Recent gun issues and the Navy!

Ghosted3

Recent gun issues and the Navy!

Post by Ghosted3 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:38 pm

I am a huge MMA fan, and tonight there was a UFC event on Fox. Long story short there was a commercial for the Navy and one comment popped out to me during the commercial "We are here to protect and reinforce the Constitution", along with everything else that they stand for. Does this mean we have the Navy on board to help us out when someone of these gun laws come back into the house or senate to vote on again? I just thought that the word usage was really interesting especially with the current state of our gun law situation. Thoughts?

Corry

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Re: Recent gun issues and the Navy!

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:09 pm

That's not how I would take it to mean but I didn't see it. Heads would be rolling if it was intended to be seditious. They are career officers that approve those commercials and they aren't going to risk 20-30 years and a lifelong retirement for something that hasn't happened yet.

Ghosted3

Re: Recent gun issues and the Navy!

Post by Ghosted3 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:59 pm

I am not silly enough to assume that to Nave would actually side with the citizens, but it was the word usage that caught me, combined with everything that was going on that I thought that was interesting.

Corry