Hi everyone

nick613

Hi everyone

Post by nick613 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:42 am

Hey all,

I've been lurking around for a while checking things out but really should start contributing. I'm an avid hunter who hunts everything from woodcock to moose, I'm also a fisherman. I got started with hunting dogs (GSP) about 4 years ago and really didn't know what I was doing.

I ended up mostly training my dog for duck hunting which was both easy, as he had a really strong natural retrieving drive and difficult, as he did not like to sit still! When he was about 2 we linked up with a good trainer and started working him on birds, pigeons, quail and chukar, he did exceptionally well, unfortunately he died before his next hunting season. Wasn't even 3 years old. It was a heartbreaking, frustrating and expensive ordeal. We think he had lymphoma but could never get a firm diagnosis.

We picked up our new boy (GSP) last November and he is now 7 months. Working closely with the same trainer he has already been infront of a couple dozen pigeons, isn't quite pointing yet but showing good instincts and making progress.

I look forward to learning and getting more involved with this forum.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

NEhomer

Re: Hi everyone

Post by NEhomer » Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:45 pm

Welcome to GDF Nick. I once lost a young Brittany to cancer. Broke my heart and my wallet as well. So glad you've got a new pup....we all love pics around here!

Best of luck to you~

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:35 pm

Welcome to the forum.:)

You will need 5 approved posts before you can freely post/send PMs. This is to control spamming.

Let me know anytime I can help you with your use of the forum.

Sharon ( mod)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

nick613

Post by nick613 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:44 pm

NEhomer wrote:Welcome to GDF Nick. I once lost a young Brittany to cancer. Broke my heart and my wallet as well. So glad you've got a new pup....we all love pics around here!

Best of luck to you~
Here's a pic of the new pup, 7 months old and he's 65lbs... Going to be a big boy!
PXL_20220430_193718438.MP.jpg
Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mask

Post by mask » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:27 pm

pretty boy, have fun and adventure.

NEhomer

Post by NEhomer » Sun May 01, 2022 5:35 am

Beautiful pup!