New guy from RI.

munsty

New guy from RI.

Post by munsty » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:50 pm

Hi all. Paul from Rhode Island here. I have a 3.5 month old small munsterlander who is my first bird dog. I’ve been lurking here for a while and have read some good stuff. I’ll be attending as many of the Southern New England NAVHDA training days as I can. My pup had his first intro to birds a couple weeks ago. We’ll be going to the training day this weekend. He’s learning fast. I take him for walks in the woods off leash every morning and to my local park or the beach in the afternoon. He’s been out on the boat a few times too. I take him everywhere with me to try to socialize him. Been working on conditioning him to recall, place, loose leash walking, and a little bit of whoa. I’m really looking forward to watching this little guy develop. Anyone else in RI? I’m in south county.
C280A4ED-B92C-4D55-A138-91A22ECF6A66.jpeg
4FEEA18F-D543-4916-BACD-46260229DAAF.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

deseeker

Re: New guy from RI.

Post by deseeker » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:32 pm

good looking pup. :D

NEhomer

Post by NEhomer » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:40 am

Welcome to the forum...beautiful pup. I'm in SW MA and used to go striper fishing with my buddy on his boat out of Charleston.

munsty

Post by munsty » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:55 am

Thanks guys.

The striper fishing is fantastic and my other passion. I’ve tried with the pup on the boat but he just wants to jump off when I cast my lure. Hopefully by albie season I’ll be able to keep him in the boat. He’s already jumped off once when I was motoring through the channel. Luckily I was able to scoop him up by his vest.