Post by Mountaineer » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:17 pm

You drilled another duster, O. :D

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:18 pm

Ouzel wrote:
ezzy333 wrote:
Sure hope that clears up your problem of thinking someone is insinuating when they are being very straight forward. However, I do admit the difference in modern procedures compared to back when this all took place is probably unknown to many people today.
Actually, Ezzzy, to openly say that a lawyer was disbarred is a very serious accusation. It's the same as falsely stating that someone's medical license was revoked do to egregious clinical or felonious behavior. You could be forgiven had it been an honest mistake but you would have to be a bit more contrite in your response had that been the case. A proper honorable response would have been something like, "I am very sorry for making that error. I regret it and I stand corrected." Instead, you merely said you "overstated". There's is a difference and I think you know it well.

Mountaineer wrote: Depending upon the very individual particulars of America's wide range of National Forests, from specie to slope and on...the forests should be logged(in individual manners and perscriptions) as a way(in some cases)to bring diversity in timber age class which, of course, brings health to the forest and it's critters as a whole. It is a shame that appears to be an unknown reality to you and that generalizations come so easy to your keyboard.
More folks should really read Aldo Leopold....with a tighter eye.

Mountaineer, my view is that decisions regarding forestry practices should be left with the professionals in the Forrest Service and not politicians. To have the Republican platform declare a desire to do one or the other is truly inappropriate. As far as the swipe about Aldo Leopold goes, he was a frequent visitor in my home growing up and I am very versed in his writings.
(The online registration record no longer refers to Michelle Obama as being on “court ordered inactive status.” Grogan said that changes were made to the online registration system because other inactive lawyers had complained that they were also being suspected of wrongdoing.)

And the Obamas could return to practicing law if they decide to, Grogan said. President Obama would have to submit a written or online notification stating that he intended to return to active status. And he would have to pay the registration fee for each year that he was retired.

The process for Michelle Obama would be different, Grogan said, because she changed her status under old Supreme Court Rule 770. She would have to once again file a motion with the Illinois Supreme Court requesting to be transferred back to active status.
I think this somewhat confirms what I tried to explain to you.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Timewise65

Post by Timewise65 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:53 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
Ouzel wrote:
ezzy333 wrote:
Sure hope that clears up your problem of thinking someone is insinuating when they are being very straight forward. However, I do admit the difference in modern procedures compared to back when this all took place is probably unknown to many people today.
Actually, Ezzzy, to openly say that a lawyer was disbarred is a very serious accusation. It's the same as falsely stating that someone's medical license was revoked do to egregious clinical or felonious behavior. You could be forgiven had it been an honest mistake but you would have to be a bit more contrite in your response had that been the case. A proper honorable response would have been something like, "I am very sorry for making that error. I regret it and I stand corrected." Instead, you merely said you "overstated". There's is a difference and I think you know it well.

Mountaineer wrote: Depending upon the very individual particulars of America's wide range of National Forests, from specie to slope and on...the forests should be logged(in individual manners and perscriptions) as a way(in some cases)to bring diversity in timber age class which, of course, brings health to the forest and it's critters as a whole. It is a shame that appears to be an unknown reality to you and that generalizations come so easy to your keyboard.

Mountaineer, my view is that decisions regarding forestry practices should be left with the professionals in the Forrest Service and not politicians. To have the Republican platform declare a desire to do one or the other is truly inappropriate. As far as the swipe about Aldo Leopold goes, he was a frequent visitor in my home growing up and I am very versed in his writings.
(The online registration record no longer refers to Michelle Obama as being on “court ordered inactive status.” Grogan said that changes were made to the online registration system because other inactive lawyers had complained that they were also being suspected of wrongdoing.)

And the Obamas could return to practicing law if they decide to, Grogan said. President Obama would have to submit a written or online notification stating that he intended to return to active status. And he would have to pay the registration fee for each year that he was retired.

The process for Michelle Obama would be different, Grogan said, because she changed her status under old Supreme Court Rule 770. She would have to once again file a motion with the Illinois Supreme Court requesting to be transferred back to active status.
SEEMS LIKE EVERYONE IS IGNORING THE 'ELEPHANT' IN THE ROOM....WHO CARES ABOUT MICHELLE.....IT WAS HILLARY THAT WAS DISBARED BY THE ARKANSAS BAR ASSOCIATION! NOT TO MENTION GETTING FIRED BY THE DEMOCRATIC TEAM INVESTIGATING PRESIDENT NIXON ON WATERGATE. AS I RECALL SHE WAS FIRED FOR BREACH OF ETHICAL PRACTICES.....! AND SOME OF YOU WANT HER AS PRESIDENT!!?? WHEN WILL DEMOCRATS PUT THIER COUNTRY AHEAD OF POLITICAL PARTY?

