Registering american field

Brushbustin Sporting Dogs

Registering american field

Post by Brushbustin Sporting Dogs » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:34 pm

Have never registered a dog with AF. The male is FDSB but the dam is only with AKC. How easy is it to dual register the litter? Also have a coming 3 year old is he eligible to cross register to FDSB?
Robert Myers

Rajin Kennel

308-870-3448

Brittanys are Best enough said...

BBD's Ca-Ching
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1061

Brushbustin's Ebbie SH
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=678

BNJ's Dirty Dozen Dixie
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=869

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Re: Registering american field

Post by Cajun Casey » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:52 pm

You will need the registration application, a copy of the dog's AKC registration certificate and $32 per animal. It's fairly self explanitory on the app, and you don't have to fill out any of the pedigree or Certificate of Ownership of Dam since AKC will be warranting the pedigree. Do be sure to color in the markings. Call Linda at The Field if you have any questions. She can also arrange to take a credit card number by phone if you will send a note with the app and include your phone number.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Post by Brushbustin Sporting Dogs » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:08 pm

Casey thank you. More specificly though does my gyp need to be registered FDSB to do the litter?
Robert Myers

Rajin Kennel

308-870-3448

BBD's Ca-Ching

Brushbustin's Ebbie SH

BNJ's Dirty Dozen Dixie

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:33 pm

From what I understand things have changed & to register a dog with FDSB the litter has to be FDSB registered,unless I have been told wrong.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:35 pm

Vonzeppelinkennels wrote:From what I understand things have changed & to register a dog with FDSB the litter has to be FDSB registered,unless I have been told wrong.
I just did one. It cost ten bucks extra.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:38 pm

Brushbustin Sporting Dogs wrote:Casey thank you. More specificly though does my gyp need to be registered FDSB to do the litter?
Print the litter nomination form from www.americanfield.org. Fill out all the information and include a copy of the female's AKC registration certificate. Call Linda for an exact cost, because some forms are out of date on price right now. Your female will be issued an FDSB number, along with the litter nomination. When you get the forms back, make sure to make copies because they don't send one per pup like AKC does.

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:00 am

HMMM hopefully they have changed it back like it use to be,but the last time I wanted to reg a dog from a non reg FDSB litter was told the litter had to be registered.If you look on the application under Dams name it says dogs to be registered must be from an enrlloed litter,(am I reading something wrong or been miss informed)
I know the first dogs I registered with FDSB you could reg individual dogs that were registered with AKC with an additional $10 fee & it still $10 more if registered elsewhere.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:07 am

It is easy to register the litter with FDSB
Fill out the litter forms 1 and 2 you can print these forms directly from www.americanfield.com enter the dams info with her AKC number and send in with a copy of her AKC Registration Papers. You do not need to register her they will still issue her a number which you can use in the future..they do charge an extra an extra 5 dollars if the dam or the sire is not registered with FDSB.
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

RayGubernat
GDF Junkie

Post by RayGubernat » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:20 am

Once the litter is registered FDSB, it is a simple process to register the individual littermates AKC via OPEN egistration. It requires a 3 generation FDSB pedigree, two photos of the dog and some money.

RayG

dan v

Post by dan v » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:52 am

Vonzeppelinkennels wrote:HMMM hopefully they have changed it back like it use to be,but the last time I wanted to reg a dog from a non reg FDSB litter was told the litter had to be registered.If you look on the application under Dams name it says dogs to be registered must be from an enrlloed litter,(am I reading something wrong or been miss informed)
I know the first dogs I registered with FDSB you could reg individual dogs that were registered with AKC with an additional $10 fee & it still $10 more if registered elsewhere.
I have been registering some our dogs both ways. Pudgey was registered AKC, and so was Buck. Pudgey was like 4 years old when I registered her with FDSB and Buck may have been a two year old. I think, as somebody already noted, paid the additional $10, transfer of a foreign registry....and FDSB accept the AKC DNA profile, for additional $$. I think the final payment to American Field to register Pudge with FDSB, including the DNA, was $50.
Dan

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:09 am

Ok I have done all that before I have several dogs that are dbl reg but was told it had changed & the way I understood all dogs plus the litter had to be FDSB reg.The dog I'm speaking of I bred & own the dam she is DBL reg but the sire was not.I either received the wrong info or misunderstood.

Thanks

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:40 am

On the Enrollment of Litter registration application
The very last line on that form

"Photocopy of AKC registration certificate is required if sire or dam is not registered with F.D.S.B. - An additional fee of $5.00 is required"

There are some females where I have purchased that were not FDSB reg and I won't breed enough to warrant FDSB individual registration which is like 35 bucks so I just pay the extra 5 bucks to reg the litters from her as it would take 7 litters to make it pay off 35 for individual registration OR 5 dollar extra on her litters that i FDSB reg
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Nhuskr

Post by Nhuskr » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:30 pm

Can someone explain the benefits of registering with American Field? Being fairly new to hunting in general and extremely new to the concepts of field trials/games, etc. I must claim complete ignorance. :oops:

Cheryl

Post by Brushbustin Sporting Dogs » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:34 pm

Cheryl, With the brittany world most of the hour AKC stakes are dual sanctioned with American Field. You can run in an AF trial unregistered but if you win the Championship title does not get given to you. Maybe there is more but that is my reasoning.
Robert Myers

Rajin Kennel

308-870-3448

BBD's Ca-Ching

Brushbustin's Ebbie SH

BNJ's Dirty Dozen Dixie

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:42 pm

Nhuskr wrote:Can someone explain the benefits of registering with American Field? Being fairly new to hunting in general and extremely new to the concepts of field trials/games, etc. I must claim complete ignorance. :oops:

Cheryl
As noted, it is to receive official certification of placements and championships attained in American Field sanctioned events. NBHA, ABHA and other organizations run under AF, so there are opportunities for walking trial participation, as well as the horseback stakes. If you do not intend to participate in Field sanctioned events, there would be no reason to obtain the registration.

Nhuskr

Post by Nhuskr » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:04 pm

Cajun Casey wrote:
Nhuskr wrote:Can someone explain the benefits of registering with American Field? Being fairly new to hunting in general and extremely new to the concepts of field trials/games, etc. I must claim complete ignorance. :oops:

Cheryl
As noted, it is to receive official certification of placements and championships attained in American Field sanctioned events. NBHA, ABHA and other organizations run under AF, so there are opportunities for walking trial participation, as well as the horseback stakes. If you do not intend to participate in Field sanctioned events, there would be no reason to obtain the registration.
Thanks. I'm trying to decide if I want to play any of the games with my pup. Reading about them, they seem a little intimidating. I'm hoping to go to a FT in February and check it out.

Cheryl

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:12 pm

Nhuskr wrote:
Cajun Casey wrote:

Cheryl
Thanks. I'm trying to decide if I want to play any of the games with my pup. Reading about them, they seem a little intimidating. I'm hoping to go to a FT in February and check it out.

Cheryl
We have some trials coming up in NEOK this spring. Why don't you begin a thread asking for trials in your area. There are several venues (AF, AF walking, AKC, and NSTRA) to choose from. Perhaps folks here would help you choose something that suits your interests and your dog. Hunt tests are another option.