GSP Breeders

newhunter1

GSP Breeders

Post by newhunter1 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:04 pm

Hello. I have already spoken to a few people from here but just thought I would ask for an overall opinion from everyone. I live in Az and am looking at getting a dog in the fall time. I am interested in GSP's and looking for breeders in the Az area or an extremely reputable breeder if it has to be out of state. If it is out of state I would like it to be in CA,UT,NV,CO, or NM so that I can drive there and be back in a day or two. Thanks

Maverick57

Re: GSP Breeders

Post by Maverick57 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:48 pm

Hey,

Welcome to the fourm. there is a guy in the dogsfor sale fourm Casper I think it is who is in Northern NV pups are due march 4th I who say that is pretty close. check it out Good Luck.

I live in New Mexico there is not a single decent GSP breeder I have come across.
Maverick 57

If you are not the lead Dog, The view never changes !

Good Girls Seldom Make History !

Casper

Post by Casper » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:17 pm

Thank you for the plug Maverick57.

In my opinion spring time is a better time of year to get a puppy. They have a chance to grow a good bit and get a chance to chase some birds around before you attempt killing any birds for them. Spring and summer are great times of the year to build a foundation in your puppy and get allot of questions answered if this is your first hunting (pointing) dog

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:30 pm

newhunter1

Post by newhunter1 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:25 pm

Thanks keep them coming so I can have a good selection of places to find the best.

Dirtysteve

Post by Dirtysteve » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:07 pm

What are you looking for in a GSP? I know alot of breeders in Utah and may be able to help you out if I knew more.

TAK

Post by TAK » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:43 pm

newhunter1 wrote:Thanks keep them coming so I can have a good selection of places to find the best.

No need for more info... There ya have someone close, FC champion sire, soon to be FC mother and he is a Chukar hunter... Sure he the owner is ugly as a fence post but the dogs will look good!

And if you can get a dog sooner than latter! You want to be able to start this fall hunting!

Coveyrise64

Post by Coveyrise64 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:46 pm

Maverick57 wrote:Hey,

Welcome to the fourm. there is a guy in the dogsfor sale fourm Casper I think it is who is in Northern NV pups are due march 4th I who say that is pretty close. check it out Good Luck.

I live in New Mexico there is not a single decent GSP breeder I have come across.
I have been braced in AKC Hunt Tests with some of the dogs from this kennel. Nice dogs from a conscientious breeder. He also judges AKC HT and FT. I believe he is doing some NAVHDA tests also.

http://www.ovationgsp.com/index.asp

Coveyrise64
VC TJ's Highfalutin Hawkeye MH, UTI R.I.P. 4/29/05-12/18/18

Thunderhead's All Jacked Up R.I.P. "My Buddy" 9/9/09-1/27/14

VC TJ's Miss Filson MH, UTI R.I.P. 5/13/03-10/15/14

"I'd rather train for perfection than fix the problems of mediocrity" ~ Me

Ruby's Best Friend

Post by Ruby's Best Friend » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:13 am

http://www.prairiewindgsps.com/index.html has some real nice GSP'S. Field tested and should not have a problem with conformation either.

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:00 am

Contact Don Lee at Teton Kennels. He is in Arizona and his breeding and performance program is very successful. http://www.azquailguide.com/ or donlee@commspeed.net

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:52 am

We can ship...
brenda

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:30 am

snips wrote:We can ship...
can't go wrong here :lol:
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:34 am

Terry Chandler in New Mexico would be mt recommendation. Good man with "great dogs", find him on Facebook.

Google Terry Chandler GSP and Rugerheim Kennels

Pepper
2009 NGSPA National Champion R/U
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2071

Jeremiah 29:11

God says He has Plans for Me

D2shorthairs

Post by D2shorthairs » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:01 pm

I'm in central Texas and can ship.

www.bluemountainpreserve.com 830.370.2070

David Dyal

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:35 pm

TAK wrote:
newhunter1 wrote:Thanks keep them coming so I can have a good selection of places to find the best.

No need for more info... There ya have someone close, FC champion sire, soon to be FC mother and he is a Chukar hunter... Sure he the owner is ugly as a fence post but the dogs will look good!

And if you can get a dog sooner than latter! You want to be able to start this fall hunting!

I have to agree with this post completely. When you have someone who will be a friend and help you in everyway possible and has some real good breeding just not much reason to look for someone else.

Give Casper a call and talk to him. I think you will see what we are talking about.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

JMR POINTERS

Post by JMR POINTERS » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:31 pm

I can verify Don Lee has some great dogs I have trialed against them tough to beat

newhunter1

Post by newhunter1 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:40 pm

Thanks to all for your help. My intentions for a dog are to use for a family dog who I take hunting or anytime I go out and thas just about every weekend. I will be doing a lot of upland hunting mainly pheasant but will also be doing some duck hunting and such. I hunt from foot so a closer working dog that I can see but not have to chase from underfoot is ideal. The dog would also need to be great in the water as I am at the river or lakes near water several times a month. I have a family and small children so temperment in good too. I have seen many dogs I like and I do know they are worth the money but I am not wanting to drop 1k+ then have to pay for shipping as well. I would love to get to see my dog in person and choose for myself. That is the main reason why I am looking for someone closer. I will do my research on the ones listed that are closer to me and see what I can find.