, but I don't think he's Open Range. I was suprised at how big he was.

The collar is (was) a $40 leopard print grosgrain ribbon collar. Bet someone gets an earful when Mummy sees it. It holds up well on the chain, though. :D

AZSetter

Post by AZSetter » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:16 pm

dudleysmith wrote:
Cajun Casey wrote:

Jettsetter has TMS. I would guess more on mamma's side too maybe by way of Hick's rising son. Just a stab in the dark though.

Wildweeds

Post by Wildweeds » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:16 pm

looks to be a dead ringer for my buddys female..........she had a brother that was sold.........I'm gonna say that the momma is Johnny's Jewel

Yahoo

Post by Yahoo » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:19 am

Jetsetter has TMS through sire and Dam. Sire; High Definition, was by See Johnny Run (TMS son) X Touch of Sundrop (Sire was Brick Church Sundrop out TMS).

Dam was Barnhill Lacy who was out of One Destined (Sire was Destinare) X Sunsetts Breeze (Sire was TMS)

No Hicks Rising sun

Ryman Gun Dog

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:14 pm

CC,
Very hard to tell with just the one picture straight on as it is, can't tell exactly how big the dogs is, and what his conformation is really like, and at what age.
It looks like an orange belton but some Lynn Hill dogs do, and they are not Ryman stock, need more pictures to be sure.
RGD/Dave

Yahoo

Post by Yahoo » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:00 pm

Ryman Gun Dog wrote:CC,
Very hard to tell with just the one picture straight on as it is, can't tell exactly how big the dogs is, and what his conformation is really like, and at what age.
It looks like an orange belton but some Lynn Hill dogs do, and they are not Ryman stock, need more pictures to be sure.
RGD/Dave
If you read the thread you will know who the sire is.

I would like to know who the Dam is and who owns the dog.

Wildweeds

Post by Wildweeds » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:41 pm

Local guy here has a littermate female of High Definintion, She's had quite a few litters to all different studs and has produced some pretty nice dogs.........Most notably FC Jaydogs Wonderboy big big big going birdfinder,who's gone runner up at english setter nationals once,got really screwed over once at the nationals and was #1 eng setter in 08 and 09 I'm pretty sure of the years but not 100%.

Come on Cajun get with the program here.................. Scoop on the dam's paper

Yahoo wrote:Jetsetter has TMS through sire and Dam. Sire; High Definition, was by See Johnny Run (TMS son) X Touch of Sundrop (Sire was Brick Church Sundrop out TMS).

Dam was Barnhill Lacy who was out of One Destined (Sire was Destinare) X Sunsetts Breeze (Sire was TMS)

No Hicks Rising sun

TexasAggie09

Post by TexasAggie09 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:33 pm

I am going to go on a limb and sa that if it is a jetsetter bred pup, it is not from Open Range kennel.

If that pup is in oklahoma or kansas (aka....owner is from that region), odds are that the female is heavy in See Johnny Run or TM Patriot. Jason Patty of skyview setters has bred to jet a few times and Jerry Lewis has bred to him quite a bit.

Jetsetter has not been bred very much; I know this from conversations with Jim Michaletz. So, thats why I would venture the guesses above.

Yahoo

Post by Yahoo » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:58 am

TexasAggie09 wrote:I am going to go on a limb and sa that if it is a jetsetter bred pup, it is not from Open Range kennel.

If that pup is in oklahoma or kansas (aka....owner is from that region), odds are that the female is heavy in See Johnny Run or TM Patriot. Jason Patty of skyview setters has bred to jet a few times and Jerry Lewis has bred to him quite a bit.

Jetsetter has not been bred very much; I know this from conversations with Jim Michaletz. So, thats why I would venture the guesses above.

If I remember Allen only bred him twice before his great performance at the 2009 National. Since then i think he has been bred around 20 times. He sure has proven to be a producer. Two derbies out of him won Championshpis this year. With a whole lot of other winners.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:04 pm

gpblitz wrote:Could anyone tell me how Jetsetter is bred?
He's a See Johnny Run grandson on top. More of his pedigree is on Allen Vincent Kennels' site.

