Mancave ideas

deke

Mancave ideas

Post by deke » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:29 am

Just about to start the renovation of my downstairs man room. Got the pool table, flatscreen, and a few mounts. Was wondering if you guys had any ideas about what else i need down there. room is about 30 x 15 has a fire place already. Was thinking about doing up a nice set of dog kennels to go under the pool table? or maybe just a raised bed for the pups? I want to hear some good ideas because i am sort of stumped.

DogNewbie

Re: Mancave ideas

Post by DogNewbie » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:39 am

I've got a fly tying table in mine if you're a fly fisherman. Also a stereo is always nice. Super nintendo is a nice throw back addition too.

deke

Post by deke » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:20 pm

Always wanted to try fly fishing, just cant find anyone who does it. Got the stero and surround sound all ready to go. Nintendo would be cool to have though.

cstokes/southeast,ks

Post by cstokes/southeast,ks » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:56 pm

I have a desk with a gun vise that I use for cleaning guns in the man cave.
A refrigerator is a must, although is worth nothing if it isn’t stocked.
Also there’s an upland hunting magazine with in arms reach wherever you are sitting.
The walls are covered with hunting pictures to provide conversation for years to come.
Tv, stereo, and seating are standard.
Last but not least a shelf stocked with vodka.

deke

Post by deke » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:40 pm

Not a big vodka drinker, have the fridge out in the garage right out the door. Pictures would be good, do you put them all in frames, or make a coladge?

DogNewbie

Post by DogNewbie » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:00 pm

deke wrote:Always wanted to try fly fishing, just cant find anyone who does it. Got the stero and surround sound all ready to go. Nintendo would be cool to have though.
Do you realize you live in the state with some of the greatest fly fishing streams in the world? If you want to try it, you're in the right place. Call up a steel heading guide and tell him your situation and I'm sure he'll be more than happy to take your money and so your the ropes. Just be prepared to adopted another expensive hobby.

My man cave has more of the chaos look to it. I have beer mirrors/lights/memorabilia and wildlife pictures all over the walls and guns and flyrods in the corners of the room. My fly fishing float tube is leaning against the back wall and my hunting gear is hanging on hooks. It's the kinda man cave where you never have to clean it because no matter what it looks clustered and messy.

HUNT 24/7

Post by HUNT 24/7 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:03 pm

I have a gun safe in mine, some deer & moose sheds, lots of pictures, a huge book shelf with some books, hunting gear, old reloading gear, old bullet/shotgun shell boxes & other antique hunting/fishing memorabilia to mention a few things.

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:05 pm

I am building a 1600 sf bar room in the loft above my garage. I have saved a few old soft drink coolers and some old taxidermy mounts. Some Old saddles and signs. Gonna do an old western type theme. Looking for some old rusty cushman siver eagles. Or unrestored old indian, excelsior, henderson. The more rust and faded paint the better.

doco
Location: Massena, NY - on the Northermost US/Canadian Border

Post by doco » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:49 am

Imancaved my basement like a lodge. Outhouse toilet, gun cabinet, fake stone fireplace, and all tongue and groove wood on the walls, bear rug, surround sound, TV mounted in the wall above the fireplace, hunting closet, pull out sofas, all in a 13x15 room except the closet and outhouse. I try to get some pics of it up for you. I end up sleeping down there almost everynight. 4 girls in the house and only 2 bathrooms....I think you understand.
If You Ain't Lettin Lead Fly, Nothin Falls......

KJ's Hightailing Saddle x Von Grief's Abbey Road Litter
Whelped 12/23/2010

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=3061

FC Von Greif's Abbey Road
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=3059

FC/AFC Heidi Von Greif
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=3060

SpinoneIllinois

Post by SpinoneIllinois » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:43 pm

Install a stage. And a brass pole, from floor to ceiling. :wink:

deke

Post by deke » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:33 am

SpinoneIllinois wrote:Install a stage. And a brass pole, from floor to ceiling. :wink:

That might be the best idea i have heard.

Trekmoor
GDF Junkie

Post by Trekmoor » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:36 am

An old friend of mine's had a "mancave." It had fishing rods and reels, various guns, fly-tying stuff, stuffed fish in glass cases and also a framed document of his family tree. He proudly pointed it out to me on my first visit to his room. He was particularly proud of the entry for his gt. gt. Grandfather which read , " Hugh Mc. Tier .....hung for sheep stealing !" :lol: :lol:

Bill T.
The older I get, the better I was !