Weim Foster Homes Needed

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Weim Foster Homes Needed

Post by Greg Jennings » Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:58 pm

If anyone would consider providing a foster home for a Weim awaiting adoption, please get in touch with me.

Bird Dog 67

Post by Bird Dog 67 » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:22 am

Hey Greg,

Is this for a Breed Rescue effort?

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:41 pm

Yes. It is the Tennessee Valley Weim Rescue.

I'm bringing a new GSP pup home in a week and am not an *ideal* foster home anyway.

I'm making a donation to the WRTVS. They are good folks and have helped me with Vizsla rescue in the past.

Best regards,

Greg Jennings

This is the message:

---------------

Please circulate to homes that would be appropriate for fostering a weimaraner. we need fenced in yards or folks that are active and can leash these Weims along with them. We are desperate. I know everyone is full these days, so I honestly do understand the problem. But we would certainly appreciate your asking around! Thanks karen and monique for circulating!!!!

If any of the Vizsla rescue guys could help that would be great. you would be very accustomed to a weims personality and needs!!!!

allic
WRTVS - Huntsville, AL

Just an update on where we are with rescues. As of today, we are boarding 10 (yes, TEN) dogs due to the lack of foster homes. (This is the most we've ever had boarded at any one time.) We need your help!!! This is costing us just over $100 per day....over $3000 per month... Our money will be completely gone in 2 months if we continue at this rate. If EVERY person on our volunteers list would donate $40, we could cover boarding expenses for the remainder of the summer. This would be a great help, although not the ideal situation. Obviously, we would prefer to get these dogs into foster homes where they can be loved & socialized. To all of our foster homes...Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! We would not exist if it weren't for you!!! PLEASE contact Cindy Smith cindyione@yahoo.com 205 531-2983 if you can foster (or reply to me)!!! If you cannot foster, please consider helping thru a donation. (See the donations page on our website http://www.weimrescue.com/donation.asp for the mailing address or pay via pay pal.) If you have a creative suggestion for a quick fundraising project, PLEASE share your idea!

Weims needing foster homes:

Smokey - 1 1/2 year old female. petite & very sweet. This girl has been moved around WAY too much already. She just keeps getting roughed up by the large weims in her previous foster homes. Boarded in Ocean Springs, MS.

Casey - 10 month old female. Typical hyper young weim. Probably NOT yet potty trained. Her family was planning to dump her in the woods when they moved. Thank goodness a kind neighbor stepped in & brought her to us. Boarded in Ocean Springs, MS.

Hoover - 1 1/2 to 2 year old male. Hoover came to us from a kill shelter in GA. He is HW positive & will require a 6-8 week confinement period during his treatment. Something looks odd about his gate & the vets are evaluating his hips for potential problems. Boarded in Birmingham, AL.

Morty - Senior male. Morty is in the midst of his HW treatment. He will be going home with Dr Stumpff as soon as he is neutered. She is going to keep Morty until a long term foster home is found. I think Morty has touched quite a few hearts. He really has gone thru a remarkable transformation...just a special boy! Boarded in Birmingham, AL.

Barker - 2 year old male. Barker was adopted but is now being returned due to the fact that he was destroying the kids toys. He is a typical active young male weim. Boarded in Nashville, TN.

Duke - 4 1/2 year old male. Duke was also adopted but returned because he was fighting with the other dogs in the family. He needs to go to a home preferably with a submissive female. Trained to an underground fence. Boarded in Nashville, TN.

Emily - 5-6 year old Alpha female. Emily was adopted & is being returned because she is growling at the 20 year old daughter. Also some wetting issues inside, but we feel this could be from a UTI (that happened previously in the foster home.) Needs to be in a household with a submissive weim. Boarded in Huntsville, AL.

Ashley - New female that we picked up from the B'ham humane society last Thursday. She came in with Jasper & the 2 seem to be fairly attached to one another. Not much info yet. Boarded in Birmingham, AL.

Jasper - New Male that came from the B'ham Humane society. Not much info yet. Boarded in Birmingham, AL.

Gracie Mae - 1 1/2 year old female that was just picked up from Dothan Animal control today. She seems to be very sweet. The family turned her in because she played too rough with their small kids. Boarded in Ozark, AL.
\

Thanks so much...

Vanessa

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:44 pm

Wow, sounds like someone has a Weim puppymill going on in Birmingham!
brenda

Colleen

Post by Colleen » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:09 am

That breaks my heart to read about all those poor dogs. I just can't imagine getting a dog and then just giving it back (or worse, leaving it to starve to death outside!!) That's especially annoying since a lot of those "behavioral issues" can be worked on but people are too lazy and/or don't know what they're getting into with a Weim. So sad.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:41 am

With a really attractive Vizsla that I take pretty much everywhere, I talk to a lot of people about dogs.

You would not believe the number of people that say that they gave up or are about to give up on a puppy that is chewing, jumping or any number of other common puppy behaviors.

I tell them that if they don't want to deal with another living thing they should have gotten a Chia Pet.

Venting aside, the WRTVS sure could use some help.