veterans day

mask

veterans day

Post by mask » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:41 am

If you know a vet please let them know you care. Let their family know you care. Don't forget what this day stands for. Their service is what keeps our country free.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: veterans day

Post by Sharon » Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:30 pm

Well said.
My father served overseas (Canadian) from Dec.1939 to Spring1945. He came home a shadow of himself ; no one knew about PTSD then. He is no longer with us , but every year I remember his sacrifice. He used to post a sign on his lawn on Nov.11.. It said, "Lest YOU forget; I won't forget. "

edited for year error
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

mask

Post by mask » Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:18 pm

We in the US owe a huge debt to the Canadian armed forces. Go to any small town in SK and look at their war memorials and you will see why. I'm sure it is that way all over Canada. So this Vet thanks them very much.

RatDog

Post by RatDog » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:11 pm

At my folks house last week I saw a picture of me from the night I got home from Iraq after my first deployment. I was part of a scout sniper team 1st Bn 6th Marines in Fallujah. Kind of shocking what a skinny kid I was at the time. I don’t think about those days a whole lot now but I got some texts from old friends wishing me a happy Marine Corps birthday yesterday. When I went to the cafe for biscuits and gravy this morning I’d totally forgotten about veteran’s day until the gal who owns the place looked at my USMC sweatshirt and told me it was on the house. It was a very nice gesture, I tried to tip about what it would’ve cost.

I’ve known too many vets who haven’t done so well after they got home. I really struggled with the transition to civilian life myself. Like Mask said, reach out, let them know you care and are grateful. It means more than you might imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RatDog

Post by RatDog » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:23 pm

That’s me with the radio

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:51 am

Thank you for your service . You're the good looking one eh? :)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

RatDog

Post by RatDog » Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:04 am

Sharon wrote:Thank you for your service . You're the good looking one eh? :)
Haha most definitely!