Hi From Lower Michigan

vinceH335

Hi From Lower Michigan

Post by vinceH335 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:08 pm

Hello I'm Vince, I'm new at this online forum stuff so bare with me, I'm 48 yr's old, male, married, two kid's and have a male GSP 6 months old. I live in lower Michigan, in the suburb's wishing I lived out in the sticks. I'm a product designer for the past 23yr's and unfortunately still paying on an upside down flipping mortgage. My sanity lyes in the farm fields and Grouse timber of northern Mi.

This is my second GSP, the previous one was a female, I trained her myself using books and video's she turned out to be a great Grouse Dog. ill be training Jäger my new pup myself as well... I do mostly Grouse hunting, little deer hunting because the season overlaps bird hunting.

I like all Gun Dogs, and everything to do with training them, I'm into fiscal fitness for both me and my dogs, and that's it in a nut shell.

Preacher
Location: Strongs, MI (15 miles past the middle of nowhere), in da U.P. eh

Re: Hi From Lower Michigan

Post by Preacher » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:56 pm

Welcome, fellow Michigander! How far north do you go when hunting?

Carolina Gundogs

Post by Carolina Gundogs » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:55 pm

Vince, great to have you join us. I have found this forum very useful and enjoy reading it every night.

Good luck with your new pup!

vinceH335

Post by vinceH335 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:37 am

Preacher wrote:Welcome, fellow Michigander! How far north do you go when hunting?
I mainly hunt Atlanta, Grouse hunting has been pretty good in past yrs. I see your in the UP, I have hunted the trout lake area with my last dog and I plan to get up there again now I have a young dog.

Thanks for the welcome

cohanzick creek

Post by cohanzick creek » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:37 am

Welcome here. Glad to have you on board
cc

Jagerdawg

Post by Jagerdawg » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:36 am

Hi Vince. It is good to see a fellow Michigander here. I love that name, my Jäger passed away last year. I'm from southern Michigan also so if you test or trial we will probably run into each other eventually. Again welcome aboard.

Preacher
Location: Strongs, MI (15 miles past the middle of nowhere), in da U.P. eh

Post by Preacher » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:30 pm

vinceH335 wrote:
Preacher wrote:Welcome, fellow Michigander! How far north do you go when hunting?
I mainly hunt Atlanta, Grouse hunting has been pretty good in past yrs. I see your in the UP, I have hunted the trout lake area with my last dog and I plan to get up there again now I have a young dog.

Thanks for the welcome

Hey if you find yourself near Trout Lake again shoot me a message if you want some company. Trout Lake is about 20 minutes away.