Note from Grant

grant
GDF Junkie

Note from Grant

Post by grant » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:12 am

Note from Grant:

Thanks for participating in the Gun Dog Forum (GDF)! First and foremost, GDF is dedicated to the entry level and weekend warrior gun dog owners.

I started the forum because of my affinity for my birddogs – I wanted to learn more and help others learn also. What started as a fun hobby, has turned into a website with thousands of members and millions of page-views each month. I’ll admit, over the years, it morphed from the fun hobby to hard work!

So today, I’ve made the decision to realign the forum with its original mission – to help the entry level and weekend warrior gun dog owners. So everyone has a choice to make. Either you are here to participate in a way that’s supports our mission, or you need to move on to another community.

If you feel that our mission and moderating practices are not well suited for you, please notify me via PM, so that I may delete your account and associated posts.

GENERAL RULES

Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country. If you do, your post will be deleted and you will be warned or banned as on decided by the moderators.

Within reason, keep posts on topic.

GDF is not liable for what you say, you are! So, post with caution.

Do not respond to troublemakers; use the report post feature to notify the moderators.

MODERATORS

Moderators should moderate on the side of caution (over moderating vs. under moderating), and in a way that reflects the mission of GDF.

For those who taunt the moderators, this is your warning: If you feel they’ve responded inappropriately, PM me. From this point forward, I will personally delete your account if you publicly taunt them.

Benny

Re: Note from Grant

Post by Benny » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:12 pm

Well I certainly appreciate you setting this site up. In the last 5 months I've learned more than my girlfriend cares to know about working with upland dogs.
The health section is something that can be a real benefit to the under-budget, D.I.Y.-person, for vaccine, feeding, and basic first aid information.
I hope that all seasoned veterans and professional dog trainers remain a part, because this site would be virtually useless without the diversity and wealth of knowledge.
Big round of applause to you Grant, the mod's, and most of all the folks on here that make this forum so interesting!
Oregon State University
USFS - Hotshot

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:15 pm

Benny wrote:Well I certainly appreciate you setting this site up. In the last 5 months I've learned more than my girlfriend cares to know about working with upland dogs.
The health section is something that can be a real benefit to the under-budget, D.I.Y.-person, for vaccine, feeding, and basic first aid information.
I hope that all seasoned veterans and professional dog trainers remain a part, because this site would be virtually useless without the diversity and wealth of knowledge.
Big round of applause to you Grant, the mod's, and most of all the folks on here that make this forum so interesting!
hey, thanks Benny! And yes, our dogs are like guitars when it comes to the ladies. At first, they attract them - and then they become obstacles seen as competition for ones time....

rpointers

Post by rpointers » Sat May 09, 2009 9:03 am

What a great site, a blog visitor sent me the link. Keep up the great work! I'm sending your link to friends up here in N. Wisconsin where the Ruffed Grouse is king.
Ric
Chasin' Ruffed Grouse

Jmackk

Post by Jmackk » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:19 pm

Hey, Im new, but one thing I alread like about you Grant is your " I take no crap" attitude, there are to many other forums were people are jerks and nothing gets done about it, and the forum gets ruind, so thanks for that. And I agree with the guitar statment, atleast my dog wont sit and talk my ear off :mrgreen: Id like to find a girl that would not see a dog as an obsticle, and more as an oppertunity.

Justin