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:06 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
Ouzel wrote:
ezzy333 wrote:

Sorry that I cannot be as articulate as mountaineer, but much of what he says is what I am trying to say, just not as well, not just in this posts but also in previous posts.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:31 pm

http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/zeifman.asp

Timewise... This is from Snopes... The source that shags said is our friend.
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:35 pm

Also, I'm still kind of bummed no one recognized my reference to the Statue of Liberty on the fourth page of this thread. I really thought with the love and appreciation for our country that someone would notice.
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”

Tooling

Post by Tooling » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:16 pm

How in the world has this thread transcended six pages ~ this is a bird dog forum!

It's pretty simple, if you want more of the same vote Hillary - If you want to mix things up vote Trump.

America as it stands today is basically screwed folks..vote to continue the path of a lost American identity..or not - pretty simple.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:36 pm

Tooling wrote:How in the world has this thread transcended six pages ~ this is a bird dog forum!

It's pretty simple, if you want more of the same vote Hillary - If you want to mix things up vote Trump.

America as it stands today is basically screwed folks..vote to continue the path of a lost American identity..or not - pretty simple.
That's because not everyone agrees, hence the discussion.

But if more of the same means unemployment rates continue to fall (they're actually below the historical median), exports continue to increase along with wages, new jobs continue to rise, corporate profits continue to rise, and the homicide rates continue to fall, then yeah. Doesn't sound so bad when you put it that way. Oh and gun sales have increased.

Tooling

Post by Tooling » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:40 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:
Tooling wrote:How in the world has this thread transcended six pages ~ this is a bird dog forum!

But if more of the same means unemployment rates continue to fall (they're actually below the historical median), exports continue to increase along with wages, new jobs continue to rise, corporate profits continue to rise, and the homicide rates continue to fall, then yeah. Doesn't sound so bad when you put it that way. Oh and gun sales have increased.
No disrespect (seriously), but you are a fool..and blind.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:07 pm

Tooling wrote:
mnaj_springer wrote:

No disrespect (seriously), but you are a fool..and blind.
So you dispute facts with insults? Ok. But what exactly makes me a fool? Sell me on it. And then do the same as to how I'm blind... But keep in mind, I used facts.

Tooling

Post by Tooling » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:23 pm

1. Your facts are laughable and do not represent the real world in America today..I apologize if my vocabulary does not strain through a filter.

2. My sincere apologies if you have taken my comment as insult..I used words found in any generic dictionary in order to emphasize my thoughts on the subject in order to highlight my dissent with your view of the status in America. (This is not tongue in cheek nor is it intended to be sarcasm laced w/hubrice..it is the simple use of the English language)

3. Note that I AM an employer..also note that I AM engaged w/the Federal Government on a daily basis..status quo..as of todays date..we're screwed folks!

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:38 pm

Tooling wrote:1. Your facts are laughable and do not represent the real world in America today..I apologize if my vocabulary does not strain through a filter.

2. My sincere apologies if you have taken my comment as insult..I used words found in any generic dictionary in order to emphasize my thoughts on the subject in order to highlight my dissent with your view of the status in America. (This is not tongue in cheek nor is it intended to be sarcasm laced w/hubrice..it is the simple use of the English language)

3. Note that I AM an employer..also note that I AM engaged w/the Federal Government on a daily basis..status quo..as of todays date..we're screwed folks!
1. So empirical evidence doesn't represent the real world? How so? Do you have some empirical evidence to object?

2. Calling someone a fool and blind (especially when I'm not blind) is not an insult? Is it kind of like saying "no offense" before saying something offensive?

3. You mention the status quo but you didn't explain your prospective on what exactly that is. Does your truth mean that it is the Truth? Did your genetic dictionary say that "we're screwed" is synonymous with economic progress as demonstrated by the "laughable" evidence (based on measurable statistics) I presented?

Tooling

Post by Tooling » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:57 pm

Bottom line is this, I don't know you - you don't know me.

I could go on and on defending my position with empirical evidence far removed from my own situation and I could quantify things by stating facts about things you simply do not want to know (or want to believe)..it's what it is.

I call BS on your position..you call BS on mine..I'm cool w/that..should the occurrence come to pass, I'd be thrilled to spend a day in the field w/you and your pup(s) as I am certain I would learn a thing or ten..just make sure to vote this November regardless of who you support - perhaps more importantly..keep that dog well hydrated b/c it's hot out!!

Shorthairs Rule :D

Max2

Post by Max2 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:32 am

[quote="Tooling"]How in the world has this thread transcended six pages ~ this is a bird dog forum!

Easy :D It touch's on a raw nerve. People are frustrated. I have the answer ~ A vote for Hillary is going to be more of the same. So if your happy with the way everything is going Vote Hill . If thing's aren't the way you like ~ vote Trump
Very simple :D
Most important everyone . Get out to vote !!
In closing ~ I will be voting Trump !! I do realize only half the population agree's with me.....

Timewise65

Post by Timewise65 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:38 am

[quote="mnaj_springer"][quote="Tooling"]1. Your facts are laughable and do not represent the real world in America today..I apologize if my vocabulary does not strain through a filter.

mnaj_springer...............This again verifies to us that you get all of your information from only the Liberal Media! Most clear thinking citizens take the time to verify facts when the economy is as poor as it has been since Obama took office, not to mention they fact that Obamacare is currently 'imploding' as most knew it would!

