Fly Fishing / College Reunion

Garrison

Fly Fishing / College Reunion

Post by Garrison » Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:14 pm

I was really fortunate to have a wonderful college experience at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. It was a great school and a paradise for outdoor activities. I made life-long friends who I still spend time with on a regular basis, and one that I still would if, he was with us. We have a large group of friends who take turns planning a trip on an annual basis. The different interests of whomever is in charge of planning each year, has taken us all over the map. One small faction who are avid fisherman have splintered off, and we have done a fly fishing trip together for more years than I would like to admit.

This year we rented a really nice cabin on the Kern River. One of the guys in the group owns a fly fishing shop, and lined up a guide for our first day on the river which was great. We had some extra space at the house so I invited my brother to come along. Great weather, good fishing, great meals and a ton of laughs. Looking forward to the next one already.

Garrison
IMG_3822.jpeg
IMG_3831.jpeg
71703466918__F48B82FE-2CF5-4E5E-81D7-6BF85A91DF76.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Garrison on Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
- Mark Twain-

Garrison

Re: College Reunion/Fly Fishing

Post by Garrison » Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:14 pm

123_1.jpeg
123_1.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
- Mark Twain-

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: Fly Fishing / College Reunion

Post by Sharon » Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:05 pm

All right, which one are you? :)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:07 pm

Sharon wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:05 pm
All right, which one are you? :)
First two pictures, third is my brother. We have been mixed up on more than a couple occasions!
- Mark Twain-

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:23 pm

Got it; the good looking one. :)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

mask

Post by mask » Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:28 pm

Hey I went to cal poly. At that time we had one of the best rodeo teams in the nation. i played football there too. Once again great pics and thanks for posting.

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:41 pm

mask wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:28 pm
Hey I went to cal poly. At that time we had one of the best rodeo teams in the nation. i played football there too. Once again great pics and thanks for posting.
Go Mustangs! I knew I liked this guy. The guy on the left with the grey beard and green hat played on the football team.

Garrison
- Mark Twain-

gonehuntin'
GDF Junkie

Post by gonehuntin' » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:44 am

You are a very fortunate to have a group like that, that still meets. Treasure them. They fade quickly as everyone ages. Shoot, I was hoping you were the one with the big beard doing the selfie!
LIFE WITHOUT BIRD DOGS AND FLY RODS REALLY ISN'T LIFE AT ALL.