Our President Deserves an Award

Bounty_Hunter

Re: Our President Deserves an Award

Post by Bounty_Hunter » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:53 am

ezzy333 wrote:Are you aware that the manufacturing output of this country has gone up every year except maybe a couple of the recent ones. We have lost jobs because we have robots doing much of the work people used to do. Look at any of the vehicle manufacturing plants and see how many people are on the production lines. I admit we need more jobs but most of them will be in the service line and not the manufacturing lines.

Ezzy
Well then cant we at least buy from American robots, because everything I buy at the store is either made in China, Mexico or some other 3rd world country.

whatsnext

Post by whatsnext » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:01 am

I work for a company that makes parts for the big four and the only one's that we are getting more work from is ford and Chrysler. Ford from what i am hearing is bringing more work back to the US because of quality issues, That is a big reason why when i bought a new truck last year i bought a ford because i believe they are trying to do the right thing.

Bounty_Hunter

Post by Bounty_Hunter » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:50 am

whatsnext wrote:I work for a company that makes parts for the big four and the only one's that we are getting more work from is ford and Chrysler. Ford from what i am hearing is bringing more work back to the US because of quality issues, That is a big reason why when i bought a new truck last year i bought a ford because i believe they are trying to do the right thing.
Sounds like a step in the right direction, the only problem I see with "made in America" is not quality but price. Many when given the choice between quality and price choose price which keeps the demand up for foreign goods.

JonnyNC

Post by JonnyNC » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:15 am

Well my family health insurance went up 225% because of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare). Obama and the democrat party are SOLELY responsible for that. So don't give me this line about "we're all to blame." I am not to blame. People who believe that government programs are going to solve all their problems are to blame. Stop voting for democrats

Bounty_Hunter

Post by Bounty_Hunter » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:01 pm

JonnyNC wrote:Well my family health insurance went up 225% because of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare). Obama and the democrat party are SOLELY responsible for that. So don't give me this line about "we're all to blame." I am not to blame. People who believe that government programs are going to solve all their problems are to blame. Stop voting for democrats
So all I need to do is put all my faith in the republican party, and they will solve all the worlds problems. I thought they created most of them? From what I've see over the past 30 years its time to hang up both parties and start from scratch. And as far as presidents go, we would probably be better off just picking a name out of a big hat.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:07 pm

Bounty_Hunter wrote:
JonnyNC wrote:Well my family health insurance went up 225% because of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare). Obama and the democrat party are SOLELY responsible for that. So don't give me this line about "we're all to blame." I am not to blame. People who believe that government programs are going to solve all their problems are to blame. Stop voting for democrats
So all I need to do is put all my faith in the republican party, and they will solve all the worlds problems. I thought they created most of them? From what I've see over the past 30 years its time to hang up both parties and start from scratch. And as far as presidents go, we would probably be better off just picking a name out of a big hat.
You know BH, the last part of your post might make SOME sense, but your very first sentence ruined it. :?

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

muleskinner

Post by muleskinner » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:09 pm

Politicians are not about solutions...they are about votes and power. The only thing that looks like a solution in their eyes is the thing that perpetuates political power. Doesn't matter which side of the aisle they set on.

Bounty_Hunter

Post by Bounty_Hunter » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:23 pm

muleskinner wrote:Politicians are not about solutions...they are about votes and power. The only thing that looks like a solution in their eyes is the thing that perpetuates political power. Doesn't matter which side of the aisle they set on.
Exactly, and that political power that they seek is strictly for lining their pockets and that of their family and closest friends. Which brings us back to the age old dilemma, Greed will destroy us all.. So how do we take the greed out of politics?

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:46 pm

We can start with term limits for the House and Senate, and disallow the life long careers there.

Bounty_Hunter

Post by Bounty_Hunter » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:54 pm

shags wrote:We can start with term limits for the House and Senate, and disallow the life long careers there.
That and a rope for any dishonest foul play while holding such high government positions.

Rod W

Post by Rod W » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:32 pm

Bounty_Hunter wrote:
shags wrote:We can start with term limits for the House and Senate, and disallow the life long careers there.
That and a rope for any dishonest foul play while holding such high government positions.
Term limits for ALL Federal AND State jobs, 10 years- Income inequality, come on--- all union employees can retire at 55, get out of the way for the next guy, you've had a good run, you should have stacked it away by now and the taxpayer won't have to bail out your pensions!!
"Democracy dies when the people wanting their government to take care of them outnumber those wanting to take care of themselves!"

We usually learn,, to overcome IGNORANCE,, but STUPIDITY cannot be overcome!!!

Life Member NRA

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:45 pm

Lets get real. You expect someone to work for thirty years. raise a family, send the kids to college, then live for another 40 years and have enough to pay for that without a pension. That doesn't even make sense. And then to have the guts to tell your dad to get out of the way so you can work. Not all of the cracker jacks are in politics.
Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Rod W

Post by Rod W » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:00 pm

No, Ezzy, after 5 years all? union employees are vested, they do have a pension. Just watch, in the next few years the taxpayer will be asked to bail out the Federal penions as well as Illinois and California. You should no what is going on in your state!
"Democracy dies when the people wanting their government to take care of them outnumber those wanting to take care of themselves!"

Life Member NRA

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:06 pm

Rod W wrote:No, Ezzy, after 5 years all? union employees are vested, they do have a pension. Just watch, in the next few years the taxpayer will be asked to bail out the Federal penions as well as Illinois and California. You should no what is going on in your state!
You are talking about public employee unions which shouldn't exist but we can let the unions figure out how to pay them.

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Bounty_Hunter

Post by Bounty_Hunter » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:32 pm

Listen you guys don't have to educate me on corruption in politics, I live in Luzerne County PA which is the corruption capital of the country. Haven't you heard of the kids for cash scandal, or how at least a dozen politicians in one year were convicted of things from money laundering to running Ponzi schemes. We have more politicians in jail here then we have in service. And many here think they the Feds have not even scratched the surface. And why, most make well over 100,000 per year and have the best health care plans and pensions you can ask for. Why, because its the golden rule," he who has the gold makes the rules".

CHJIII

Post by CHJIII » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:16 pm

How about looking at this from a different angle. I blame the entertainment industry for most of our problems. That includes TV, media, sports, music, movies you name it. Add it to the list. They drive everything in our country and are the most overpaid whiny pieces of crap. With a few exceptions. See TJ Oshie for one. Seriously, too many people get sold a bill of goods to support this crap.

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:05 am

Nothing will halt the country's slide until the voters stop lapping up the Them vs. Us scenario being promoted today by all those on both sides of the aisle who have learned to manipulate the choir at the drop of a trigger word....too many simply love to get on board at a rant party down at some equivalent barbershop.
It is not just the party in the Whitehouse......frustration makes followers.....from the NRA to the Tofu folks.
Politicos of any stamp, Pro-Gun, Anti-Gun, Pro-Business, Pro-Union, whatever...pick a team, separate...and fail.
You want change....then eschew this type of whining evidenced here and voice without an agenda or a eye on gettin' a kick in to the short ribs of someone or something....past or present.
But, it ain't gonna happen.....not enough folks care about the future they will not live in.....it will always sound like they care, as they also know the right words to drop, but, really, it is mostly all about ME, Mine and the Moment.

Bounty_Hunter

Post by Bounty_Hunter » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:23 am

Mountaineer wrote:Nothing will halt the country's slide until the voters stop lapping up the Them vs. Us scenario being promoted today by all those on both sides of the aisle who have learned to manipulate the choir at the drop of a trigger word....too many simply love to get on board at a rant party down at some equivalent barbershop.
It is not just the party in the Whitehouse......frustration makes followers.....from the NRA to the Tofu folks.
Politicos of any stamp, Pro-Gun, Anti-Gun, Pro-Business, Pro-Union, whatever...pick a team, separate...and fail.
You want change....then eschew this type of whining evidenced here and voice without an agenda or a eye on gettin' a kick in to the short ribs of someone or something....past or present.
But, it ain't gonna happen.....not enough folks care about the future they will not live in.....it will always sound like they care, as they also know the right words to drop, but, really, it is mostly all about ME, Mine and the Moment.
Good argument here. Somewhat factual. Who was it that said kill all the lawyers first? I think at some point in time our constitution actually stood for something and government did work much better then today but when sophisticated lawyers stepped in and decided how it should be interpeted, that's where we got in trouble. And punishment for crimes committed is a joke today. Hoods laughing while being hauled into jail. For crying out loud I read a while back how some inmates turned themselves in that escaped from a prison down south somewhere because it was too hot and the bugs were bothering them. A good roof over your head, three square meals a day, big screen TVs, exercise rooms, library and computer rooms, makes you wonder if it might be better on the inside. Why should politicians fear the law when no one else really does?

