Locked Threads

BigShooter
GDF Junkie

Locked Threads

Post by BigShooter » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:57 pm

I haven't participated in a locked thread for a while now but .....if it's a thread I'm involved in, the only problem I have with a locked thread is if I'm not the one to get in the last word just before the thread is locked! Like lots of things in life, "timing is everything" ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mark

Willows Back In The Saddle
Tall Pines Hits The Spot
Tall Pines Queen Eleanor
Bo Dixie's Rocky
TALL PINES MOONBEAM

If it ain't broke - fix it

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Re: Locked Threads

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:06 pm

BigShooter wrote:I haven't participated in a locked thread for a while now but .....if it's a thread I'm involved in, the only problem I have with a locked thread is if I'm not the one to get in the last word just before the thread is locked! Like lots of things in life, "timing is everything" ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You know that is the biggest problem I have when I have had to lock one. I hate when the last word is the idiot that is causing the problem.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:12 pm

gpblitz wrote:I feel I had a part in the latest thread being locked. Earlier today I sent Greg a PM.
Greg I'm sorry for my part in having this thread locked. IMO it should be Ross and I being repamanded vs. this young mans thread being locked. Thanks, Howie Hill

My apology to you all. :oops:
What a nice way to man up. Not sure you were the problem but at least you show you can and will take responsibility when needed. I was also involved and I hope we all were trying to steer it back on course but sometimes it just doesn't work.

Thanks Howie

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:30 pm

Well I was involved in a thread months back that got me reprimaned by Grant & I quit the board because of it.I ask the particular person that kept calling me out to stop & I would stop but he wouldn't & I didn't ether.We all have something said to us or say something we should't at times it's human nature but hopefully are mature enough to get over it. :wink:

BigShooter
GDF Junkie

Post by BigShooter » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:00 pm

ezzy333 wrote: I hate when the last word is the idiot that is causing the problem. Ezzy
Careful there Ezzy, I might "resemble that remark" ! :wink: :lol: :lol: On the other hand I've been called worse! :lol:
Mark

Tall Pines Hits The Spot
Tall Pines Queen Eleanor
Bo Dixie's Rocky
TALL PINES MOONBEAM

Yawallac
GDF Junkie

Post by Yawallac » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:52 pm

No, I believe that was directed to me and I wonder if Ezzy would call me an idiot ...in person. :mrgreen:

I'm about done being bullied by the Mods here. I have been called an Egotist by one and an Idiot by another.

Nice place Rob, I'll see ya.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:22 pm

We have a policy here of not allowing members, including moderators to be threatened. The deed is, regrettably, done.

viewtopic.php?f=103&t=24149

Greg J

jakemaster

Post by jakemaster » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:38 pm

Yawallac wrote:No, I believe that was directed to me and I wonder if Ezzy would call me an idiot ...in person.

So is this a threat??

Coveyrise64

Post by Coveyrise64 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:58 pm

gpblitz wrote:I feel I had a part in the latest thread being locked. Earlier today I sent Greg a PM.
Greg I'm sorry for my part in having this thread locked. IMO it should be Ross and I being repamanded vs. this young mans thread being locked. Thanks, Howie Hill

My apology to you all. :oops:
Touble maker.......! :mrgreen:

I try to avoid such discussions. Arguing with an idiot is a no win situation, "They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience".

Coveyrise64
VC TJ's Highfalutin Hawkeye MH, UTI R.I.P. 4/29/05-12/18/18

Thunderhead's All Jacked Up R.I.P. "My Buddy" 9/9/09-1/27/14

VC TJ's Miss Filson MH, UTI R.I.P. 5/13/03-10/15/14

"I'd rather train for perfection than fix the problems of mediocrity" ~ Me

BigShooter
GDF Junkie

Post by BigShooter » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:24 pm

All of us, even the mods can get worked up. Members & mods have generally have done a pretty job of avoiding the use of derogatory terms as they are unnecessarily offensive & add nothing to the conversation. I wish we could all get by without using terms like idiot or egotist but I know that's not always going to happen when tempers flare. I know I wish I were gifted with the ability to "be slow to anger and quick to forgive". I also wish all of my comments were positive encouragement & I was always able to avoid providing criticism & judgment.

I do understand Greg's absolute intolerance of any perceived threats & I respect the jobs the mods have done in not allowing the GDF to go up in flames as many forums have been known to do. Time to move on.

... "Tis the season to be jolly" ... "Goodwill to all men". From the land of the collapsed Metrodome Roof ..... Happy Holidays Everyone !! :D
Mark

Tall Pines Hits The Spot
Tall Pines Queen Eleanor
Bo Dixie's Rocky
TALL PINES MOONBEAM

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:43 pm

Yawallac wrote:No, I believe that was directed to me and I wonder if Ezzy would call me an idiot ...in person. :mrgreen:

I'm about done being bullied by the Mods here. I have been called an Egotist by one and an Idiot by another.

Nice place Rob, I'll see ya.
how very middle school of you :roll:

Im sure these juvenile exchanges do much for business, but hey Ive seen businesses cut their own throats before, nothing new.
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno