Congrats to the Brits

fishvik

Congrats to the Brits

Post by fishvik » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:43 am

I just wanted to say the Brits put on a heck of an Olympics. I just wish I could have been there. They pulled it off with their Olympians doing a great job. And their humor was priceless, the Queen and James Bond in the opening ceremonies, the mayor of London saying they always do well in sports where they get to sit down (golds in equestrian, rowing and cycling) and the BBC commentators having no problem cheering on their track stars like a bunch of high school cheerleaders. The best example however of their good sportsmanship was their tolerating a national anthem played more than any other at gold medal ceremonies about how a fort withstood British bombardment in the War of 1812 and its nations flag still waved!

Trekmoor
GDF Junkie

Re: Congrats to the Brits

Post by Trekmoor » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:02 am

I thought we did well for a small country. The only blips I am aware of were the ticket allocations for some events and the bad blunder about which was North and which was South Korea ! We did quite well in the medal rankings too. I loved the comment about bums on seats = medals ! :lol:

Bill T.
The older I get, the better I was !

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:59 pm

I thought the Mayor of London getting stuck ziplining was priceless. Good show, Great Britain.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

JWP58

Post by JWP58 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:27 am

The opening and closing ceremonies were over the top and stupid. I thought you were supposed to honor the games and the athletes.....not drag up any/every crappy british one hit wonder.

The red coats failed again.
PSA: DO NOT SELL ANYTHING TO "MRCREOLE", HE WILL RIP YOU OFF, JUST LIKE HE HAS RIPPED ME OFF (I will not edit this signature until I am paid by him)

UglyD

Post by UglyD » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:57 am

Hey- talking about the WHO there- maybe the rest of them but not the WHO

SubMariner

Post by SubMariner » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:29 am

JWP58 wrote:The opening and closing ceremonies were over the top and stupid. I thought you were supposed to honor the games and the athletes.....not drag up any/every crappy british one hit wonder.

The Beatles, John Lennon, The Who... yup, "one hit wonders" all.

I guess it has escaped your notice that the opening & closing ceremonies are about the host country; the GAMES are about the athletes.
=SubMariner=
No matter where you go, there you are!

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:24 pm

SubMariner wrote:
JWP58 wrote:The opening and closing ceremonies were over the top and stupid. I thought you were supposed to honor the games and the athletes.....not drag up any/every crappy british one hit wonder.

The Beatles, John Lennon, The Who... yup, "one hit wonders" all.

I guess it has escaped your notice that the opening & closing ceremonies are about the host country; the GAMES are about the athletes.
I thought everyone knew this. Much like a welcomong speach and the closing speach at any event you go to.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.