Guess you missed Mr. Trumps speech last night....to bad, he gave the truth about out current economy! If you really want the facts....you can find the substance of his speech with limited effort on the Internet. Although, I know you would never vote for him, since he likely will be your next President, you might at least glance over his speech, you actually might find out what is really going on in America................

Good Luck, you are riding a sick horse!

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:37 am

Timewise65 wrote:
mnaj_springer wrote:
Tooling wrote:1. Your facts are laughable and do not represent the real world in America today..I apologize if my vocabulary does not strain through a filter.

mnaj_springer...............This again verifies to us that you get all of your information from only the Liberal Media! Most clear thinking citizens take the time to verify facts when the economy is as poor as it has been since Obama took office, not to mention they fact that Obamacare is currently 'imploding' as most knew it would!

Guess you missed Mr. Trumps speech last night....to bad, he gave the truth about out current economy! If you really want the facts....you can find the substance of his speech with limited effort on the Internet. Although, I know you would never vote for him, since he likely will be your next President, you might at least glance over his speech, you actually might find out what is really going on in America................

I watched the entire speech. Mostly shouting, hand waving, misleading, fear tactics. He started by saying he would not lie to us. Then proceeded to mislead us on the economy , the trade deficit, immigration, crime and almost every thing else he spoke about. Do you have any estimates on the cost of the border wall?
Misleading may not be lying but it is sure not telling the truth.
Obama inherited the housing collapse and economy from the right.
We now are at less than 5% unemployment, the housing market is very good. Every house we build is sold before it is done. Every where I go I see "we are hiring signs". Every body cannot start at $60,000 grand a year. The auto industry lost more jobs to robots than outsourcing.
The number of murders in most cities has dropped since the early nineties except for 2014 and 15.
I guess the politics of fear and shouting might work when everybody is on your side but in the real world you cannot bully every body.
I admire Ted Cruz for standing up to the bullies..........................Cj

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:50 am

Ted Cruz needs a safe space.

MNTonester

Post by MNTonester » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:59 am

But if more of the same means unemployment rates continue to fall (they're actually below the historical median)
The Big Lie
by Jim Clifton

Here's something that many Americans -- including some of the smartest and most educated among us -- don't know: The official unemployment rate, as reported by the U.S. Department of Labor, is extremely misleading.

Right now, we're hearing much celebrating from the media, the White House and Wall Street about how unemployment is "down" to 5.6%. The cheerleading for this number is deafening. The media loves a comeback story, the White House wants to score political points and Wall Street would like you to stay in the market.

None of them will tell you this: If you, a family member or anyone is unemployed and has subsequently given up on finding a job -- if you are so hopelessly out of work that you've stopped looking over the past four weeks -- the Department of Labor doesn't count you as unemployed. That's right. While you are as unemployed as one can possibly be, and tragically may never find work again, you are not counted in the figure we see relentlessly in the news -- currently 5.6%. Right now, as many as 30 million Americans are either out of work or severely underemployed. Trust me, the vast majority of them aren't throwing parties to toast "falling" unemployment.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:05 pm

Timewise65 wrote:
mnaj_springer wrote:

Actually I got my information from a fact checking website, Factcheck.org. It also commented on things Obama didn't do well. And yes I missed Trumps speech. 1) I don't have television, and 2) I was too busy cleaning up damaged caused by the local storms. But I doubt I missed many facts. But I did as you asked and polished up on my Donald knowledge! I'll include what I read so you can see for yourself that I do take advice!

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/07/factch ... ig-speech/

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:09 pm

shags wrote:Ted Cruz needs a safe space.
To save him from who? From the way the RNC went you are probably right......................cj
Last edited by cjhills on Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:10 pm

MNTonester wrote:
But if more of the same means unemployment rates continue to fall (they're actually below the historical median)
The Big Lie
by Jim Clifton

Here's something that many Americans -- including some of the smartest and most educated among us -- don't know: The official unemployment rate, as reported by the U.S. Department of Labor, is extremely misleading.

Right now, we're hearing much celebrating from the media, the White House and Wall Street about how unemployment is "down" to 5.6%. The cheerleading for this number is deafening. The media loves a comeback story, the White House wants to score political points and Wall Street would like you to stay in the market.

None of them will tell you this: If you, a family member or anyone is unemployed and has subsequently given up on finding a job -- if you are so hopelessly out of work that you've stopped looking over the past four weeks -- the Department of Labor doesn't count you as unemployed. That's right. While you are as unemployed as one can possibly be, and tragically may never find work again, you are not counted in the figure we see relentlessly in the news -- currently 5.6%. Right now, as many as 30 million Americans are either out of work or severely underemployed. Trust me, the vast majority of them aren't throwing parties to toast "falling" unemployment.
I thought conservatives didn't care about the "freeloaders" who don't pay taxes? Now they suddenly do?

