Political Survey Call Scam

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Political Survey Call Scam

Post by Greg Jennings » Mon May 07, 2012 9:59 am

There is a scam going around here. You get a robo call asking you to take a quick political survey. At the end, to compensate you for your time, they'll offer you a free cruise.

It's a scam. The phone numbers used are spoofed.

FWIW,

Greg J.

fireangel

Re: Political Survey Call Scam

Post by fireangel » Tue May 08, 2012 11:45 am

Thanks for the heads up!

topher40
GDF Junkie

Post by topher40 » Tue May 08, 2012 12:23 pm

I have been getting that call for a couple of weeks twice a week. Pain in the @ss if you ask me......
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Wed May 09, 2012 8:40 am

I have't heard that one. I'd have a hard time buying that just for taking a survey on the phone, anyone would reward me with a cruise. Maybe I have got it come to think of it. When I pick up the phone and I start hearing a pitch, someone ask's for me of they get a smooth voice and say: "good morning Mr -----". they get hung up on right away. I made the mistake of donating to a charity years ago and to this day still get calls to give to charity, I hang up on them. Many of those calls have a dead spot before it starts. I say hello and you don't answer right back, I hang up. I hang up on most calls after 8pm, I'm getting ready for bed then.

There was a couple thast lived in town that got a letter advising them they'd won a new truch. To get they're truck they had to fill out a questioneer and mail them $500, they did it! You won't believ e this but they never got their truck! Blows me away!
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!