ChetB

Post by ChetB » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:40 am

My general rule is to never get involved in discussion like this one ... I see no reason to violate that rule now.

Chet

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:56 am

ChetB wrote:My general rule is to never get involved in discussion like this one ... I see no reason to violate that rule now.

Chet
Too late, you did it.

Bounty_Hunter

Post by Bounty_Hunter » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:09 pm

ChetB wrote:My general rule is to never get involved in discussion like this one ... I see no reason to violate that rule now.Chet
Why are you a lawyer? :mrgreen: Discussing the fate of our country is important. And from where I'm sitting we cant possibly do any more harm then what's already been done by our true and honest politicians standing behind our government. Roll those dice mister...

whatsnext

Post by whatsnext » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:34 pm

ezzy333 wrote:Lets get real. You expect someone to work for thirty years. raise a family, send the kids to college, then live for another 40 years and have enough to pay for that without a pension. That doesn't even make sense. And then to have the guts to tell your dad to get out of the way so you can work. Not all of the cracker jacks are in politics.
Ezzy
This is part of the problem how does one only work for 30 years of there life? If you lived till 80 that means 50 years of your life was spent being a burden or responsibility to others and how can you make and save enough in 30 years of work to supply another 30+ years of retirement? It is this kind of "speculative" view of future growth that has gotten this country in trouble.

bonasa

Post by bonasa » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:08 pm

whatsnext wrote:
This is part of the problem how does one only work for 30 years of there life? If you lived till 80 that means 50 years of your life was spent being a burden or responsibility to others and how can you make and save enough in 30 years of work to supply another 30+ years of retirement? It is this kind of "speculative" view of future growth that has gotten this country in trouble.
Do you believe in child labor? Age 0-18/21 should be school . There are other options along the way to make sound financial and investment decisions over a lifetime for oneself and their spouse.

whatsnext

Post by whatsnext » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:48 pm

bonasa wrote:
whatsnext wrote:
Do you believe in child labor? Age 0-18/21 should be school . There are other options along the way to make sound financial and investment decisions over a lifetime for oneself and their spouse.
I said 30 years of work for 30 years of retirement, did i not leave 20 years out for youth ?

ChetB

Post by ChetB » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:06 pm

Bounty_Hunter wrote:
ChetB wrote:My general rule is to never get involved in discussion like this one ... I see no reason to violate that rule now.Chet
Why are you a lawyer? :mrgreen: Discussing the fate of our country is important. And from where I'm sitting we cant possibly do any more harm then what's already been done by our true and honest politicians standing behind our government. Roll those dice mister...
ezzy333 wrote:
ChetB wrote:My general rule is to never get involved in discussion like this one ... I see no reason to violate that rule now.

Chet
Too late, you did it.
Whether or not the man who currently occupies the White House deserves an award is not for me to decide. He informed us some time ago that he would fundamentally change America and he has done so. Most of the problems we face in this country today are the result of several generations of our people buying into the idea that it is the Federal government's responsibility to take care of them from cradle to grave. It is shameful that such a defeatist attitude prevails in this great country. I do not believe our Founding Fathers envisioned what we have become.

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:14 pm

Chet
Well that didn't last long. :D

DougB

Post by DougB » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:49 pm

It would be different if the GOP could find a candidate. Obama is a politician, and like all pols, you know he's lying if his lips are moving, but he was the best candidate on those running. My 401 is at a record level due to the stock market climbing, manufacturing and employment are up, houses are selling, we are awash in oil, and the rich are still getting richer. We're only in one shooting war and we're scheduled to get out of that. What would Mitt have done, except cut taxes more for the rich-who are at record low rates and are not creating jobs.
Why own a dog? There's a danger you know,

You can't own just one, for the craving will grow.

There's no doubt they're addictive, wherein lies the danger.

While living with lots, you'll grow poorer and stranger.

Bounty_Hunter

Post by Bounty_Hunter » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:37 pm

ChetB wrote:Whether or not the man who currently occupies the White House deserves an award is not for me to decide. He informed us some time ago that he would fundamentally change America and he has done so. Most of the problems we face in this country today are the result of several generations of our people buying into the idea that it is the Federal government's responsibility to take care of them from cradle to grave. It is shameful that such a defeatist attitude prevails in this great country. I do not believe our Founding Fathers envisioned what we have become.
Ok, well put and I think many would agree with you. I do to an extent. Now, what do you say to someone who says, I don't think our Founding Fathers envisioned a corporate America like that of what we have in place today? And what do you say to someone who says, corporate America controls our government to an extent that they get to write the laws, rules, and regulations to benefit themselves, and these laws, rules, and regulations are usually not in the best interest of our countries law abiding citizens? What we have become is history, What we need to do to change things is of the utmost importance.

http://constitutionus.com/

Grange

Post by Grange » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:19 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
Rod W wrote:No, Ezzy, after 5 years all? union employees are vested, they do have a pension. Just watch, in the next few years the taxpayer will be asked to bail out the Federal penions as well as Illinois and California. You should no what is going on in your state!
You are talking about public employee unions which shouldn't exist but we can let the unions figure out how to pay them.
Why not?

ChetB

Post by ChetB » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:38 pm

Bounty_Hunter wrote:
ChetB wrote:Whether or not the man who currently occupies the White House deserves an award is not for me to decide. He informed us some time ago that he would fundamentally change America and he has done so. Most of the problems we face in this country today are the result of several generations of our people buying into the idea that it is the Federal government's responsibility to take care of them from cradle to grave. It is shameful that such a defeatist attitude prevails in this great country. I do not believe our Founding Fathers envisioned what we have become.
Ok, well put and I think many would agree with you. I do to an extent. Now, what do you say to someone who says, I don't think our Founding Fathers envisioned a corporate America like that of what we have in place today? And what do you say to someone who says, corporate America controls our government to an extent that they get to write the laws, rules, and regulations to benefit themselves, and these laws, rules, and regulations are usually not in the best interest of our countries law abiding citizens? What we have become is history, What we need to do to change things is of the utmost importance.

http://constitutionus.com/
Indeed, corporate influence such as we have would not have been envisioned by the Founders and I'm not in disagreement with you. I believe term limits are part of the answer, but more importantly, we have to start putting into office those candidates who will steer us away from the failed fiscal policies of the past 60 or so years. The entitlements that socioeconomics have led to are strangling us. Non-producers reap the benefits of those who are productive and that must change. Special interest groups and their lobbyists, along with the corporate players are in the game only for themselves ... and, in the case of corporations, their stockholders. An uneducated and mal-informed electorate, I believe, is largely to blame for furthering this country's decline. Judging by the last Presidential election, a healthy proportion of the electorate have become disinterested, as well. I don't have the answers ... heck, I don't even know some of the questions! ... but I do know that unless our citizens start to take their civil responsibilities seriously we might very well be doomed. Change can take place, but it's got to start from the bottom and work it's way up. Change never happens from the top down.

Bounty_Hunter

Post by Bounty_Hunter » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:59 am

ChetB wrote:Indeed, corporate influence such as we have would not have been envisioned by the Founders and I'm not in disagreement with you. I believe term limits are part of the answer, but more importantly, we have to start putting into office those candidates who will steer us away from the failed fiscal policies of the past 60 or so years. The entitlements that socioeconomics have led to are strangling us. Non-producers reap the benefits of those who are productive and that must change. Special interest groups and their lobbyists, along with the corporate players are in the game only for themselves ... and, in the case of corporations, their stockholders. An uneducated and mal-informed electorate, I believe, is largely to blame for furthering this country's decline. Judging by the last Presidential election, a healthy proportion of the electorate have become disinterested, as well. I don't have the answers ... heck, I don't even know some of the questions! ... but I do know that unless our citizens start to take their civil responsibilities seriously we might very well be doomed. Change can take place, but it's got to start from the bottom and work it's way up. Change never happens from the top down.
Lots of truth to this in my opinion. Now where is some input from all of our older and more experienced on here. I have read a thousand times on here how experience trumps everything else. Break some of this down and tell us your thoughts. There are only two things Chet brought to light that I will comment on and that is, how do we put candidates in office who will steer us away from what's been hurting us, seems they promise us the stars when running for election but once elected the amnesia kicks in? Secondly, I think its too late for change to take place starting from the bottom, we need change from the bottom the top and the middle, somehow all three areas must find common ground to get this country moving in the right direction. I think some politicians do seek election with good intentions in mind but when they cant beat the system they give in too easily. We need someone in there with back bone who is not afraid to make the changes needed to save this nation.