Wildweeds

Post by Wildweeds » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:15 pm

Typing dog lineage is not that easy to follow so I'll start with an explanation.......... dogs are "By " a male and "Out of" a female.......You can build a tree and fill in the branches to see it as it would appear in pedigree form.

So Jetsetter is By Ch High Definiton and out of Barnhill lacey, HD is by HOF CH See Johnny run and out of Touch of sundrop, Touch of sundrop is by Ch Brick Church Sundrop and out of Out of touch, See johhny Run is by TM sunrise and out of Crocketts new horizon there is 3 generations of the paternal line of Jetsetter

The maternal goes like this

Barnhill lacey is By CH One destined and out of Sunsets Breeze,One destined is by HOF Ch Destinaire out of Milomix rose , milomix rose is by milomix missouri mike and out of milomix bozeans daisy,Sunsets Breeze is by HOF CH Tekoa mountain sunrise and out of CH tekoa mountain breeze, Sunrise is by Barn owl wind and out of Miss tekoa hope. Ch Tekoa mountain breeze is by dens smoked hickory and out of Ch tekoa mountain hope.

Yahoo

Post by Yahoo » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:57 pm

Wildweeds wrote:Typing dog lineage is not that easy to follow so I'll start with an explanation.......... dogs are "By " a male and "Out of" a female.......You can build a tree and fill in the branches to see it as it would appear in pedigree form.

So Jetsetter is By Ch High Definiton and out of Barnhill lacey, HD is by HOF CH See Johnny run and out of Touch of sundrop, Touch of sundrop is by Ch Brick Church Sundrop and out of Out of touch, See johhny Run is by TM sunrise and out of Crocketts new horizon there is 3 generations of the paternal line of Jetsetter

The maternal goes like this

Barnhill lacey is By CH One destined and out of Sunsets Breeze,One destined is by HOF Ch Destinaire out of Milomix rose , milomix rose is by milomix missouri mike and out of milomix bozeans daisy,Sunsets Breeze is by HOF CH Tekoa mountain sunrise and out of CH tekoa mountain breeze, Sunrise is by Barn owl wind and out of Miss tekoa hope. Ch Tekoa mountain breeze is by dens smoked hickory and out of Ch tekoa mountain hope.
WOW You are good that was better than Jim Could do.

Wildweeds

Post by Wildweeds » Sun May 01, 2011 12:47 am

I still can't be 100% positive but a pm came in and I'll put it at 99.5% that the dam is Johnny's Jewel, breeder is right,trainer that washed the dog out is right,and the age is spot on for a jewel pup.......not to mention the fact he looks just like his sis

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Sun May 01, 2011 4:57 am

Wildweeds wrote:I still can't be 100% positive but a pm came in and I'll put it at 99.5% that the dam is Johnny's Jewel, breeder is right,trainer that washed the dog out is right,and the age is spot on for a jewel pup.......not to mention the fact he looks just like his sis
I think it's pretty cool that the guess was so close. You're lucky I got enough info to figure it out, seeing as how the conversation included when I am planning on getting on the horse I'm supposed to be buying (never, if I can help it), would a hoof dressing work without pulling his shoes (Hooflex has a new one), Top Crude's Elhew blood, what to do about the dog that went to Grove Spring, whether it was worth it to finish out a little male, how the snow decimated the bobwhites, and the fact that I saw a prairie chicken in a pecan grove.

Anyway, the dog in the picture is a big ol' housepet and one of the sweetest dogs you will ever meet. He is also remarkably well built. Kind of puts a damper on those AA breedings don't make good birddogs theories.

Now, you know the rest of the story. :)

big steve46

Post by big steve46 » Sun May 01, 2011 6:52 am

Setters Rule! :)
big steve

seejohnnyrunks

Post by seejohnnyrunks » Tue May 03, 2011 12:54 pm

Gentlemen:
I am 99.9% sure he is out of Jetsetter and Johnny's Jewel, he was Dr. Win's stud fee pup. I was not aware that Alan had sold the pup. I would like to contact the owner of the dog. Does anyone have any info on the trainer or owner? Would appreciate any help. Jerry Lewis