Papered dogs

cole.nelson782

Papered dogs

Post by cole.nelson782 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:18 pm

I have a purebred lab. His sire was paper and champion trial dog. His mother was not papered, is there anyway through a blood test or anything to see about papering my lab. Its not a big deal just curious.

gotpointers

Re: Papered dogs

Post by gotpointers » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:14 am

You could probably go to ukc or ckc and get your dog registered. Akc you are not going to get Labrador paperwork from. You can get mixed breed papers though. Even if you knew who the female was and she was akc registered unless the owner or owners of both approve and put in for a litter registration. I have seen papered dogs that shouldn't be and some that were not that should be. It's all up to the breeder. There is really no confirmation from akc as for quality

cole.nelson782

Post by cole.nelson782 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:23 am

The thing is that his dame was never paper due to her sire not being papered. So im wondering if there is away to have his blood work done and somehow have him papered for breeding. I called my vets office to see if it was possible they told me it wasn't. If the parents weren't both registered dogs then he is just a lab. I have had people ask for my number so they could call me when their bitches reach breeding age cause they want him as a stud but as soon as i tell them he isn't papered they say nevermind.

jcbuttry8

Post by jcbuttry8 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:27 am

It sounds as though your dog will just be a good dog for you. It would be hard to get those papers if it were just the female not registered but since her sire was also not registered I think you are out of luck. If it doesn't really matter to you then I wouldn't worry about it. Just enjoy your dog.

Joe

cole.nelson782

Post by cole.nelson782 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:21 am

Oh I have been he goes everywhere with me. I just got him not to long ago a elderly guy on my street got to the point where he couldn't take care of him anymore and offered him to me. He is 3 years old but I am working on getting him ready for ducks next year.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:07 pm

DNA I.D. is only useful if BOTH parents' DNA is on record .

CKC is harder to register a dog with than the AKC .( CKC does not reconize the "Field Dog Studbook" registry for example.)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

cole.nelson782

Post by cole.nelson782 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:54 pm

So I am s.o.l then. Its no big deal just thought someone might have known an option. I'll keep researching maybe theres something.

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:03 pm

cole.nelson782 wrote:So I am s.o.l then. Its no big deal just thought someone might have known an option. I'll keep researching maybe theres something.
Its not just about proving if your dog is a pure bred, the registered owners of those dogs must give their consent, so not are you looking at consent of Sire but also of the sire and dam of the non-registered dam owners. One of those owners might have decided that one of there pups were not worthy of papers for one reason or the other. Hope this makes sense to you.