Sneaky Me

gar-dog

Sneaky Me

Post by gar-dog » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:08 pm

Well, I arranged for a "mommy and me" type horse class for my wife and daughter this afternoon - was only 20 bucks. They LOVED it and my wife wants to take riding lessons - my daughter called me from my wife's cell phone to tell me all about it and "her horse." We have an incredible county-run facility only 1.5 miles from our house as the crow flys. Unlike most govt facilities, this is top notch, beautiful, and situated in the middle of a 2,000 acre reservation. If you are with a guide you can go out on 26 miles of trails, otherwise you have to ride around the facility. I have run my dog through there this past year. They rent horses for $20 per hour pretty much on a drop-in basis.

Here is a link to a brochure with all their programs and some pics. What a goldmine not even a 5 minute drive from the house.
http://www.ucnj.org/parks/stableprograms08.pdf

Here is an aerial of the facility:

wbockman

Re: Sneaky Me

Post by wbockman » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:58 pm

Well hey! My friend from HS took lessons there when we were kids. I lived in Bridgewater at the time, I graduated from HS there. I see how sneaky you are being, get the wife and kid hooked on horses so you can get one to for field trials, ha ha.

That's great!

Wendy

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:51 am

Precisely. When it comes time to buy a horse it will be because the WIFE and KIDS want one. I will say NO, and then eventually give in.

topher40
GDF Junkie

Post by topher40 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:22 pm

Way to go!! Your already hooked so you might as well go "all in"!! :lol:
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine

MTO4Life

Post by MTO4Life » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:54 pm

gar-dog wrote:Precisely. When it comes time to buy a horse it will be because the WIFE and KIDS want one. I will say NO, and then eventually give in.
Well played gar-dog... I'm impressed. I should try that tactic on my wife and see what happens!!

rockllews

Post by rockllews » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:42 pm

Gar-dog- That facility and the opportunities it provides are AMAZING! I didn't know counties ever even got involved in running things like that. They don't around my part of the country as far as I'm aware.

And yep, you are pretty clever :D Beware, though, I think you just introduced your wife and daughter into a world that can get ridiculously expensive. :lol: As a girl who just had to have top of the line horse supplies/tack for my TB, I know. I hope you're ready to humor their hobby as well as yours! :wink: :D

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:05 am

rockllews wrote: Beware, though, I think you just introduced your wife and daughter into a world that can get ridiculously expensive. :lol: As a girl who just had to have top of the line horse supplies/tack for my TB, I know. I hope you're ready to humor their hobby as well as yours! :wink: :D
Everything costs me twice as much as it is. A new shotgun for me? Luis Vitton bag for her. Tracking collar for me? necklace for her....

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:09 am

Do you have a single brother Gary? :D :D
ImageImage
Woodland's Spirit of Big Oaks & Woodland's Money Pit

rockllews

Post by rockllews » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:45 am

gar-dog wrote:Everything costs me twice as much as it is. A new shotgun for me? Luis Vitton bag for her. Tracking collar for me? necklace for her....
:lol: :lol: Sounds good to me!

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:35 pm

LOL!!

Today is our anniversary and she just picked up a Roberto Coin necklace.... in exchange I get the Garmin Astro DC30. Maybe I should wear the collar!

I had the misfortune once of my gunshop leaving a message on our answering machine for ALL to hear that "the pistol that I had ordered was in." I was trying to sneak that one in and got busted. That cost me a Burberry bag if I recall.

I guess it's fair, albeit painful sometimes. You gals are probably on her side no doubt.
:) ;)
G

P.S. Karen, sorry no brothers. I am one of a kind. I had three OLDER sisters. Maybe that is why I am so sensitive to women's needs ;)