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:29 am

Bounty_Hunter wrote:....I think...

I think a fire tiger Wiggle Wart trolled at a slow speed works great in muddy water and that a library card is a good boredom buster.

ChetB

Post by ChetB » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:45 am

For too long the best and brightest in this country have not sought nor desired public service because the rewards are too few. Instead, they have gone into business where they know they will be rewarded very well for a job well done. In my opinion, it all comes down to the selfish "what's in it for me?" attitude so prevalent among our people. Seems to me the Constitution and Bill of Rights ought to stand for something ... "We, the people" does not mean "you the individual".

Bounty_Hunter

Post by Bounty_Hunter » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:06 pm

Mountaineer wrote:I think a fire tiger Wiggle Wart trolled at a slow speed works great in muddy water and that a library card is a good boredom buster.
I'll have to try the tiger wiggle wart sometime, thanks! Haven't used the library card in a long time, much faster to look online. I think, is much safer then, I know, don't you think so? :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thinker

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:43 pm

Bounty_Hunter wrote:
ChetB wrote:Indeed, corporate influence such as we have would not have been envisioned by the Founders and I'm not in disagreement with you. I believe term limits are part of the answer, but more importantly, we have to start putting into office those candidates who will steer us away from the failed fiscal policies of the past 60 or so years. The entitlements that socioeconomics have led to are strangling us. Non-producers reap the benefits of those who are productive and that must change. Special interest groups and their lobbyists, along with the corporate players are in the game only for themselves ... and, in the case of corporations, their stockholders. An uneducated and mal-informed electorate, I believe, is largely to blame for furthering this country's decline. Judging by the last Presidential election, a healthy proportion of the electorate have become disinterested, as well. I don't have the answers ... heck, I don't even know some of the questions! ... but I do know that unless our citizens start to take their civil responsibilities seriously we might very well be doomed. Change can take place, but it's got to start from the bottom and work it's way up. Change never happens from the top down.
Lots of truth to this in my opinion. Now where is some input from all of our older and more experienced on here. I have read a thousand times on here how experience trumps everything else. Break some of this down and tell us your thoughts. There are only two things Chet brought to light that I will comment on and that is, how do we put candidates in office who will steer us away from what's been hurting us, seems they promise us the stars when running for election but once elected the amnesia kicks in? Secondly, I think its too late for change to take place starting from the bottom, we need change from the bottom the top and the middle, somehow all three areas must find common ground to get this country moving in the right direction. I think some politicians do seek election with good intentions in mind but when they cant beat the system they give in too easily. We need someone in there with back bone who is not afraid to make the changes needed to save this nation.
Na, experience doesn't mean a thing. Who needs real life experience when we have the internet. After all, just look at what a smart feller you have become.

Charlie

Bounty_Hunter

Post by Bounty_Hunter » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:08 pm

birddogger wrote:Na, experience doesn't mean a thing. Who needs real life experience when we have the internet. After all, just look at what a smart feller you have become.Charlie
Now Charlie, I feel undeserving of such a compliment. Lets replace the word smart with informed as that would seem more fitting.

Bounty_Hunter

Post by Bounty_Hunter » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:43 pm

ChetB wrote:For too long the best and brightest in this country have not sought nor desired public service because the rewards are too few. Instead, they have gone into business where they know they will be rewarded very well for a job well done. In my opinion, it all comes down to the selfish "what's in it for me?" attitude so prevalent among our people. Seems to me the Constitution and Bill of Rights ought to stand for something ... "We, the people" does not mean "you the individual".
Or it could also be that the brightest or most qualified realize that a well thought out strategy would never be allowed to play out because corporate America would never allow it. Too much money might have to come from the pockets of the greed stricken upper echelon. " We the people" got changed a while back to " Me and my people" or at least that's the way it seems.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:44 pm

Bounty_Hunter wrote:
birddogger wrote:Na, experience doesn't mean a thing. Who needs real life experience when we have the internet. After all, just look at what a smart feller you have become.Charlie
Now Charlie, I feel undeserving of such a compliment. Lets replace the word smart with informed as that would seem more fitting.
OK, informed it is.

