ckirsch

Re: uncle ted, the poacher?

Post by ckirsch » Tue May 01, 2012 10:10 pm

oK JIm! THANKS for CLEARING that uP!

jcbuttry8

Post by jcbuttry8 » Wed May 02, 2012 5:22 am

ezzy333 wrote:
twofeathers wrote:Our local DNR I've known for a long time, even before he was the DNR and he will tell you take any group of hunters out and before they make it 50Yds he could find someone to write a ticket. Not to say that he does but rather there are more laws than what gets posted in your regulations pamphlet. I've had to ask him a few questions that I could not find any law about that he had to contact state authorities and still took a week to find the answer. Just saying the laws do not always tell you what you CAN do rather what you shouldn't do and those are even sometimes vague.
The thing that proves it to me is you can not get to DNR Officers to agree on what the rule book says as they all have different interpretation of what the laws say.

Ezzy
+1

If your looking for a little confusion grab yourself a copy of the new jersey regulations. We had some questions about them and went to the local office and asked and not one of the wardens would give us a straight answer. They don't want to make a decision until they see you in the field, then they make a decision and write the ticket.

He messed up, he is paying his dues. Is it his first time? No, but He is taking care of it. No matter what you think of him, he is doing alot to keep this sport going. Yes, he needs to read more but we could all use a few more like him fighting for our rights to keep hunting.

Joe

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Wed May 02, 2012 10:03 am

Game Laws are also written for loose interpretation to allow for judgement calls regarding intent.....

The judges who hear game cases usually don't know the first thing about the laws or situations that arise surrounding those laws......
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

asc

Post by asc » Wed May 02, 2012 10:49 am

markj wrote:
By the way, do all of you quit hunting deer when you hit one with your truck and kill it when you are on your way to your hunting area?
I call 911, the deputy gives me a salvage tag and I go hunt. Isnt this the way it is in yer state? I bet it is.
Nope, in Fl. we are allowed two bucks per day or one doe and one buck if it's doe days. Hit one with the truck, throw it in the back and go hunting :D
Good whiskey,good dogs, no BS!

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Wed May 02, 2012 10:57 am

asc wrote:
markj wrote:
By the way, do all of you quit hunting deer when you hit one with your truck and kill it when you are on your way to your hunting area?
I call 911, the deputy gives me a salvage tag and I go hunt. Isnt this the way it is in yer state? I bet it is.
Nope, in Fl. we are allowed two bucks per day or one doe and one buck if it's doe days. Hit one with the truck, throw it in the back and go hunting :D
Wow, we are allowed one a season in most cases, you buy a buck tag and can apply for a doe tag (either way you can only shoot one).

asc

Post by asc » Wed May 02, 2012 2:58 pm

Wow, we are allowed one a season in most cases, you buy a buck tag and can apply for a doe tag (either way you can only shoot one).[/quote]

We have very liberal bag limits on deer and a long season. In my zone bow season starts in mid Sept. and the season runs continuousuly through crossbow, muzzleloader, and general gun thru the 3rd weekend in Jan. :D
Good whiskey,good dogs, no BS!

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Thu May 03, 2012 9:13 am

I would check with the DNR on deer hit by a car or truck. I doubt it is added to yer tag, what about out of season car hits? or folks without a permit hits a deer? cant they keep it as we can here in Iowa? officers give out a salvage tag, no cost for it, the 250 deductable is what kills me on insurance.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Sun May 06, 2012 3:37 am

ultracarry wrote:Well here is a different way to look at it.

If the officer completes the documents, submits them to his supervisor who approves them, forwards them to the district attorney who believes they have a case, then the attorney puts everything on the table, then the defense attorney takes his clients (defendants) testimony and evidence on the table. I think the judge has an unbiased opinion (unless in the 9th district) to give a ruling....

So if that is your name, your cause you have always been fighting for, and you honor... And you were innocent. You would prob fight for your innocence. BTW money is not an issue in this because he could have also had a public defender represent him.

