aNOTHER nEW mEMBER FROM ny

John S

aNOTHER nEW mEMBER FROM ny

Post by John S » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:48 am

Hello Everyone,
My name is John, I'm 54 and live in Orange County NY. I'm an Industrial Engineer by trade but also a Capt. for our local FD and an Officer on the orange County Technical Rescue Team specializing in High Angle Rope Rescue.
I'm on my second marriage to Nancy (whom you'll probably see here at some point) and have 18yo Triplet Step Daughters.

While I have bred and trained Rottweiler's for years in my previous life Nancy and the Girls have always had Brittanies which they bred and hunted. After 5 years of them nagging I finally gave in and agreed to get a pup last Dec. I gave in partly due to the fact that I had finally moved up on the waiting list for our local Sportsman's club and was accepted into membership the previous year. Part of the membership includes access to the clubs stocked preserve and a great group of guys.
Once I gave the go ahead Nancy contacted a breeder that she had worked with and learned that he had two litters due to be whelped within a couple of weeks and that we could have our pick from one of the litters.
In March we found ourselves bringing home a male pup, much to the dismay of Nancy and the girls. They always had females and wanted to keep it that way, I argues that with 4 woman in the house already the Pup was going to be male and that I had already decided on a name and that was the end of the discussion LOL. So... Welcome Scout to the household!

Scout has been an exceptional pup, he is currently 9 mos old and one of the brightest dogs I have ever had. He is very social and loves being outdoors. His retrieving is exceptional but as I've recently found out his pointing leaves a lot to be desired. He's been at a trainer for 4 weeks and now I need to make a decision. This is the main reason I have joined the site. Hopefully to get answers to some of the mysteries of hunting dogs since I know that I need training as much as the pup does.
Well, thats all for an intro, I'm sure I'll be posting some questions once I read through some old posts and get a feel for the site.

deseeker

Re: aNOTHER nEW mEMBER FROM ny

Post by deseeker » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:49 pm

Welcome to the forum. I see your britt is pretty laid back :D

Ghosted3

Re: aNOTHER nEW mEMBER FROM ny

Post by Ghosted3 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:24 am

Welcome to the forum, lots of great people and tons of great information here!

Corry