There's a separate category for long-term unemployment. That number is down as well (although not nearly as much as short-term unemployment). You can check on the aforementioned fact checking site!

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:11 pm

More mass killings in Germany today.
Although the suspect(s) and motive(s) are unknown at this time, officials say MO similar to ISIS.
I hope we don't have to #thankshillary.

DougB

Post by DougB » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:18 pm

Fact checking the Donald
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... story.html
The dark portrait of America that Donald Trump sketched in his acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention is a compendium of doomsday stats that fall apart upon close scrutiny. Numbers are taken out of context, data is manipulated, and sometimes the facts are wrong.
"Forty-three million Americans are on food stamps."

Trump's point is that America's economy has suffered under the Obama administration. But he fails to mention that this is the lowest number of people receiving food stamps since the program reached its peak in 2013, a sign that the economy is finally improving enough to help the desperately poor families who depend on it.
"America has lost nearly one-third of its manufacturing jobs since 1997, following the enactment of disastrous trade deals supported by Bill and Hillary Clinton."

Trump picks a high point for manufacturing jobs, in Clinton's second term. He also ignores the fact that the economy has added nearly 1 million manufacturing jobs since 2010, the low point after the Great Recession.
How does he intend to do any thing. Congress makes the laws and controls the money. They are elected-he can not fire them. Same problem Hillery will have. The majority of the US wants a different set of candidates to chose between. The monied (1%) want one of these two.
Why own a dog? There's a danger you know,

You can't own just one, for the craving will grow.

There's no doubt they're addictive, wherein lies the danger.

While living with lots, you'll grow poorer and stranger.

Timewise65

Post by Timewise65 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:07 pm

I watched the entire speech. Mostly shouting, hand waving, misleading, fear tactics. He started by saying he would not lie to us. Then proceeded to mislead us on the economy , the trade deficit, immigration, crime and almost every thing else he spoke about. Do you have any estimates on the cost of the border wall?
We now are at less than 5% unemployment, the housing market is very good. Every house we build is sold before it is done. Every where I go I see "we are hiring signs". Every body cannot start at $60,000 grand a year. The auto industry lost more jobs to robots than outsourcing.
The number of murders in most cities has dropped since the early nineties except for 2014 and 15.
I guess the politics of fear and shouting might work when everybody is on your side but in the real world you cannot bully every body.

Another one that has drank from the liberal progressive well! Here no evil, see no evil, speak no evil.....'the three monkey's!

If you would spend less time disagreeing with what others say and more time checking out what they say, you will find that Obama and the Liberal Media have been feeding you a big Economic lie...I do not know this just from reading and listening, but also by talking to people I work with and the fact that I spent 6 years in undergraduate and graduate school getting educated in Economics! One of the first thing Obama did was change how such things as unemployment, and other key economic indicators are calculated and reported by the government! Or did you miss that?

By what you say it appears to me that you are or have been either associated with a Union, maybe even in Education or a Federal, State, or City/County employee... or you are just poorly educated in economics and rely on CNN and NPR to tell you what to think!

In the end you will see and experience the truth, and you will then learn to hate what you have believed for so long....If Hillary wins, you will feel that pain fairly quickly! Hope you don't have to learn the hard way....soon!

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:09 pm

I believe he pretty much nailed it. And that is why he may have a chance to win. People aren't happy with the way things are going and already believed what he is saying was true. Everyone has their perception of the truth. You can find numbers somewhere to support what one chooses to believe.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:51 pm

Timewise65 wrote:I watched the entire speech. Mostly shouting, hand waving, misleading, fear tactics. He started by saying he would not lie to us. Then proceeded to mislead us on the economy , the trade deficit, immigration, crime and almost every thing else he spoke about. Do you have any estimates on the cost of the border wall?

Another one that has drank from the liberal progressive well! Here no evil, see no evil, speak no evil.....'the three monkey's!

If you would spend less time disagreeing with what others say and more time checking out what they say, you will find that Obama and the Liberal Media have been feeding you a big Economic lie...I do not know this just from reading and listening, but also by talking to people I work with and the fact that I spent 6 years in undergraduate and graduate school getting educated in Economics! One of the first thing Obama did was change how such things as unemployment, and other key economic indicators are calculated and reported by the government! Or did you miss that?

By what you say it appears to me that you are or have been either associated with a Union, maybe even in Education or a Federal, State, or City/County employee... or you are just poorly educated in economics and rely on CNN and NPR to tell you what to think!

In the end you will see and experience the truth, and you will then learn to hate what you have believed for so long....If Hillary wins, you will feel that pain fairly quickly! Hope you don't have to learn the hard way....soon!
Did you get time to explore the recent links I posted for you? I can repost them for your convenience if you'd like!

DougB

Post by DougB » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:09 pm

Old saying about Economists. If you line up all the economists in the world end to end, you still won't get two to agree.

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:13 pm

Timewise65 wrote:I watched the entire speech. Mostly shouting, hand waving, misleading, fear tactics. He started by saying he would not lie to us. Then proceeded to mislead us on the economy , the trade deficit, immigration, crime and almost every thing else he spoke about. Do you have any estimates on the cost of the border wall?

The conspiracy theory again. You are right I did not spend six years having some right wing professors teach
me their economic theories which are no more than a guess. You really did not get educated you got brain washed.
You guessed really wrong about me and it is none of your business.
I have spent a lot of years in the real world. I live in it every day and I see what is happening. I have seen a lot of presidents come and go. Some good and some bad. One side or the other predicted gloom and doom for everyone of them.
I lived through Richard Nixon and Spiro Agnew. both compliments of the GOP
There are more jobs than there are suitable employees right now. All you need to do is look in the help wanted ads. It is hard for someone who spends his time playing computer games on his phone to hold down a job and we can only pay what you job is worth to us. Not what you think you are worth.
We can not hire roofers right now. Our electricians cannot get anybody to do the simple tasks like pulling wire. We pay high school juniors $20 an hour and have few takers. I do not know a building contractor who is not over booked.
I am not one of the haters and I am going to be quite content in my own life no matter what. But, you will learn that you have been misled by a con man whose only way is to bully people. The shouting, wild eyed, Orange haired Trump may be what party needs.........................Cj

Max2

Post by Max2 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:41 am

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:41 am

shags wrote:More mass killings in Germany today.
Although the suspect(s) and motive(s) are unknown at this time, officials say MO similar to ISIS.
I hope we don't have to #thankshillary.
This post is just beyond belief. You must be smoking what the convention goers were smoking...........Cj

Timewise65

Post by Timewise65 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:11 am

The conspiracy theory again. You are right I did not spend six years having some right wing professors teach
me their economic theories which are no more than a guess. You really did not get educated you got brain washed.
You guessed really wrong about me and it is none of your business.
I have spent a lot of years in the real world. I live in it every day and I see what is happening. I have seen a lot of presidents come and go. Some good and some bad. One side or the other predicted gloom and doom for everyone of them.
I lived through Richard Nixon and Spiro Agnew. both compliments of the GOP
There are more jobs than there are suitable employees right now. All you need to do is look in the help wanted ads. It is hard for someone who spends his time playing computer games on his phone to hold down a job and we can only pay what you job is worth to us. Not what you think you are worth.
We can not hire roofers right now. Our electricians cannot get anybody to do the simple tasks like pulling wire. We pay high school juniors $20 an hour and have few takers. I do not know a building contractor who is not over booked.
I am not one of the haters and I am going to be quite content in my own life no matter what. But, you will learn that you have been misled by a con man whose only way is to bully people. The shouting, wild eyed, Orange haired Trump may be what party needs.........................Cj[/quote]

As always you provide no logic or substance....'you can take a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink!'

There are many who find a good alibi far more attractive than an achievement. For an achievement does not settle anything permanently. We still have to prove our worth anew each day: we have to prove that we are as good today as we were yesterday. But when we have a valid alibi for not achieving anything we are fixed, so to speak, for life.
--Eric Hoffer

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:49 am

Timewise, you still haven't commented on the "water" I provided for you in the links! Was it a bitter taste?

Timewise65

Post by Timewise65 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:59 am

mnaj_springer wrote:Timewise, you still haven't commented on the "water" I provided for you in the links! Was it a bitter taste?
Silly you, I find most of what you write, boring, without logic or substance.....!

Have a nice life!

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:04 am

Timewise65 wrote:
mnaj_springer wrote:Timewise, you still haven't commented on the "water" I provided for you in the links! Was it a bitter taste?
Silly you, I find most of what you write, boring, without logic or substance.....!

Have a nice life!
Oh, I didn't write those articles. Fact checkers did.

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:17 am

Timewise65 wrote:....There are many who find a good alibi far more attractive than an achievement. For an achievement does not settle anything permanently. We still have to prove our worth anew each day: we have to prove that we are as good today as we were yesterday. But when we have a valid alibi for not achieving anything we are fixed, so to speak, for life. --Eric Hoffer
Nice to see Hoffer quoted.
My great-aunt was a friend of his and altho he was an imperfect man, as are we all, many of his thoughts remain valid today.

Whether or not anyone is satisfied with the last 7 years and a likely trend toward the same post election, depends a bit upon where one lives and whether or not they hold the bad end of the stick, a stick that is often ignored or has Obama crosshairs upon it.
For some, that election result of 7 years ago was positive enough in itself, independent of the incoming agenda, and, by garsh, they are sticking to the shining image, regardless.
Additionally, rationalizing away the uncomfortable to admit by not daring to look to a wider view than one's own experience circle.....leads to more "sticking."
However, for others being faced with supporting more and more of the weight and with precious little tradeoff other than paperwork....they are becoming more than tired of the image alone which is so-loved by the "stickers".....loved even when the tarnish builds.

