GW Crates Saddles?

Llano Shorthairs

GW Crates Saddles?

Post by Llano Shorthairs » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:27 pm

Has anyone had any experience with GW Crates saddles? If so how was the quality? Pros? Cons? Overall satisfaction or dissatisfaction?
Joe
Llano Estacado Shorthaired Pointers
http://www.llanoshorthairs.com/

Kiki's Mom

Re: GW Crates Saddles?

Post by Kiki's Mom » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:18 pm

You looking at a Western saddle? Crates is a well known brand that holds it's value nicely. Barrel Saddles were their forte of course but they do everything from reining to ropers to pleasure....

Fireside

Post by Fireside » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:12 pm

There are two "Crates" The old Crates Leather/saddle company makes a very nice production saddle. We have owned several and they are very decent. We have a 17" roper for sale now if anyone is interested.

GW Crate is made by Riders Choice Saddle Company. I cant remember ever having seen one of their saddles.

Kiki's Mom

Post by Kiki's Mom » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:07 am

Thanks for the clarification:)

Llano Shorthairs

Post by Llano Shorthairs » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:45 am

GW Crate, a "master" saddlemaker, is supposed to make this saddle for Riders Choice. They make a western style gaited horse model that looks like a nice saddle in the pictures and specs, but I've never seen one in person. They also make a trooper/endurance style saddle and other western style saddles. I was hoping someone could enlighten me on the quality of the ones being made now for Riders Choice.

I don't know if GW Crate is the same as the old Crate saddle company or not.

Joe
Llano Estacado Shorthaired Pointers
http://www.llanoshorthairs.com/

WildRose

Post by WildRose » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:52 am

If you like the western endurance type saddles and GW Crates is the same as my "Crates Endurance Saddle" it's a VERY good saddle. Very comfortable for horse and rider both, and very well made overall.

The only saddle I have that's more comfortable is my Tucker Equitation saddle and it's only slightly more comfortable on the long eight and ten hour judging days. The price difference between it and the Crates is simply not worth it for the average weekender who probably isn't going to ride a dozen braces a day. CR

Scratch that, GW Crate is not the same maker. Can't tell you anything about these. Google Crates Endurance Saddles. From the look of the GW Crate, it's a knock off.
There's a reason I like dogs better'n people

SHOWTIME

Post by SHOWTIME » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:26 am

I have several friends who competitvily rope out out of a older style crates and they love them.
{~ITSINTHEBLOOD~}