Why do you come onto this forum?

displaced_texan

Re: Why do you come onto this forum?

Post by displaced_texan » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:30 pm

Karen wrote:I've found the training section absolutely nasty so I refuse to go there anymore. I will occasionally look for something specific in the health section, and I mostly browse the general section, but more frequently than not I'm selling something, or looking for advise in the off topic section. Where else can you go and find people in all lines of work with all different expertise who are willing to give away "trade secrets" for free to help someone on the other side of the country save a few bucks?
Virtually any forum.

The off topic section here is actually pretty slow.
I have English Pointers because they don't ever grow up either...

JKP

Post by JKP » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:21 pm

For entertainment and to see great dogs and here good dog stories.

Frankug

Post by Frankug » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:14 pm

To try and learn more about dogs and hunting etc. I also wanted a place to tell all the many mistakes I have made with dogs over the years. Somebody might learn something from me. Not that many dog hunters out there that I can sit around and talk to. I love hunting with dogs. Hope we don't lose this great sport. I read an article that stated only 8% of the US population considers themselves to be a hunter. Dog hunters are probably in the .0 something% of that total.

WFranklinGSP

Post by WFranklinGSP » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:21 am

I come to this forum to gain information and knowledge from everyone that has first hand experience, being that I just purchased my first true bird dog. I have noticed the passion and strong feelings on certain topics. I find myself taking pieces of everyone's advice and putting it together to fit my lifestyle, available training opportunities and dogs personality/current abilities.

roaniecowpony

Post by roaniecowpony » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:53 am

I like to come to this forum, put on Joan Baez' version of Kumbaya in the background, and sit back and feel the love.

Alright, I'z just kiddin 'bout the Joan Baez stuff. I can't stand her. I come to show off my puntshiashun. But I do feel the love. :D

I'm right on most things. Sometimes toward the center. Almost never left. Well...'cept one or two things. But I don't wanna get firebombed :mrgreen:

DoubleBarrel GunDogs

Post by DoubleBarrel GunDogs » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:30 pm

1. I enjoy the challenge of reading a dog sight unseen.

2. Writing something that someone can glean something useful from.

3. Reading interesting posts.

4. Prompting inquiring minds to tee up questions for other members to hammer with their drivers. :wink:

Nate

Max2

Post by Max2 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:35 am

A love of gun dogs ( said bird dog on another site and was scrutinized :D )I like dog's in general . My morning sit at the computer with a cup of coffee and read ...... :D start's my day with a smile

minigooch

Post by minigooch » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:31 am

Cabin fever and passing the time till I pick up my pup ( 3/15 /2014) 6 days and counting

rons

Post by rons » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:54 pm

this forum has a vast knowledge and experience that I would not be able to obtain without it. have met a group of great people here. I appreciate everyones opinion.

Ike

Post by Ike » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:01 pm

BigJake wrote:I come for advice, I come to meet new friends, I come because I care about my dogs and want to stay up to date on health and nutrition. I come to find out about different breeds and look at different training techniques. I come because dog people are some of the best people around:)
I've had hunting dogs of one sort or another all my life. When my last two Springers passed 3 years ago, I let it go and did not get another dog. Tried to get back into deer hunting......not near as much fun as being able to walk and talk to your hunting partner....just missed my dogs. Finally got me a new pup.....looking forward to next years season.

uplandnut

Post by uplandnut » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:32 pm

I joined so that I could stay up on all the things relating to the sport I love, whether it's political or vet care I sure have not experienced everything and I'm sure no one else has, so why not take advantage of all the information available. A thousand eyes looking at different topics and sharing what they find makes it a lot easier than my two eyes trying to look at a thousand topics and decipher whats important or not.

Ez4

Post by Ez4 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:05 pm

Joined today. Came to add an extra resource to my toolkit for training.

Deets

Post by Deets » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:08 pm

I like to see people get fighting mad about what kind of dog food to feed.

Bounty_Hunter

Post by Bounty_Hunter » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:25 pm

Deets wrote:I like to see people get fighting mad about what kind of dog food to feed.
Me too, especially when you mention the (R) word. :lol:

Luminary Setters

Post by Luminary Setters » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:11 pm

Its the closest thing the bird dog world has to Jerry Springer.
Hunter Payne

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:39 am

ROFLMBO thanks.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

41magsnub

Post by 41magsnub » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:42 pm

I joined because all of the other forums I poke my head in, might have a "hunting section" but are not areal resource. Threads get derailed too quickly. An example would be asking about tips to help steady the dog to flush, and immediately some dude starts ranting about how steady isn't necessary. The next guy starts blathering about his deer dogs. Then somehow it turns into a discussion on trucks.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:34 am

Not a clue. The mind is the first thing to go! :mrgreen: I like most people that like dog's, reason enough.
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!