New Member - Ontario Canada - Lady Hunter

Jessie0601

New Member - Ontario Canada - Lady Hunter

Post by Jessie0601 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:04 pm

Hi all
Just joined because I use this site allot for dog training info. I have a 4 month old black and white GSP named Otto. He's an excellent pup.
I am an avid hunter and I am excited to hunt with a dog. Otto has already been upland hunting with me and flushes well and keeps up even at his young age. His retrieving is getting very good .... as long as it's not in water ... so far.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cicada

Re: New Member - Ontario Canada - Lady Hunter

Post by Cicada » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:10 am

Welcome to the Site You will have great time with that pup. and keep working him on the grouse they are tough to point but worth the effort.

Have fun

Grant

Steve007

Post by Steve007 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:51 pm

Is this your first bird dog? Pretty exciting, indeed! Fine-looking pup, too,

Dakotazeb

Post by Dakotazeb » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:41 pm

Welcome to the site. One question though. You say Otto flushes well. He's a GSP and should be pointing his birds, not flushing them. Did I read something wrong?
Janee's August Breeze - Bree
http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigree. ... erations=5

NSTRA Champion Godfather's Dakota Elle 2008-2016
https://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigree ... erations=5

Gertie

Post by Gertie » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:49 pm

Welcome fellow huntress! Best of luck to you and your beautiful pup. I look forward to the pics and the stories :D
'Dogs don't live long enough. Their only flaw really.' A.S. Turnbull
'Gertie'

Jessie0601

Post by Jessie0601 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:34 am

Dakotazeb wrote:Welcome to the site. One question though. You say Otto flushes well. He's a GSP and should be pointing his birds, not flushing them. Did I read something wrong?
Hi Dakotazeb. At this point my trainer has asked me to get him in to the field as much as I can to get him used to the sights and sounds. In doing this I am working with other dogs ( Labs ) that are used to flush. He keeps up with them and enjoys it very much. We are starting his pointing training soon. He will point when something interesting is in sight naturally at the moment. Not sure if there is a right or wrong way to approach this but if I make him wait until ne t years hunt he will be 1 with no field experience.