What ARE the benefits of GDF Membership?

admin

What ARE the benefits of GDF Membership?

Post by admin » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:12 pm

Do y'all mind telling me what you think the benefits of being a REGISTERED MEMBER to GDF are?

I'm trying to make the REGISTER page a little bit less ominous. Right now it looks pretty scary!

By accessing “Gun Dog Forum” (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “Gun Dog Forum”, “http://gundogforum.com/forum”), you agree to be legally bound by ....

What would tell a friend and fellow GUNDOGGER who was just lurking, and never bothered to register? WHY should they register? Besides CONTESTS I mean!

-- ROB

PS I changed the HEADER so if you're NOT logged in, it shows this PROMPT to get folks to sign up
register.png
and when you ARE logged in, why would you need to sign up, so it shows the old one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-- ROB SNELL,
DOG TRAINING DIGITAL LLC

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Re: What ARE the benefits of GDF Membership?

Post by Greg Jennings » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:29 pm

Help from experienced trainers.
Make connections with other Gundog affianados.
Post items for sale and wanted to buy.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:35 pm

A place to meet people with the same interest as you
A place to learn as well as share knowledge.
An extrenely interesting place to spend some time.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:44 pm

I didn't read the fine print...so I was never skeered! :D

Training knowledge
Breeder connections...bought a pup from a member
Sharing...seeing other folks dogs, wins, countryside, etc--and being able to share mine
Meeting new people in my own backyard...some who live just down the road from me...and some who I have now actually hunted and trained with

(D.D...I bet your still laughing about the training day where I stepped on my dogs checkcord and she flipped me on my butt. :oops: Ahhh, what a first impression! :D )

admin

Post by admin » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:52 pm

this is great! keep 'em coming. -- r
-- ROB SNELL,
DOG TRAINING DIGITAL LLC

BigShooter
GDF Junkie

Post by BigShooter » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:12 pm

It's an opportunity to add to the maketing data & demographics for the new owners. :wink:

BTW I am a very satisfied GDS customer. :lol:
Mark

Willows Back In The Saddle
Tall Pines Hits The Spot
Tall Pines Queen Eleanor
Bo Dixie's Rocky
TALL PINES MOONBEAM

If it ain't broke - fix it

admin

Post by admin » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:22 pm

BigShooter wrote:It's an opportunity to add to the maketing data & demographics for the new owners. :wink:

BTW I am a very satisfied GDS customer. :lol:
Thanks! Glad to hear it. I'll try to get Steve over here some, but his wagon is loaded this time of year. He's got a great team!

The main thing I've learned so far is how much work MODS do. I've been on USENET/boards/forums/BBSs since 1990 (?) but never as a mod or admin. HOLY COW. No one ever sees what these folks do unless you're in the back room, and we're trying to make sure they feel appreciated.

I *AM* learning a lot about what folks are interested in, but looking at FORUM traffic compared to online store traffic is night and day... It's hard to look at a pile of traffic and see who got what they wanted and who didn't. With retail, it's pretty easy! ;)
-- ROB SNELL,
DOG TRAINING DIGITAL LLC

proudag08

Post by proudag08 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:54 pm

From a guy that just joined...

The ability to use the members (of which some are extremely experienced and knowledgeable) be your "google" so to speak... of course this is bettr because they get to the meat of it quick!

The people on here are "good folk" as we say in the South and will never hesitate to take a call, email, PM, or post to help a guy out.

If you are willing to take the advice and try their suggestions they are willing to give it 77x over!

Youre doing exactly the right thing here, asking the members what they like... keep it up!

bowhunter1221975

Post by bowhunter1221975 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:36 pm

this site is a great place to meet new freinds and find NEW pups like i did Thanks chris :lol: :lol: :lol:
RICHARD NANCE

TAK

Post by TAK » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:50 am

To argue points! Some may think that is bad, but I tell ya that when ya argue things you learn things. To argue you learn from both sides of the table! There is some real good dog people that argue one thing or another.