The politicos love as well and for them it is an easy road.....and the votes they can count on lining it's ditches...so, they are pleased that the "stickers" are so easy and hope that a tad of fear-mongering and mis-direction on hair combs will act on their portion of the electorate....much as does a shiny ball of foil tossed to a kitten.

DougB

Post by DougB » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:45 am

W. Bush was quoted as saying he may be the last GOP president.

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:52 am

mnaj_springer wrote:
Timewise65 wrote:

Have a nice life!
Oh, I didn't write those articles. Fact checkers did.
Timewise65:
Actually we probably should ignore your "Elephant". Hillary Clinton was Not disbarred as you shouted. Her license lapsed because she did not do the continuing education.
But, we do not want to foul up your ideas with facts.................Cj

Timewise65

Post by Timewise65 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:33 pm

cjhills..............you make this so easy!

So you defend Hillary.....here is a more comprehensive list of things you can try and defend! You like facts here you go, again! Last time you shut up...look any of these up on the internet they are easily verified as facts!

She is dishonest and is not qualified to be janitor let alone President! Funny how all the leaders of the Dem's failed to renew their law licences.....you don't suppose they got a call saying 'drop out or get kicked out'....we already know the 'system' is rigged....

Hillary’s Lies (the short list)

1. Sniper Fire during the campaign in 2008 she claimed that she came under sniper fire at the airport in Bosnia during the 90’s. Never happened!
2. Immigrant Grandparents – She claimed “all of her Grandparents came over” as immigrants, in fact only one did!
3. Sir Edmond Hillary – She claimed to be named after Sir Edmond Hillary who gained notoriety by being the first to climb Mt. Everest. Too bad, she was 6 years old, when SHE made his climb, no one knew of him prior to his climb.
4. Marines – She claimed to have been turned down by the Marines in 1975, in fact never happened!
5. Secret Emails – She claimed her email set up was perfectly legal even though the documents she signed when she became Secretary of State, clearly outlines this was illegal. This fact was also discussed during her initial job orientation.
6. Benghazi – she told the media and the parents that the cause for the Benghazi attacks was a video on the internet. Which she knew not to be true!
7. Secretary Clinton emphasized the famous Situation Room Bin Laden photo captured her reacting to the helicopter crash. In actuality, Secretary Clinton said “early spring allergic coughs”, not the helicopter crash, are responsible for her reaction in the photo.
8. In response to questions about her tenure at State, Hillary Clinton claimed that there was “a long list” of her accomplishments. Given multiple chances, Secretary Clinton has been unable to name a “marquee” or “proudest” achievement from her four years as Secretary of State.
Another well documented FACT!
Hillary Clinton was fired after working on the Watergate investigation “Because she was a liar…She was an unethical, dishonest lawyer. She conspired to violate the Constitution, the rules of the House, the rules of the committee and the rules of confidentiality.”
Submitted by IWB, on March 16th, 2015
Excerpted from EO-History: The now-retired general counsel and chief of staff of the House Judiciary Committee, who supervised Hillary when she worked on the Watergate investigation, says Hillary’s history of lies and unethical behavior goes back farther – and goes much deeper – than anyone realizes.
Jerry Zeifman, a lifelong Democrat, supervised the work of 27-year-old Hillary Rodham on the committee. Hillary got a job working on the investigation at the behest of her former law professor, Burke Marshall, who was also Sen. Ted Kennedy’s chief counsel in the Chappaquiddick affair. When the investigation was over, Zeifman fired Hillary from the committee staff and refused to give her a letter of recommendation – one of only three people who earned that dubious distinction in Zeifman’s 17-year career.

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:34 pm

Mountaineer wrote:
Timewise65 wrote:....There are many who find a good alibi far more attractive than an achievement. For an achievement does not settle anything permanently. We still have to prove our worth anew each day: we have to prove that we are as good today as we were yesterday. But when we have a valid alibi for not achieving anything we are fixed, so to speak, for life. --Eric Hoffer
Nice to see Hoffer quoted.
My great-aunt was a friend of his and altho he was an imperfect man, as are we all, many of his thoughts remain valid today.

Whether or not anyone is satisfied with the last 7 years and a likely trend toward the same post election, depends a bit upon where one lives and whether or not they hold the bad end of the stick, a stick that is often ignored or has Obama crosshairs upon it.
For some, that election result of 7 years ago was positive enough in itself, independent of the incoming agenda, and, by garsh, they are sticking to the shining image, regardless.
Additionally, rationalizing away the uncomfortable to admit by not daring to look to a wider view than one's own experience circle.....leads to more "sticking."
However, for others being faced with supporting more and more of the weight and with precious little tradeoff other than paperwork....they are becoming more than tired of the image alone which is so-loved by the "stickers".....loved even when the tarnish builds.

