Long time, no post...

utahmomof4

Long time, no post...

Post by utahmomof4 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:15 pm

Hi everyone. I figured it's probably high time I say hi and update on my pup, Catherine (a.k.a. "Cat the Dog"). She's 9 months now and is so much fun! She's very energetic and a great runner. She's very interested in birds. We have been doing some training including bird introduction, heel, whoa, retrieving, and a lot of "happy timing." She's such a smart little thing! I just acquired some homing pigeons and I'm in the process of building a trap to get some ferals for shooters, so we'll soon be starting with steadiness. She loves to go over to the coop and even points it. :lol: I've been working with some local trainers who have been very helpful as well. I'm planning on running Cat in puppy and derby stakes this fall with the local Brittany club and I'm looking forward to that.

Here's a picture that was taken last month.

LORI
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=966

"It is not a mark of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -- Krishnamurti

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Re: Long time, no post...

Post by PntrRookie » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:30 pm

Lori, nice looking Brit! Keep us posted on your escapades! :) Welcome back.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:37 pm

She sure has grown up to be a pretty Girl
hope you have Lots of fun with her sounds like you already are
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Kiki's Mom

Post by Kiki's Mom » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:36 pm

Hi Lori! Glad to hear that yu having such a good time with your girl and that you have established a network of like minded folks to play with :wink: Can't wait to hear how things go this Fall for you and Cat!

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:43 pm

Welcome back! Boy she has turned into one nice looking dog!

utahmomof4

Post by utahmomof4 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:19 am

Thanks everyone. I'm certainly pleased as punch with her. :)
LORI

"It is not a mark of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -- Krishnamurti

Elkhunter

Post by Elkhunter » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:24 am

Lori, she looks good. You gonna get her out for some grouse here soon? Keep us posted on how she is doing.

utahmomof4

Post by utahmomof4 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:25 am

I'd love to. I'm hoping to take her along on a pheasant trip I have planned with some friends in October. We'll be hunting with other, more seasoned dogs, but I'm hoping they'll let Catherine tag along.
LORI