Kansas Turkeys??

birddogpete

Kansas Turkeys??

Post by birddogpete » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:29 pm

Hey guys and gals I was wondering if anyone on the board was from around the area between marysville - Mankato I was wondering about the turkey numbers in that area I haven't been out there in 3 yrs it was pretty good then but so was the upland hunting. My brother and I are thinking about coming out and want to try some Rio's. I'm not asking for GPS cordinance to your hot spots Lol just if the birds are still around in decent numbers we will be hunting wiha any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance!!

topher40
GDF Junkie

Re: Kansas Turkeys??

Post by topher40 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:41 pm

I dont know of anywhere in central to eastern Ks that ISNT infested with turkeys! Shouldnt be a problem finding them. Shoot as many as you can while you are here.
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine

birddogpete

Post by birddogpete » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:47 pm

topher40 wrote:I dont know of anywhere in central to eastern Ks that ISNT infested with turkeys! Shouldnt be a problem finding them. Shoot as many as you can while you are here.
Thanks you sir!!

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:54 pm

When you are done in Kansas, come to Maine. They are all the way up in the County. D%%$%$%$% things.
Rick
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

whatsnext

Post by whatsnext » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:36 am

I hunted around Belleville a few times this year and always saw Turkeys , my two oldest kids are taking a hunter safety course this March and hopefully we will get to try turkey hunting this spring in kansas.

Bberry20

Post by Bberry20 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:57 am

whatsnext wrote:I hunted around Belleville a few times this year and always saw Turkeys , my two oldest kids are taking a hunter safety course this March and hopefully we will get to try turkey hunting this spring in kansas.
I hunted north of Salina last year and saw tons of Turkeys, brother and dad got theres in the first 15 mins of daylight right across the field from each other on the first day. Pretty fun to watch! My other brother and myself had to wait until our last day there because of the 100 tornadoes that touchdown while we were there, but got both of ours as well. Good luck!

TSK

Post by TSK » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:16 am

topher40 wrote:I dont know of anywhere in central to eastern Ks that ISNT infested with turkeys! Shouldnt be a problem finding them. Shoot as many as you can while you are here.
I second what topher40 said!