Can anybody explain my dogs pedigree

xtrema2

Can anybody explain my dogs pedigree

Post by xtrema2 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:42 pm

What does all the numbers on it stand for? For example one looks like * 100-613-4357
another is 6-22-134
and some are 0-0-0

Thank you.

ymepointer

Re: Can anybody explain my dogs pedigree

Post by ymepointer » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:52 pm

Wins-Number of winners produced-Number of Wins by Progeny

1-12-30 would mean your dog had one win, produced 12 winners who won 30

BMURPH

Post by BMURPH » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:52 pm

I assuming this an American Field Ped. Its been awhile but I believe its the first number indicates how many field trial wins a particular dog has. The second number is how many offspring it has had that have had wins and the third numbers is the total number of wins those offspring have had. These numbers can change. They are of the date of the pedigree being issued. Some of the people who run AF can further advise

xtrema2

Post by xtrema2 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:57 pm

Thanks, What's the difference in american field and other pedigrees?

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:04 pm

American Field aka FDSB the only titles you will see is that of Field titles and an * after a name indicates an American Field HOF

AKC you will see different titles which range from FC to AFC Field champion Amatuer fiedl champion to DC which is a Dual champion having a title in the field and the Show ring a CH on an AKC ped is that of a Show title

there is JH SH and MH which is that of HUnt test title which are after the name there are utlity titles and obedience title

there is also NAVDHA which you will see via that is prize 1 or II depending on how well a dog did ..like the hunt test NAvdha is a pass or fail

in NSTRA CH is also field title only

one organization doesn't recognize another so this is where online records come into play any more
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

xtrema2

Post by xtrema2 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:17 pm

Hahaha Now u've confused me. Im as lost as last years easter egg.

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Post by slistoe » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:21 pm

xtrema2 wrote:Thanks, What's the difference in american field and other pedigrees?
The sanctioning body the dog is registered with will issue the pedigree for the dog. Obviously you have a dog registered with the Field Dog Stud Book.

xtrema2

Post by xtrema2 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:27 pm

I see. Thanks everyone

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:32 pm

ymepointer wrote:Wins-Number of winners produced-Number of Wins by Progeny

1-12-30 would mean your dog had one win, produced 12 winners who won 30
+1 yme is 100% correct in the explanation.
Jess Stucky
Prairie Fire Pointers & Supply
Pretty Prairie, KS
http://www.prairiefirepointers.com
http://www.prairiefirepointersupply.com
'Distinguished Dogs for the Discriminating Hunter'
Doesn't Your Dog Deserve The Best?

"Add clarity to your life, see through the eyes of a dog"

RayGubernat
GDF Junkie

Post by RayGubernat » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:35 pm

xtrema2 wrote:Thanks, What's the difference in american field and other pedigrees?

The Field Dog Stud Book is the registry for the American Field Publishing Company. American Field only records wins in pointing dog field trial competitions. That is all they do. A Ch. in front of a dog's name means it has been named winner and champion in a championship field trial of some type. Nice and simple.

As mentioned previously, an asterisk means that dog has been elected to the Bird Dog Hall of Fame. The vast, vast majority of the dogs in the FDSB are Pointers and English Setters. There are a handful of GSP's, Irish(Red) setters and Brittanys registered with FDSB as well.

The AKC does a whole basket full of competitive things...conformation(dog shows), field trials for pointing dogs, flushing dogs, retrievers, beagles, agility competitions, obedience, earthdog...the list goes on and on. They also sanction Hunt Tests for the pointing breeds.

There is a mind boggling alphabet soup of abbreviations which go either before or after the dogs registered name, depending on the type of competition or test. I won't say more than that.

RayG