The politicos love as well and for them it is an easy road.....and the votes they can count on lining it's ditches...so, they are pleased that the "stickers" are so easy and hope that a tad of fear-mongering and mis-direction on hair combs will act on their portion of the electorate....much as does a shiny ball of foil tossed to a kitten.
I think looking back seven years may be a little shortsighted. I see little if no accomplishments by either party in the last 40 years. If we want more on the same, we should keep clinging to the two party system. Be the sheep.

DougB

Post by DougB » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:18 pm

I don't defend Hillery from much of anything. I don't want her as a candidate. But pointing out how evil Hillery is does absolutely nothing to make the Donald look good. Hillary is evil. Fine. She is a politician. Trump is evil. He is a billionaire who dabbles in politics. He is uninformed about how government works, shows little understanding for the job description, makes promises a president can not keep, and shows a lack of trustworthiness when dealing with others. He will sound good, until the SCOTUS tells him its unconstitutional, or congress says, no, no money available for that. Then what?

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:44 pm

nikegundog wrote:I think looking back seven years may be a little shortsighted. I see little if no accomplishments by either party in the last 40 years. If we want more on the same, we should keep clinging to the two party system. Be the sheep.
40 = no, might be a stretch but the blame sits with the voters as much as the parties...complicity takes two.

The last seven years made the decline curve appear as that aforementioned horse's face....reaching farther back in time is often only a way to feel better about a vote cast or spin away from the uncomfortable.
For all of America's problems and issues, the saving grace in times of trouble and demands was her people.
The last seven years has effectively served to separate people...in that is weakness.
In weakness is found Obama's hope for Obama's change.

Mrs. Clinton(s), she of the flawed character, will do nothing to halt the slide......because of that, I will vote fixedly in hope for a healthier American people less concerned with ME.
WE need our saving grace back.
At this juncture...the trolley car chosen is less important than staying on a better track.

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:25 pm

Precisely my point about shortsightedness.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:33 pm

Timewise65 wrote: Another well documented FACT!
Hillary Clinton was fired after working on the Watergate investigation “Because she was a liar…She was an unethical, dishonest lawyer. She conspired to violate the Constitution, the rules of the House, the rules of the committee and the rules of confidentiality.”
Excerpted from EO-History: The now-retired general counsel and chief of staff of the House Judiciary Committee, who supervised Hillary when she worked on the Watergate investigation, says Hillary’s history of lies and unethical behavior goes back farther – and goes much deeper – than anyone realizes.
Jerry Zeifman, a lifelong Democrat, supervised the work of 27-year-old Hillary Rodham on the committee. Hillary got a job working on the investigation at the behest of her former law professor, Burke Marshall, who was also Sen. Ted Kennedy’s chief counsel in the Chappaquiddick affair. When the investigation was over, Zeifman fired Hillary from the committee staff and refused to give her a letter of recommendation – one of only three people who earned that dubious distinction in Zeifman’s 17-year career.
Actually if you had read the Snopes article I posted (remember Snopes was the source suggested by Shags) she was not fired, but rather she remained on the committee until it was dissolved due to Nixon's resignation. Also, Zeifman did not supervise Clinton, nor did he have any power to fire her. Zeifmans stories have been inconsistent over time. Those are just the highlights. Just go read the article. I'm sure a man with your education level can read.

So no, not a well documented fact, not a fact at all. The only fact is that Zeifman made those uncoaborated statements.

So please, take your own advice and become informed.

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:41 pm

Timewise65 wrote:cjhills..............you make this so easy!

So you defend Hillary.....here is a more comprehensive list of things you can try and defend! You like facts here you go, again! Last time you shut up...look any of these up on the internet they are easily verified as facts!

She is dishonest and is not qualified to be janitor let alone President! Funny how all the leaders of the Dem's failed to renew their law licences.....you don't suppose they got a call saying 'drop out or get kicked out'....we already know the 'system' is rigged....

Hillary’s Lies (the short list)

1. Sniper Fire during the campaign in 2008 she claimed that she came under sniper fire at the airport in Bosnia during the 90’s. Never happened!
2. Immigrant Grandparents – She claimed “all of her Grandparents came over” as immigrants, in fact only one did!
3. Sir Edmond Hillary – She claimed to be named after Sir Edmond Hillary who gained notoriety by being the first to climb Mt. Everest. Too bad, she was 6 years old, when SHE made his climb, no one knew of him prior to his climb.
4. Marines – She claimed to have been turned down by the Marines in 1975, in fact never happened!
5. Secret Emails – She claimed her email set up was perfectly legal even though the documents she signed when she became Secretary of State, clearly outlines this was illegal. This fact was also discussed during her initial job orientation.
6. Benghazi – she told the media and the parents that the cause for the Benghazi attacks was a video on the internet. Which she knew not to be true!
7. Secretary Clinton emphasized the famous Situation Room Bin Laden photo captured her reacting to the helicopter crash. In actuality, Secretary Clinton said “early spring allergic coughs”, not the helicopter crash, are responsible for her reaction in the photo.
8. In response to questions about her tenure at State, Hillary Clinton claimed that there was “a long list” of her accomplishments. Given multiple chances, Secretary Clinton has been unable to name a “marquee” or “proudest” achievement from her four years as Secretary of State.
Another well documented FACT!
Here Is a fact. You still lied when you said she was disbarred, same as Ezzy lied when he said Michelle Obama was disbarred. I guess if you can prove somebody else also lied that makes your lies better.
It absolutely amazes me how people who claim to be intelligent and educated can be sucked in by a speech based on fear and hate and lies, with not one constructive word. America is not on the brink of disaster and Donald Trump is not the savior. This is a dangerous man who is running on the politics of hate.
Who knows why Hillary might have got fired when she was 27 years old, could have been many reasons. I can think of many reasons why a young unmarried female may have been fired. Some of them not very nice. It was a different time back then. Who cares that was a long time ago. You do realize that the GOP has spent many, many millions of dollars investigating Hillary Clinton
and it has not worked for them. Of course it is all rigged....................Cj