Charlie

Bounty_Hunter

Post by Bounty_Hunter » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:49 pm

Mountaineer wrote:not enough folks care about the future they will not live in.....it will always sound like they care, as they also know the right words to drop, but, really, it is mostly all about ME, Mine and the Moment.

Why so pessimistic, sure glad past generations didn't think like this. Sure there are some people the world could do better without but there always was. I for one believe there are still plenty of good folks around that are doing their part to see that there is a future. Good, bad, or indifferent were all in it together, stay the course...

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:22 pm

Bounty_Hunter wrote:
Mountaineer wrote:not enough folks care about the future they will not live in.....it will always sound like they care, as they also know the right words to drop, but, really, it is mostly all about ME, Mine and the Moment.

Why so pessimistic, sure glad past generations didn't think like this. Sure there are some people the world could do better without but there always was. I for one believe there are still plenty of good folks around that are doing their part to see that there is a future. Good, bad, or indifferent were all in it together, stay the course...
if you believe there are still good people why do you feel the need to bash corporate America around no matter what the subject is. Corporate America has never hurt you and for a matter of fact you wouldn't have the things you have with out them. Corporations are made up of a group of people like you and I that start a company and some go public and they help support a lot of stock holders, again like you and I, and yet you bash them. And of course we have the special interest groups which consist of people who want the government to do something and they are all bad except for the ones that are lobbying for the things you want done.

Bounty_Hunter

Post by Bounty_Hunter » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:12 pm

ezzy333 wrote:if you believe there are still good people why do you feel the need to bash corporate America around no matter what the subject is. Corporate America has never hurt you and for a matter of fact you wouldn't have the things you have with out them. Corporations are made up of a group of people like you and I that start a company and some go public and they help support a lot of stock holders, again like you and I, and yet you bash them. And of course we have the special interest groups which consist of people who want the government to do something and they are all bad except for the ones that are lobbying for the things you want done.
Because corporate America is made up of a lot of bad people. Need I remind you of Enron Corp. or the 187 billion bailout of Freddy mack Fanny mae, ect. Who will bail me out if I get in financial trouble? BP spilled 4.9 million gallons of oil that scattered across the gulf coast, said to be the worst petroleum spill in history. Who went to jail for it? How many companies have moved to China and Mexico to make more money using cheap labor. Better yet, how many companies are on board with allowing illegal immigration to continue so they can hire cheap labor. I could go on but I think you get the point. All I'm saying is there are still some good people left trying to do the right things and their the ones holding the pillars in place of a crumbling society. I just might happen to be one of them. Your welcome!

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:02 am

Bounty_Hunter wrote:
ezzy333 wrote:if you believe there are still good people why do you feel the need to bash corporate America around no matter what the subject is. Corporate America has never hurt you and for a matter of fact you wouldn't have the things you have with out them. Corporations are made up of a group of people like you and I that start a company and some go public and they help support a lot of stock holders, again like you and I, and yet you bash them. And of course we have the special interest groups which consist of people who want the government to do something and they are all bad except for the ones that are lobbying for the things you want done.
Because corporate America is made up of a lot of bad people. Need I remind you of Enron Corp. or the 187 billion bailout of Freddy mack Fanny mae, ect. Who will bail me out if I get in financial trouble? BP spilled 4.9 million gallons of oil that scattered across the gulf coast, said to be the worst petroleum spill in history. Who went to jail for it? How many companies have moved to China and Mexico to make more money using cheap labor. Better yet, how many companies are on board with allowing illegal immigration to continue so they can hire cheap labor. I could go on but I think you get the point. All I'm saying is there are still some good people left trying to do the right things and their the ones holding the pillars in place of a crumbling society. I just might happen to be one of them. Your welcome!
I do get the point, you hate corporates because you blame them for all of the things that happen you don't like. Enron had a couple of people who deserved to go to jail and did, Freddy Mack and Fannie Mae weren't corporations but were government entities that congress run, BP had an accident caused by the failure of a piece of equipment they purchased and they paid to clean it up, and any company that doesn't try to keep costs down so we can afford their products I would have a problem with too. Well, I am sure you get the point from one of the old experienced guys, so lets see how much it changes your opinion.

