Tiger muskies

gotpointers

Tiger muskies

Post by gotpointers » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:05 am

Pictures from last weekend.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

magspa

Re: Tiger muskies

Post by magspa » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:11 am

Nice tiger musky! did you catch that in NM? i didnt know yal have them there..they are one reason i miss living in PA, although coastal TX has good fishing too

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:21 am

magspa wrote:Nice tiger musky! did you catch that in NM? i didnt know yal have them there..they are one reason i miss living in PA, although coastal TX has good fishing too
Thanks, they were all caught at Bluewater lake in NM. They were introduced as fingerlings to help out with the goldfish problem. We caught and released 23 fish between 22"-32". There are many people coming from Minnesota and Wisconsin to fish for them and one of them held the state record for a while last year. There was a report of a 9 year old girl reeling in a trout and ended up landing a really big tiger muskie.

Coastal Texas Red's are definitely fun I'm sure. Also the big Texas black bass probably keep you busy. There is getting to be no water here in NM. I drive a minimum of 100 miles to get my boat in the water. If you decide to head this way give me a call.

campgsp

Post by campgsp » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:25 am

Awesome!! Love them muskies!

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:27 am

Wow, who knew there were muskies in NM? Nice fish.

Rod W

Post by Rod W » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:56 pm

Nice fish GP, the Tiger Muskie has to be one of the prettiest fish around! Glad to hear they are doing so well in NM. I live in the township of Phelps, Wi. where many of the record Tiger Muskies come from. My recently departed cousin, had on display the world record, that he purchased for $250 after finding it in someones attic (he was a painter) that also owned the Minnow Bucket, bait stand, built by my dad, uncles and grandfather. He also had the 3rd and 4th largest tigers on display. Most were taken from Lac Vieux Desert, here in Phelps.
All tackle- heaviest- John Knobla, 51-3oz,LVD, 7/17/19,
Delores Ott Lapp, ( a personal friend) this fish is on display at Tadpole's Sportshop in Eagle River, LVD, 50-4 oz, unlimited class, 6/28/51,
Tom Vitale, 50 # class, 29-2 oz, 7/4/02 Kentuck Lk is about 4 miles down the rd from me
Tom Gelb, 80# class, Vilas Cty Lk, NT, Here in Phelps, 51-2oz, 11/30/06
"Democracy dies when the people wanting their government to take care of them outnumber those wanting to take care of themselves!"

We usually learn,, to overcome IGNORANCE,, but STUPIDITY cannot be overcome!!!

Life Member NRA

FirearmFan

Post by FirearmFan » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:19 am

Nice fish! I'm a pretty big musky fishermen but I have never caught a tiger (not for lack of trying).