UTV question (Sorry if silly).

Ghosted3

UTV question (Sorry if silly).

Post by Ghosted3 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:38 am

I am wanting to get a utv, and my wife has agreed as long as I get one that will accommodate 4 people, but I have not seen a double seated UTV with doors. Do they make aftermarket doors for them or am I SoL? Thanks for the feedback, and sorry if it is a goofy question.

Corry

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Re: UTV question (Sorry if silly).

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:50 am

Ghosted3 wrote:I am wanting to get a utv, and my wife has agreed as long as I get one that will accommodate 4 people, but I have not seen a double seated UTV with doors. Do they make aftermarket doors for them or am I SoL? Thanks for the feedback, and sorry if it is a goofy question.

Corry
Why do you want doors?

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

UglyD

Post by UglyD » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:22 am

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:57 am

Yes they make aftermarket doors for about any configuration you would like, its going to cost you.

Ghosted3

Post by Ghosted3 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:30 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
Ghosted3 wrote:I am wanting to get a utv, and my wife has agreed as long as I get one that will accommodate 4 people, but I have not seen a double seated UTV with doors. Do they make aftermarket doors for them or am I SoL? Thanks for the feedback, and sorry if it is a goofy question.

Corry
Why do you want doors?

Ezzy
For when playing with the little ones in winter time if they want or need to get warm they can have the ability to do so, other than the children part I am not worried about it.

Corry

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:43 pm

Are you sure they even have heaters?

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Winchey

Post by Winchey » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:51 pm

I have been in a kubota with full cab, heat and ac, so ya. Probably be better off buying an old truck or jeep thou, from both a cost and performance perspective imo.

ibbowhunting

Post by ibbowhunting » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:59 pm

Check out rangerware that is a really nice stuff and they make cabs for a crew cab

Ghosted3

Post by Ghosted3 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:47 pm

ezzy333 wrote:Are you sure they even have heaters?

Ezzy
I know there are some of the 2 seaters that have heat n ac. Besides the point it wouldn't be much to get a small cup holder sized heater or 2 to keep it warm enough to make a difference.

Corry

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:16 am

You are in the price range of the best off road vehicle to roll off a factory line. A 2002-2006 jeep wrangler Rubicon. They have front and rear factory air lockers, Dana 44 axles with 4.10 gears instead of the Dana 35 and 380 something's. Along with a lower geared transfer case. My advice is to stick with that TJ model and not the 2007 to current Jk. I had to take a loss and dump my wife's jk at a big loss after four months of ownership.

Like I said on the other post take a tape measure to the Tj and the utv. Then add in the cab accessories and.the price of a trailer to the utv. The Rubicon will be cheaper at 17-20k and will have more off road ability. And you could alway take off the top and doors. then fold down the windshield and see what cold and dust is all about.

12Gauge

Post by 12Gauge » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:36 am

gotpointers wrote:You are in the price range of the best off road vehicle to roll off a factory line. A 2002-2006 jeep wrangler Rubicon. They have front and rear factory air lockers, Dana 44 axles with 4.10 gears instead of the Dana 35 and 380 something's. Along with a lower geared transfer case. My advice is to stick with that TJ model and not the 2007 to current Jk. I had to take a loss and dump my wife's jk at a big loss after four months of ownership.

Like I said on the other post take a tape measure to the Tj and the utv. Then add in the cab accessories and.the price of a trailer to the utv. The Rubicon will be cheaper at 17-20k and will have more off road ability. And you could alway take off the top and doors. then fold down the windshield and see what cold and dust is all about.
I could not agree more!

ibbowhunting

Post by ibbowhunting » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:52 pm

What does the jeep weigh

Ghosted3

Post by Ghosted3 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:51 pm

Sorry, it is a lot easier to fork out around 2.8k-5k for a used utv than 10k-20k for a jeep. I mean sure if the pocket book would allow me that would be a great idea, plus if bird hunting was my #1 thing that may help make a bit of a difference also.

Corry

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:09 am

My granddaughters have been driving my K Mule since they were 5, don't think they could with a Jeep.

As for the doors, I live in Arkansas and have never needed them, top and windshield yes. We go on what they call Mule rides year round. Gets a little cold we take hot chocolate breaks.

Used ones for sale are rare, took me 14 years of hard use to wear out the first one.

deke

Post by deke » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:16 pm

There is a reason why they dont come with doors. Tip one over into a creek and find out the hard way.

Ghosted3

Post by Ghosted3 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:56 pm

deke wrote:There is a reason why they dont come with doors. Tip one over into a creek and find out the hard way.
So 2 seaters dont tip, or the creeks are more forgiving for them? There are lots of 2 seaters with doors. Anyhoo, thank you all for the help and feedback it is much appreciated.

Corry

brad27

Post by brad27 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:12 pm

Doors are a PITA. I use a UTV where I train on the weekends. It would be alot better without them.

deke

Post by deke » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:05 am

Ghosted Talked to my buddy last night, he told me that most of the utv making companies do not put doors on because of the roll over hazard. He said that their is several places you can find a soft shell cover that will fit any utv model, and that is what he recommends to people when they come in asking.

morriskl

Post by morriskl » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:05 pm

deke wrote:Ghosted Talked to my buddy last night, he told me that most of the utv making companies do not put doors on because of the roll over hazard. He said that their is several places you can find a soft shell cover that will fit any utv model, and that is what he recommends to people when they come in asking.
Ghosted-
I can't speak for the positive or negative of having doors as I do not own one of these myself ( wish I did), but as a Tooling Engineer at an injection molding factory that makes many of the UTV, ATV, PWC parts out there, I can speak from first hand point of view. I know for a fact that Kawasaki makes a (4) seat Teryx4 that comes with blow molded doors. We make the colored TPO skins that go on the outside.

Here is link to their site...

http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/produc ... =27&id=557

Hope this helps...it will be a bit out of the price range you are talking though, and with it being only a year or so old, it will be tough to find one used probably.

Kevin

Ghosted3

Post by Ghosted3 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:53 pm

deke & morriskl, thanks for the feedback, I will check into aftermarket soft shell panel styles. Thanks again to everyone for all of the feedback its much appreciated.

Corry