Low tone bell

petey

Low tone bell

Post by petey » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:11 pm

Does anybody hunt with a bell anymore? I need a good low tone bell.

Mr. Crappie

Re: Low tone bell

Post by Mr. Crappie » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:32 pm

Lion Country has several different bells for dogs. I would say they have every type you could ask for.

BoJack

Post by BoJack » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:12 pm

Second the Lion Country Supply,they have a good selection.I have one of the smaller sheep bells that carry for a long distance.Aslo there's a guy who hand makes some good ones,His name is Mike Flellwing(sp?) You may reach him or get his e-mail from someone on the Cover Dog board.
Dog On Point!!

petey

Post by petey » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:04 pm

Is there any dog supply place that sells these Mike Flewelling's dog bells? Or they special order? I wouldn't know how explain to him what I can hear and what I can't. I know my hunting buddy runs one of the old cabela's brush busters beepers that I gave him and I can't hear that thing for squat. I've got an ATS collar that is my lifeline for bird hunting but sometimes I run two dogs myself and one is a close to med. range dog that a good bell would probably work on and the other dog it would take the liberty bell to keep up with him but he sure finds the birds and lucky for him and me he holds them until I get there. It's just one of those times where you just have to be there. In my neck of the the woods it's deep hollers and heavy laurel thickets with a few rock bluffs throwed in and I've tried the little 5 dollar bells and try don't do it for my ears.

natel24

Post by natel24 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:14 pm

I also hunt with a bell, just a small nickel cow bell plenty loud for the range my dog hunts at. Growing up my dads dogs were always equipped with a bell. So i guess thats why i still use one, plenty loud and no need for batteries or a recharge
natel24
"My dogs not perfect, but i'm not a perfect shot either."
"I'd rather go hunting without a gun than without my dog."

x Bred Pointer

Post by x Bred Pointer » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:59 am

These are the Flewelling bells. Sunkhaze is his kennel name.

http://shop.dogsunlimited.com/item.asp?n=gwb&d=34&b=1