Ezzy

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:21 am

Bounty_Hunter wrote:
Mountaineer wrote:not enough folks care about the future they will not live in.....it will always sound like they care, as they also know the right words to drop, but, really, it is mostly all about ME, Mine and the Moment
.....(edit*)...and Agenda.

Try upping your speed and maybe switch to a jointed blue Rapala....and hit that spot over between the two islands.
Be patient.....one has to be have patience to get what one wants in Life.
Oh, maybe hide the hook a bit better if you go to a crawler harness and spinner.

Gotta go...buddy and I are taking 4 dogs to the Keystone State for the last day and a bit of exercise and fresh air.
A fresh breath of air will be especially appreciated.....the same old stuff gets a bit stale.

Bounty_Hunter

Post by Bounty_Hunter » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:49 am

ezzy333 wrote:I do get the point, you hate corporates because you blame them for all of the things that happen you don't like. Enron had a couple of people who deserved to go to jail and did, Freddy Mack and Fannie Mae weren't corporations but were government entities that congress run, BP had an accident caused by the failure of a piece of equipment they purchased and they paid to clean it up, and any company that doesn't try to keep costs down so we can afford their products I would have a problem with too. Well, I am sure you get the point from one of the old experienced guys, so lets see how much it changes your opinion.Ezzy
I threw in Fanney Mae to show how deep the corruption runs within our government. Stop making excuses for big corporations because they get plenty of help from our own government, tax breaks and forgiveness, all kind of loopholes and sneaky legal tricks that allow them to file bankruptcy and then reopen under other names. How about how they hide profits. BP cleaned up a tenth of the mess they left then they threw some money around to hush up things. Can you really put a price on the damage done? Marine biologists don't even know at this point how much damage has really been done or how it will effect the undersea life for many years to come. Successful corporations usually have a few things in common, they lie, cheat and steal but they do it within the confines of the law because they usually have government backing or high ranking government officials with a vested interest involved. Why are you so protective of corporations anyway?

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:49 am

Thank you. Your post is great evidence of your attitude and knowledge. Absolutely useless to try and change it via the internet.

Ezzy

Rod W

Post by Rod W » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:00 am

The one common denominator---Divide and conquer, preach---hate the rich, they have it so much better, they are the ones screwing everyone else. I despised Bush's blatant giveaway programs to the rich---Obama has DOUBLED DOWN, on this. If he couldn't promise money to his minions, he would still be in a drunken/ drug induce stupor!

Life Member NRA

Bounty_Hunter

Post by Bounty_Hunter » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:35 am

ezzy333 wrote:Thank you. Your post is great evidence of your attitude and knowledge. Absolutely useless to try and change it via the internet.

Ezzy
Oh ok, since you and the Mountaineer despise the net so much here is some knowledge gained through experience. The gas industry here in PA made up of some of the largest CORPORATIONS in this country such as Chesapeake and Chief energy corporation decided about a year ago that our good state needed an important piece of legislation added to our state laws under Act 13 that would allow gas and oil developers to supersede local zoning authority, meaning they wanted complete control over small towns across the state to do whatever they wanted as far as installation of compressor stations or related equipment and perhaps drilling operations within town if it were possible. Thank God they didn't get their way! And our fine upstanding Governor who has stood behind this industry from the start was very disappointed to say the least.

http://stateimpact.npr.org/pennsylvania ... trictions/

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:28 am

Not the Internet itself laddybuck.....those who surf the Internet until they find info that can either be spun a number of directions at once or is of a measure that exists and is used simply because every point of view is up for publication to any number of choirs....and to any number of folks mindlessly repeating propaganda meant to manipulate those with a cocklebur for...something.

I suspect your knowledge of the Marcellus activity in the central Apps. is as agendized and flawed and personal and immature as are your thoughts on feeding....whatever or doing...whatever.
I also suspect that the so-thought knowledge is rather narrow in degree in particular, yet applied far too widely wherever you can post....just because you can.
Learning seems less of a call than simply being imagined as some front line soldier fighting the good fight against Big Ag, Big Oil or, Big...again, Whatever.

I will say that Pa. should go to a severance tax rather than their Impact tax......while the operative rig count has markedly decreased in Pennsylvania and people were counting, a bit, un-hatched chickens....companies will not depart due to the existence of a severance tax.
My guess is some local authorities enjoy the benefits they personally share in that Impact tax and other areas of the state would like more of the pie....therefore the fight between the two ideas.

Have fun tho in wearing any cape or mask that gives the feeling of vanquishing some mighty foe.
You are not alone, many folks do choose the selfish view of being born-again or seeing-the -light rather than the unselfish view that one can always learn and that words mean little without the ability to recognize the pollution self-interest.
Just look at those using ignorance to destroy the management of the National Forests.
Same selfishness....different face.

Rod W

Post by Rod W » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:43 am

The FCC downplays their desire to put MONITORS in the news room and the mainstream media doesn't even cover it! BECAUSE - they are already monitoring themselves. Twist the truth to the socialist agenda, never miss a chance to brainwash, further, the uninformed who happen to be engrossed in their REALITY SHOWS! The mainstream media is already controled by the desires of the socialists, if we should ever lose the few conservative talk shows, what would be next, civil war?
Progressive/Socialist --------------------------------Conservative
More taxes, spend more on entitlements--------Cut taxes, pay off the deficit
Bigger government, more control-----------------Smaller gov, just leave me alone!
No fossil fuels, GLOBAL WARMING----------------Natural gas,Keystone Pipeline, fracking, more jobs
Gun control works-----------------------------------No more gun control---States with conceal carry show the way
Pro Choice/ this is not the opposite of-----------Pro Life
Taxpayer pays for birth control--------------------I will keep my own plan
Taxpayer funded abortions-------------------------How many future Einsteins have been lost?
I have a right to a home----------------------------I have a right to PURCHASE A HOME, with my own MONEY!
Employment interferes with my well being,limits my freedom,JOB LOCK-----Employment is my WELL BEING, enabling my freedom

If any of these statements are wrong/ untrue, PLEASE, LET ME KNOW HOW, I WOULD LOVE TO VOTE "DEMOCRATIC" BEING A RETIRED UNION MEMBER!!! Who was it that said, "Ask not what your country can do for you, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR COUNTRY?"

Life Member NRA

whatsnext

Post by whatsnext » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:27 am

Rod W wrote:The FCC downplays their desire to put MONITORS in the news room and the mainstream media doesn't even cover it! BECAUSE - they are already monitoring themselves. Twist the truth to the socialist agenda, never miss a chance to brainwash, further, the uninformed who happen to be engrossed in their REALITY SHOWS! The mainstream media is already controled by the desires of the socialists, if we should ever lose the few conservative talk shows, what would be next, civil war?
Progressive/Socialist --------------------------------Conservative
More taxes, spend more on entitlements--------Cut taxes, pay off the deficit
Bigger government, more control-----------------Smaller gov, just leave me alone!
No fossil fuels, GLOBAL WARMING----------------Natural gas,Keystone Pipeline, fracking, more jobs
Gun control works-----------------------------------No more gun control---States with conceal carry show the way
Pro Choice/ this is not the opposite of-----------Pro Life
Taxpayer pays for birth control--------------------I will keep my own plan
Taxpayer funded abortions-------------------------How many future Einsteins have been lost?
I have a right to a home----------------------------I have a right to PURCHASE A HOME, with my own MONEY!
Employment interferes with my well being,limits my freedom,JOB LOCK-----Employment is my WELL BEING, enabling my freedom

If any of these statements are wrong/ untrue, PLEASE, LET ME KNOW HOW, I WOULD LOVE TO VOTE "DEMOCRATIC" BEING A RETIRED UNION MEMBER!!! Who was it that said, "Ask not what your country can do for you, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR COUNTRY?"
How about the company i work for that everyone running it is a conservative and 90% of the people they hire are illegal ? Oh that's right they do not Know the people they hire are illegal because it is the temp agencies responsibility to check that information. I guess you could thank the conservative's for you retirement plan since they love union retirement plans so much :roll: