CMT's Worlds Strictest Parents...

prairiefirepointers

CMT's Worlds Strictest Parents...

Post by prairiefirepointers » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:19 pm

Ever watch this show? I have sit in on a couple episodes and everytime I do, I swear my blood pressure elevates to unsafe levels and I want to go find the parents of these kids and give them a good "Stoot Slap" :roll:
Jess Stucky
Prairie Fire Pointers & Supply
Pretty Prairie, KS
http://www.prairiefirepointers.com
http://www.prairiefirepointersupply.com
'Distinguished Dogs for the Discriminating Hunter'
Doesn't Your Dog Deserve The Best?

"Add clarity to your life, see through the eyes of a dog"

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Re: CMT's Worlds Strictest Parents...

Post by birddogger » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:25 pm

No, I have never watched this show but personally, I wouldn't take these types of shows seriously. I don't believe any of these so called "reality shows" are real.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:33 pm

Let's take all the "real cop shows" that are on the various cable channels. I don't mind them and they can be entertaining, but seriously, has anybody, anywhere, actually ever seen a TV crew riding along with any police officer as they take calls? :roll:

Charlie

Munster

Post by Munster » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:46 pm

I am trying to figure out what it is about. :?: :?:
http://www.huntwithamunster.com

Dealer for Dogtra, Ruff Tuff and Mud River Need a product, just ask.

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:04 pm

I watch it once in awhile. Those kids just lack discipline. When they go stay with the "strict" parents they are expected to act like civilized children, mind their manners, do their chores, respect their elders, and go to school. Most of them just need a good a%$ whoopin and something to occupy their free time like a job or chores.

Big Dave

Post by Big Dave » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:04 pm

Chores and jobs, man Tommy you're tough. Chores, jobs and ball practice kept many of us out of trouble and taught us team work and responsibility while we were kids. It is hard for me to tell just how staged some of these shows are.

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:15 pm

Don't get me wrong Dave, I still got into minor trouble when I was young. Typical teenage stuff like fighting and drinking under age but back then that was common and we all held summer jobs and participated in sports and went to high school in the fall. I have a spotless criminal record not even a traffic ticket in the last 10 years. The chief of police in our town from back then is now a court deputy for the sheriff's office where I work and we reminisce about my exploits back in the day and he jokes about how surprised he is about how I turned out to be in law enforcement. :lol: We also hunted and worked over breaks during school. Not like the young adolescents I see come through the jail I work in now. These kids have no discipline, no respect for authority, most of them flunked out or were kicked out of school, they have never held jobs and have no interest in it when they leave jail, they are into drugs, car theft, burglary, robbery, and forcing themselves on young high school and junior high girls now not the petty stuff we were into back when I was in high school. I will only be 40 years old this summer but kids sure have changed a lot since I was younger.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:48 pm

tommy boy 72 wrote:Don't get me wrong Dave, I still got into minor trouble when I was young. Typical teenage stuff like fighting and drinking under age but back then that was common and we all held summer jobs and participated in sports and went to high school in the fall. I have a spotless criminal record not even a traffic ticket in the last 10 years. The chief of police in our town from back then is now a court deputy for the sheriff's office where I work and we reminisce about my exploits back in the day and he jokes about how surprised he is about how I turned out to be in law enforcement. :lol: We also hunted and worked over breaks during school. Not like the young adolescents I see come through the jail I work in now. These kids have no discipline, no respect for authority, most of them flunked out or were kicked out of school, they have never held jobs and have no interest in it when they leave jail, they are into drugs, car theft, burglary, robbery, and forcing themselves on young high school and junior high girls now not the petty stuff we were into back when I was in high school. I will only be 40 years old this summer but kids sure have changed a lot since I was younger.
There are still a lot of good young people out there but I see so many of the ones you are speaking about. Attitudes and behavior that I never saw when I was growing up. The ones you speak of have absolutely no respect for anything or anybody! It is obscene lack of discipline, single parents, broken homes, etc. When I was growing up, divorce was rare [at least where I grew up] and people did the little things, such as sitting at a table and having meals and conversations together. From what I see, that is almost non existent now days. IMO, we as a culture and country are in huge trouble. As you say Tom, we got into minor trouble from time to time and when we did, we paid for it and most of us had enough respect for our parents, teachers, and any other authoritative figure that we turned out OK. There is much more that could be said but I will leave it at that and besides it is getting off the original topic.

Charlie

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:10 pm

tommyboy72 wrote:Don't get me wrong Dave, I still got into minor trouble when I was young. Typical teenage stuff like fighting and drinking under age but back then that was common and we all held summer jobs and participated in sports and went to high school in the fall. I have a spotless criminal record not even a traffic ticket in the last 10 years. The chief of police in our town from back then is now a court deputy for the sheriff's office where I work and we reminisce about my exploits back in the day and he jokes about how surprised he is about how I turned out to be in law enforcement. :lol: We also hunted and worked over breaks during school. Not like the young adolescents I see come through the jail I work in now. These kids have no discipline, no respect for authority, most of them flunked out or were kicked out of school, they have never held jobs and have no interest in it when they leave jail, they are into drugs, car theft, burglary, robbery, and forcing themselves on young high school and junior high girls now not the petty stuff we were into back when I was in high school. I will only be 40 years old this summer but kids sure have changed a lot since I was younger.
Your such a bully tom.... I bet you were just like the guy on the Kayak.com commercial (Frank Reardon) in High School!
Probably went around calling people dilhewpointers. LMAO
Jess Stucky
Prairie Fire Pointers & Supply
Pretty Prairie, KS
http://www.prairiefirepointers.com
http://www.prairiefirepointersupply.com
'Distinguished Dogs for the Discriminating Hunter'
Doesn't Your Dog Deserve The Best?

"Add clarity to your life, see through the eyes of a dog"

Big Dave

Post by Big Dave » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:30 pm

I have worked in corrections for 21 years and laziness is the number one cause of a criminal lifestyle in my opinion. I have also been a coach, official and supporter of youth athletics. Tommy, I was just teasing ya man!

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:22 pm

I have worked in corrections for 21 years and laziness is the number one cause of a criminal lifestyle in my opinion
And what causes that? :wink:

Charlie

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:22 am

Hey...I'm kinda lazy :mrgreen: . But I'm pretty happy :D .
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:48 am

It's ok Dave. I was also a football coach at the college level as a student job when I was going to college and that was just a few years ago when I finished up but kids didn't take criticism, discipline and coaching the way we did back in the day. They also don't push themselves physically or mentally the way we did. If they got tired or sprained a pinky finger or got out of breath they gave up and when you got onto them they wanted to argue. We would have never even thought of that when I played ball high school or college ball back in the 90's. I am learning from all of this and have 2 sons. One is 5 years old and the other is 3 years old and I will be making sure they don't turn out like these other young punks as they grow up.

Darn Jess you found me out. Mullet and all. :lol: