Pigeon question

oldbeek

Pigeon question

Post by oldbeek » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:32 pm

I have a pair that produce chicks consistently. Problem is I think the cock is killing the peeps. Found pecked to death shortly after they leave the nest box. Twice now. At what age can I move the peeps into another cage to protect them? This pair is in an old loft by them selves.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Re: Pigeon question

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:47 pm

oldbeek wrote:I have a pair that produce chicks consistently. Problem is I think the cock is killing the peeps. Found pecked to death shortly after they leave the nest box. Twice now. At what age can I move the peeps into another cage to protect them? This pair is in an old loft by them selves.
You can move them with the mother anytime after they are ready to get out of the nest but she will need to feed them for a few more days.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

oldbeek

Post by oldbeek » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:21 pm

thank you

oldbeek

Post by oldbeek » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:57 am

Since they were in an old loft by their selves, I decided to lock that nasty old rooster out for 7 days till they learn to eat. He is really unhappy.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:05 pm

that happen's to me now and then and I had no idea what to do. Last year I had a few like that and I caught them and put them in a separate cage and fed them by themselves till they got a lot bigger. Boy those little guy's break my heart when that happen's.
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!