BTW a house made out of thin single pain glass should not have been approved by the building inspector Ezzy.
It doesn't quite work this way. First off there is no supervisor to approve the document which is called a PC or affidavit of probable cause. It is submitted by the officer and is his rendition of what happened. The arrest is made based on the PC and the bond for the individual is usually set over the telephone after the judge has read the PC with not much investigation into the arrestees side of the story. That side is not given until court. Normally the individual will either bond out or in some cases will sit in jail for up to a week before receiving an IA or initial appearance which is basically the opportunity for the judge to meet the individual and assign a court date which can be up to 2 weeks from the time of the initial appearance, keep in mind the IA is not the time for the judge to hear the arrestees side of the story but only a time to meet the arrestee and set a court date. If an arrestee chooses to use a public defender his court date is delayed even longer to give an already overextended public defender an opportunity to meet with a client at least a couple of times before court and to ready a defense or at least the best defense that limited time allows. Much of the time the DA is not involved in the entire process until fees and costs are levied and it is time to pay them. Occasionally the DA will intervene on behalf of the accused but mostly they let the judge decide based on the PC so the DA is left out of the equation all together. Sentencing as far as length of time is not written in stone and is left to the judge as is the bond amount. Also let it be known that inmates are required to pay to stay in jail meaning they pay at our jail $50 a day for every day they are incarcerated in our facility. I only tell you this because I want to give you a perspective on why a man who made a simple mistake might choose to plead guilty to a lesser charge. A) to avoid spending a lengthy stay in a jail cell until his case can be heard, B) to avoid paying a huge amount of money before ever paying the actual fines for the crime committed, C) to avoid a lengthy court battle, D) to avoid paying a lawyer a huge payroll just to clear your name when the media is only going to slander you anyway. What you people living the land of milk and honey need to realize is that law enforcement is not about justice anymore it is about the all mighty dollar and how much you can make for the county or state you reside in. I work in law enforcement but do not always agree with the course that law enforcement is taking.

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Sun May 06, 2012 5:41 pm

Tommy stick to what you know. You might be within the scope of law enforcement but again the previous posts you have made about handling inmates is nothing that a police officer or even a deputy sheriff working in detentions would make. Even made a few people on this site mad. Seeing an officer is supposed to protect every one.... Even if they just harmed your family member or friend.

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Sun May 06, 2012 9:18 pm

markj wrote:I would check with the DNR on deer hit by a car or truck. I doubt it is added to yer tag, what about out of season car hits? or folks without a permit hits a deer? cant they keep it as we can here in Iowa? officers give out a salvage tag, no cost for it, the 250 deductable is what kills me on insurance.
If you are referring to my post, you are right, MN does offer road kill permits that have no effect on your hunting license.

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Tue May 08, 2012 4:41 pm

Ultracarry I realize you are from California so you know everything but I was just trying to explain to you how the court system actually works here in Oklahoma not sway your opinion one way or the other. I also have college degrees in finance, business management and marketing but I guess I will just keep my mouth shut on those subjects as well according to you. I really don't care who I make mad on this site especially and specifically you. If you don't like what I have to say then do like all liberal media outlets and censor or ban me. Perhaps before you talk about something you obviously have limited knowledge of you should think twice. I am done posting on this thread.

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Tue May 08, 2012 11:03 pm

Lol.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Wed May 09, 2012 8:30 am

markj wrote:I would check with the DNR on deer hit by a car or truck. I doubt it is added to yer tag, what about out of season car hits? or folks without a permit hits a deer? cant they keep it as we can here in Iowa? officers give out a salvage tag, no cost for it, the 250 deductable is what kills me on insurance.
Great! If you hit a deer with your vehicle and it count's against you license, if you not a hunter does that make you a poacher?
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Thu May 10, 2012 11:45 am

Great! If you hit a deer with your vehicle and it count's against you license, if you not a hunter does that make you a poacher?
Only if you intended to hit the thing :)
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

sckwest1

Post by sckwest1 » Thu May 10, 2012 3:26 pm

I just purchased tickets to see Ted in concert on Tues. and I gotta tell you that I'm pretty fired up! I am looking forward to a great show and the music is what I expect from Ted. The outdoorsman is just a bonus. SCK

sckwest1

Post by sckwest1 » Wed May 16, 2012 12:14 am

Just got home from seeing Uncle Ted in concert. At 63 yrs young that man can still rock and put on a great show!!! Keep on rockin Ted, SCK

JIM K

Post by JIM K » Wed May 16, 2012 12:29 am

sckwest1 wrote:Just got home from seeing Uncle Ted in concert. At 63 yrs young that man can still rock and put on a great show!!! Keep on rockin Ted, SCK

oh hummmmmmmmmm :P