bird launcher recommendations

Robbw

bird launcher recommendations

Post by Robbw » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:01 pm

Hello,

I'm looking for recommendations of bird launchers. I'll be using pigeons and chukar. There are several models and they aren't cheap. Interested in recommendations based on your experience with them.

Thanks,
Rob

tekoa

Re: bird launcher recommendations

Post by tekoa » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:58 pm

This is always a topic of discussion on this forum.Search for "launchers" and you'll get over 2000 posts with recommendations, including several from me recommending Higgins releasers...................

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:26 pm

I have always used DT launchers. Reasonably priced reliable and quiet. I have had one for a very long time, at least twenty years. I had to replace the receiver last year they did that for around eighty dollars.
I am not real good at launcher training and have had some dogs develop issues with them, as soon as the pup will let me walk in front and flush I use kickers..Cj

Robbw

Post by Robbw » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:07 am

Thank you for your advice. I'll do a search like I should have in the first place. :-)

SwitchGrassWPG

Post by SwitchGrassWPG » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:09 pm

I like my DTs. What I like most is the standard 9v battery that powers them. If you look hard enough you can find them for a decent price. When I bought mine a few years ago, I found some for a little over $200 each.
Only thing worse than a bad dog is no dog at all...

http://www.switchgrasswpg.com

deseeker

Post by deseeker » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:19 pm

I like my DT 509 launchers as well(I have 2 & my buddy has 2 DT 509s as well). I like the door on the end to load the bird in the launcher and I like the batteries being 9 volt. The 509 will hold quail/pigeon/or chukar--anything bigger then that you will need their bigger launcher. They have been very dependable for my training buddy and I.