Question for the electricians

jeff gruennert

Question for the electricians

Post by jeff gruennert » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:09 pm

I would like to run my cabin with a solar panel. I currently run off a 1500 watt Honda generator and would like to use that for back up and to charge my battery station. At max usage I would probably have 3 60 watt bulbs an older radio receiver and a 40 inch newer flat screen tv. Any suggestions on size of panel,inverter, size and number of batteries, kind of wire to use also if anybody could direct me to a good wiring diagram that would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for any responses.

ibbowhunting

Re: Question for the electricians

Post by ibbowhunting » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:17 pm

search backwoods homes than search jeffery yago their is alot of good info on small off the grid system wrote by him, i bought most of the major parts for my solar system for my hunting cabin but havn't installed it yet, fyi, i would find 12volt dc lighting and only run the inverter when your watching tv or useing 110 volt ac most inverter use power even if they have no load on them. i found some 3ft 12volt fluorescent lights brand new for $20 each (didnt even know they made such a thing) they are amazing i think there 36 watts each, i'm going to buy three more not that i need more light just for the rooms the are not in the main area of the cabin, right now i have two installed in my 12 x 28 cabin and run them off a boat battery