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:04 pm

I see none of you read what I posted back a while about what the term disbarred was used then and how they have changed it from disbarment to inactive. Michelle, Hillary and Bill went through th old procedure where they were disbarred even if they resigned or gave up their license. It takes a court order to get the license back, thus the term disbarred. Now, will someone tell me why that seems to be a concern when we are talking about the future. And CJ, maybe you just might want to check your postings before you call anyone a liar that disagrees with you. And I am also curious how we have so many that know all about politics and how the government works while Trump who is in contact with the feds on several levels knows nothing about it. I am concerned but hopeful Trump can get some of his ideas passed and at the same time I am extremely hopeful Hillary is removed from ever being in the government arena again after we all have seen what she stands for and what she is willing to do to promote anything that will enhance her power and wealth.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:21 pm

:roll: .............

Sounds like Bill Clinton arguing the word is. When caught in a lie, no need to dig a deeper hole.

DougB

Post by DougB » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:26 pm

And on an encouraging note, David Dukes, former Grand Wizard of the KKK, announced his support for Trump, saying that he identifies strongly with the GOP platform. Wow. Just WOW.
David Dukes and GOP platform
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/d ... kkk-226028
"I'm overjoyed to see Donald Trump and most Americans embrace most of the issues I've championed for years," Duke said in a video announcing his candidacy. " My slogan remains America first. I've always said equal rights for all, special interests for none."

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:31 pm

ezzy333 wrote:I see none of you read what I posted back a while about what the term disbarred was used then and how they have changed it from disbarment to inactive. Michelle, Hillary and Bill went through th old procedure where they were disbarred even if they resigned or gave up their license. It takes a court order to get the license back, thus the term disbarred. Now, will someone tell me why that seems to be a concern when we are talking about the future. And CJ, maybe you just might want to check your postings before you call anyone a liar that disagrees with you. And I am also curious how we have so many that know all about politics and how the government works while Trump who is in contact with the feds on several levels knows nothing about it. I am concerned but hopeful Trump can get some of his ideas passed and at the same time I am extremely hopeful Hillary is removed from ever being in the government arena again after we all have seen what she stands for and what she is willing to do to promote anything that will enhance her power and wealth.
Oh... Well I can't speak for others but I read it. It just appeared to be clumsy back peddling rather than a genuine and succinct explanation.

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:29 pm

ezzy333 wrote:I see none of you read what I posted back a while about what the term disbarred was used then and how they have changed it from disbarment to inactive. Michelle, Hillary and Bill went through th old procedure where they were disbarred even if they resigned or gave up their license. It takes a court order to get the license back, thus the term disbarred. Now, will someone tell me why that seems to be a concern when we are talking about the future. And CJ, maybe you just might want to check your postings before you call anyone a liar that disagrees with you. And I am also curious how we have so many that know all about politics and how the government works while Trump who is in contact with the feds on several levels knows nothing about it. I am concerned but hopeful Trump can get some of his ideas passed and at the same time I am extremely hopeful Hillary is removed from ever being in the government arena again after we all have seen what she stands for and what she is willing to do to promote anything that will enhance her power and wealth.
I did not calling you a liar because I disagree with you. It has nothing to do with agree or disagree. I am calling you a liar because you lied about Michelle Obama's license as did timeout about Hillary's. When we see some real evidence other than your word. We might believe you. But, I am reasonably sure you know what dis barred means in todays terms........Cj

jetjockey

Post by jetjockey » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:24 pm

You better go back to school and get new Professors, because the ones you had SUCKED! First off, Obama didn't change the way UE is calculated. The last time the calculation of UE occurred began under Bush SR and was finished in 1994 under Clinton. Secondly, the US calculates 6 separate UE rates, with U3 being the "official" rate, and none of them are manipulated by the POTUS. Finally, if your so well educated in Economics it will be easy for you to tell us all the correlation between U3 and U6. Lastly, you aren't the only one who has taken an Econ class or two, but I'm guessing from your post you missed most of your classes. So before you try and blow smoke up people's skirts realize, some of us didn't miss those classes!