WTB pigeons in central oklahoma

Deets

WTB pigeons in central oklahoma

Post by Deets » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:30 pm

I need to buy a few pigeons for my new loft. Does anyone know where I can buy some in central Oklahoma?

GSP4ME

Re: WTB pigeons in central oklahoma

Post by GSP4ME » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:50 am

There's usually some on craigslist.

I see that you're in Edmond. There's a ton that hang out around Life Church at Penn and 178th and the CVS across the street. I live close to that intersection so I think I might just try my hand at trapping birds to use within a day or two.

CCBIRDDOGMAN

Post by CCBIRDDOGMAN » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:56 am

I have some but closest I will be to Oklahoma is Dallas. If you still need some when bird season rolls around, I have a lease near Waurika. Or if you want to take a drive one Saturday, I could meet you somehwere .

reba

Post by reba » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:00 am

I would ask at the feed store. Catching a few at $5 each is good business.

Remember they will fly back to the feed store, so you can buy them again. It's good business.

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:30 am

Deets wrote:I need to buy a few pigeons for my new loft. Does anyone know where I can buy some in central Oklahoma?
How many are you looking for? I have several young homers and more coming. I am in Piedmont.

Deets

Post by Deets » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:11 pm

ACooper wrote:
Deets wrote:I need to buy a few pigeons for my new loft. Does anyone know where I can buy some in central Oklahoma?
How many are you looking for? I have several young homers and more coming. I am in Piedmont.
I only needed 4, I ended up getting some from a guy in Dibble. Wish I would have seen this sooner, I live in Surry Hills.

Kellym

Post by Kellym » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:47 am

Deets wrote:
ACooper wrote:
I only needed 4, I ended up getting some from a guy in Dibble. Wish I would have seen this sooner, I live in Surry Hills.
Ha! he was at your back door! I used to live in Piedmont! Lost Everything in the tornado in 2011. Dogs all survived but lost Horses and pigeon loft was gone. I had a couple of pigeons that came back (how they survived in beyond me) and would hang out on what was left of my barn.