Ya also learn what is moven and shackin in some other state.... Without the net. most times nobody knows what is going on just a state away or two.

admin

Post by admin » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:57 pm

TAK wrote:To argue points! Some may think that is bad, but I tell ya that when ya argue things you learn things. To argue you learn from both sides of the table! There is some real good dog people that argue one thing or another.
As long as the "arguments" are civil discussions and don't violate the terms of service, I'm all for passionate discussion! -- r
-- ROB SNELL,
DOG TRAINING DIGITAL LLC

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:12 pm

Networking is the big appeal of any forum. However, with the association between this forum and GDS, I'm looking forward to promotions between the two. Maybe a special coupon code on GDF that enables a GDS to get a bonus offer, like a life sized laminated cutout of Steve Snell in a bathing suit.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

asc

Post by asc » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:41 pm

It's a good site overall... A few overinflated ego's but still a good informative site. Learned quite a lot here. Thanks, Art..
Good whiskey,good dogs, no BS!

admin

Post by admin » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:33 pm

Cajun Casey wrote:Networking is the big appeal of any forum. However, with the association between this forum and GDS, I'm looking forward to promotions between the two. Maybe a special coupon code on GDF that enables a GDS to get a bonus offer, like a life sized laminated cutout of Steve Snell in a bathing suit.
Wow... I'll have to share THAT one! -- r
-- ROB SNELL,
DOG TRAINING DIGITAL LLC

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:06 pm

There is more info on this forum than I care to list. I feel like I already know a lot of people that I have never met and the ones I have met are good people!! It is great to discuss bird dogs and hunting with people all across the country and Canada that are as passionate about gun dogs as I am. It has added a whole new dimension to my hobby. I would have never known of the excellent breeding of my recent puppy had it not been for this site.

BTW, I didn't find the registration process to be a big deal or intimidating at all.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

Coveyrise64

Post by Coveyrise64 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:43 am

Cajun Casey wrote:Networking is the big appeal of any forum. However, with the association between this forum and GDS, I'm looking forward to promotions between the two. Maybe a special coupon code on GDF that enables a GDS to get a bonus offer, like a life sized laminated cutout of Steve Snell in a bathing suit.
Kinda curious what you would do with a "life sized laminated cutout of Steve Snell in a bathing suit" and how it relates to dog training? Just asking......

Coveyrise64
VC TJ's Highfalutin Hawkeye MH, UTI R.I.P. 4/29/05-12/18/18

Thunderhead's All Jacked Up R.I.P. "My Buddy" 9/9/09-1/27/14

VC TJ's Miss Filson MH, UTI R.I.P. 5/13/03-10/15/14

"I'd rather train for perfection than fix the problems of mediocrity" ~ Me

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:13 pm

Coveyrise64 wrote:
Kinda curious what you would do with a "life sized laminated cutout of Steve Snell in a bathing suit" and how it relates to dog training? Just asking......

Coveyrise64

Play "Pin a tail on the Donkey" and then use it for "BACKING" training.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:19 pm

Coveyrise64 wrote:Kinda curious what you would do with a "life sized laminated cutout of Steve Snell in a bathing suit" and how it relates to dog training? Just asking......

Coveyrise64
Use it for photo ops at our Quail Forever banquets. Chicks dig Steve, I hear. Might draw some new participants.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Don
GDF Junkie

Post by Don » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:26 pm

I've had to think about this quite a bit. I think the biggest advantage is the membership. There's some real experience in here and member's willing to share their thought's and their experience. If you didn't have the membership you have, what would you have? Just another dog site. Decent moderators are a real value too. With out them it is again just another site. I know people grumble about moderators now and again but it's usually those that don't have a clue other than they want to get away with whatever they want to do.
Never set your dog up to fail - Delmar smith

The greatest room in the world is the room for improvement - William F. Brown

Some people think to much like people and not enough like dogs!

stevesnell

Post by stevesnell » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:49 am

Umm...Not real sure If I need to reply on this thread or not.... :D

Steve Snell

SHORTFAT

Post by SHORTFAT » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:40 pm

Lot's of shoulders to cry on when my dog eats my wifes slippers... again... (We're sleeping downstairs...) :cry:
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.
- Mark Twain.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
-Abraham Lincoln

Onk

Post by Onk » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:20 pm

Its a place a newbie can ask questions, simple or complex, and for the most part not be ridiculed for asking them! The differant views and ways of training are vast and overwhelming, guidance never hurt anyone who was willing to take it and then is able to evaluate it for what it is.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=3600

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." -George Bird Evans " Troubles with Bird Dogs"

JuliaH

Post by JuliaH » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:30 am

All the above!! I have found the site, the members, the topics, the mods and the administrators to be a lot of help when needed! I don't post a lot, but I read plenty :) One of the best things is the good conversations and the lack of personal attacks!

Keep on keeping on! You have a winner in this forum and the Gun Dog Directory too!

Julia
Karl & Julia Heidbrink
Buggytown Bird Dogs
Central Georgia