Hello from NJ!

Karen
GDF Junkie

Hello from NJ!

Post by Karen » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:21 am

Wanted to introduce myself. My name is Karen, I live in New Jersey and I own 4 Brittanys and a horse.

Courage, who is 7, is a housepet/bedwarmer but was our wonderful introduction to the breed.

Blaze followed 4 years later (took us that long to get our "courage" back to do another puppy). Although Blaze comes from show lines (his sire was in the top 10 Brittanys in the country in his prime), we've concentrated on field work to date (although he does have a 3 pt. major in the show ring).

Then there's Tessa, my princess. She's also a show dog, coming from a long line of very successful show dogs. She went best in sweeps at the 2006 Summer Specialty, has a 4 point specialty win to her credit, has even earned 3 points with me at the end of the leash, and most recently went Best in Show at the ABC Eastern Futurity. She is now with the field trainer and will start running horseback trials in the spring. She's been a real quick study and is really fun to work with. Oh, I should also mention that Tessa has an open derby placement to her credit (owner handled).

And last but not least there Chloe. This girl is action packed, all-age bred and raring to go! I didn't NEED another dog, but her pedigree was just too good to resist. This one won't see the inside of a show ring for quite some time (if ever). She's just 6 months old and will run maybe 1 or 2 puppy stakes this season before leaving for boot camp.

Look at the long legs on this one!

And then there's Trav, my field trial horse.

2 1/2 years ago when we began this journey, I didn't even know how to ride! I'm a little better at it now, and a little braver :D and the horse is a little better too.

Looking forward to learning lots here!
Last edited by Karen on Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:55 am

Welcome! Good to have you join us. When you get time try to post the pedigrees of the dogs. I at least am always interested in the breeding of our dogs.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:59 am

Thanks for the welcome!

Can I post a link to the peds on my website or do I need to put them into that perfect pedigree program?

I have no puppies to sell (don't plan on breeding for QUITE some time) and no training to sell, so the site consists of a list of wins, some pics and pedigrees.

I don't want to break any rules!

pear

Post by pear » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:16 am

Either way will work, we just enjoy seeing pedigrees...
"When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new "puppy". Then I realized that the Lord, in his wisdom, didn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked him to forgive me".

Arti
Nikki
Diamond
Bailey

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:33 am

Lets see if this works...just added links to my signature.
Last edited by Karen on Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Woodland's Spirit of Big Oaks & Woodland's Money Pit

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:15 am

Hi Karen Welcome to GDF

lots of knowledgable people here to learn from
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Scott

Post by Scott » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:17 pm

Welcome Karen,

Looks like you have some very nice Brittany's. Thanks for sharing the pedigrees.

Lots of knowledge on here.

Scott

Lab Man

Post by Lab Man » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:04 pm

Welcome to the Gun Dog Forum!!!!!!! Nice looking dawgs!!!!!

Vizsla Vince

Post by Vizsla Vince » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:48 pm

Welcome!
What exit? :lol: We used to live on McGuire AFB ( my wife was USAF). Used to work for Cream O Land dairy, so I've probably been in your area once or twice!
Jersey is actually where we got our "rescued" Vizsla.

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:55 pm

Welcome - and great pics! I am in New Jersey too - waiting on my first Brittany which is still with its momma. I should get her the first week of November.

I see some of your pedigrees have some of the local breeders - Indian Acres, Marjo's, and BrittHaven. My dog is coming from Marjo's.

Best,
Gary

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:23 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome. Gar-dog, I know Marsha. She has some nice breedings planned. I think your new pup may have hit the ground last week. She said she had a litter in the motor home. Did you see that they won the chicken classic?
ImageImage

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:14 pm

Karen wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome. Gar-dog, I know Marsha. She has some nice breedings planned. I think your new pup may have hit the ground last week. She said she had a litter in the motor home. Did you see that they won the chicken classic?
The litter will be 3 weeks old tomorrow. Yes, she mentioned that they won - out of 84 dogs I think. Not too shabby!

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:44 pm

is the pup by buck's hit the road jack?
ImageImage

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:02 pm

Karen wrote:is the pup by buck's hit the road jack?
Yes, and the dam is by Marjo's Allakazam (Allie). They were born on the road in Nebraska I believe. There were 9 - 5 gals and 4 males. I am psyched as this is my first bird dog. I am a total newbie and looking to join the setter club of NJ or do some clinics, etc.

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:08 pm

i train with jack and 4 pups from a prior litter. AWESOME DOGS

in fact i was suppose to be braced against jack this weekend but i had to scratch. i train at water and wings in pa...i'm in north jersey so it's closer than the setter club and my trainer works out of it.
ImageImage

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:08 pm

Never heard of Water and Wings. I just saw their website - it looks great. It is 70 miles from me. (I am off of I-78 in New Providence). Is Pete D'Angelis there? I think he trained Jack, no?

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:12 pm

yes pete trains there, he's great
ImageImage