elhew gunner

bigoak

elhew gunner

Post by bigoak » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:50 am

Can someone tell me about this dog.Color-size-has he produced pups?Wasn't he one of the last dogs that Bob W. owned?....vern

BoJack

Re: elhew gunner

Post by BoJack » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:30 pm

No,Wehle never owned him.He's in Harold Ray's string.Not sure if Harold or Doug own him or not.He's doing quite a bit of winning.Out of Fibber McGee.I'm sure he's got some pups out there somewhere.Have heard some comments from different ones the last few months that they'll breed to him.
Last edited by BoJack on Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dog On Point!!

BoJack

Post by BoJack » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:31 pm

Vagas on here can probably fill you in more if he reads this.
Dog On Point!!

ElhewPointer

Post by ElhewPointer » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:41 am

I've watched him run a few times. He is on Doug's string right now. Orange and white dog. I've only seen him as he's been a little long in the tooth. From what I heard when he was in his prime, he was quite a hand full. And now that he's put some age on he has settled down into a better shooting dog. The only dog that I know out of him that has done any winning is Hawthorn's Big Shooter that Jim Tande owns. I know he has been bred, but don't know much on the pups. My dog Ben and him were braced with each other this year at the Invitational. Was kind of neat to see two brothers going head to head at the biggest Shooting Dog venue we offer. Day one Gunner wasn't himself. Seemed a little lost. He got out of pocket quite a bit. Just wasn't clicking with Doug. At about the 40 min. mark he settled down and had some bird work. Day two both dogs got split up. They both were tearing it up the first 5 mins., then Gunner took a right and Ben kept going to the front. We got seperated and really didn't get back together until about min. 45. So I didn't get to see him much.

As far as breeding to him or getting a pup out of him, I really haven't felt the need due to me having similar blood in my kennel. And he isn't my style of dog. That is not knocking him, just not what im looking for.

Vagas