So what did you get for Christmas?

Sharon
GDF Junkie

So what did you get for Christmas?

Post by Sharon » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:12 pm

I got a new electric collar ( for the dog), a second launcher ( for the dog), a pair of gold earrings ( for me), a call from my sister in Hawaii ( 72 degrees) and my brother on Vancouver Island (guide - salmon, halibut, mule deer, moose). :)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

gar-dog

Re: So what did you get for Christmas?

Post by gar-dog » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:57 pm

My Dad is in town and he gave me his slide rule and drafting set from when he started engineering school in 1948. I used to ogle over them when I was a kid. I also got some neat vintage bird hunting and dog books, a small dog bronze, and of course the lithographs in my other thread!

MOOSE

Post by MOOSE » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:58 pm

I decided next year I am not gong to waiste my time on making a list as no one got anything from it. :0) Except my mom. Hubby and I got a Wii for ourselves as our present to eachother. Got a couple Gander Mountain gift cards where I proceeded to get a tri-tronics beeper to add to our G3 collar and a nice pheasant shirt.

Other than that not much for me.

Hubby got a nice floating gun case, nice camo baseball cap, and a foating "duffle bag" that holds amo and calls and such for when we get out duck hunting and such. He got all the stuff from his list. Go figure!
Beth
UWP GRCH UMJCH BNJ Shooter's Rising Phoenix CGC-GSP
USUV UMJCH Flying High Rajah TDI- APBT
UJJ CH Legacyk FlwCrk The Old Peublo RD- GSP
UWP UCD UMJ URO1 GRCH BNJ Rumor Has It CGC RN RD NA II- GSP

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:04 pm

While I know it won't compare to what most of you are shooting, I was given a WESTPOINT 20 gauge model 168. This will be my first shotgun. I had no clue, while opening the present, what was inside. Even my husband hadn't been let in on it. My father-in-law found out that I'd went to the range this fall and shot some clays with a 410. The 410 was a family hand-me-down, that my husband was handed a couple years ago. After the shooting range, my husband wanted to go get me a 20 gauge, but knew I'd have a fit over spending the money. Somewhere along the way, my husband mentioned the day at the range to his father, and that's where he got the idea to give me his gun. The 20 gauge has been my father-in-laws gun for some 20 years. It hasn't seen a lot of action, but still been part of his collection, and I am honored to be the new owner. I believe all the other relatives jaws dropped as I unveiled the gun, so I felt it necessary to explain that yes this was a great gift and I like to shoot. No one argued with me! Denise (tickled pink)

Killer Instinct

Post by Killer Instinct » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:08 pm

I received my very own Laptop from the Hubby. That's so I don't keep his tied up all the time while I'm surfin' the forums (that's one way to get what you want).... :D :D
.·´¯`·... ><((((º> Tammy ·.¸. ><((((º> .·´¯`·.

Image Image Image Image

Plum Thickets Emma
Northern Lights Abby

h.q.s

Post by h.q.s » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:05 pm

Solid black German Shorthair female and a Pheasant hunt.
The grandfather of my pup is Chance Vom Riverwoods out of Keljer kennels. Supposed to be a nice pup!

nj gsp

Post by nj gsp » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:32 pm

I've been asking for the same thing since I was about 24 (i.e. past the age of selfish materialism) and I haven't gotten it yet. The problem is, everyone on earth will have to want the same thing, and I'm sad to say I think we're a long way off from getting world peace for Christmas. I did get to spend Christmas eve with part of my family, Christmas day with the other part, and lengthy phone calls with the rest.

Christmas is a time for family, and that is the best part about it!

This year I again am enjoying gifts of materialistic pleasures such as a few good books, subscription to PDJ, fleece scarf, Jaeger lead, a few gift certificates, etc.

I got my wife a new coat, and a waffle iron (she told me months ago she wished we had one).

And the one thing I got which is didn't want - a cold! :cry:

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Post by mountaindogs » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:22 pm

A collapsable dog crate for traveling and staying in the hotels and a cordless dremel (for dog nails of course!)

The whole family also got a wii. Very fun!

fase3

Post by fase3 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:52 pm

A SKB 385 28ga SxS w/26" bbls that is NIB. Woodcock better look out now!

Two Bears

Post by Two Bears » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:42 pm

h.q.s wrote:Solid black German Shorthair female and a Pheasant hunt.
The grandfather of my pup is Chance Vom Riverwoods out of Keljer kennels. Supposed to be a nice pup!

Thats funny ! We just got a solid liver pup from Riverbottom kennel that has the same grandfather "Chance" from Keljer. It seems that they are very well bred and if breeding has anything to do with it they should be some nice pups.
HAVING A LIBERAL ALONG IS LIKE LOSING TWO GOOD MEN

h.q.s

Post by h.q.s » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:34 am

Chance sure looks like a stud. The great grandmother is Keljer's "Nora" female. She looks pretty fancy.

Diverswelcome

Post by Diverswelcome » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:09 pm

I got a Retriever-R-Trainer for the dog, a 2 gun cleaning kits, a Stormy Kromer hat, 6 pair of Smart Wool socks and a lithograph done by my aunt of some ducks

postoakshorthairs

Post by postoakshorthairs » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:41 am

I asked for an auto launcher and got the next best thing...a gift card that I ordered an auto launcher with christmas night!! :D I'm a little envious of the solid black pup though I must say.