STUBBORN DOG

RAWACRES

STUBBORN DOG

Post by RAWACRES » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:42 pm

Hi i'm a new member here and glad i joined i might add!! My problem is i have a 8mo. old english setter that refuse"s to get in or out of my truck when i take her for training in the field or where ever i go. i've tried treats but no way will she get out. , i have to pick her up. any suggestions? thanks in advance. great web site i might add as i'm a ton of info from here on training and my buddy mad murphy

gsp3333

Re: STUBBORN DOG

Post by gsp3333 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:20 pm

Murphy betting any birds yet? As soon as they realize there is going to be birds at the end of the ride they can't wait to get in.
Welcome to the board and enjoy the ride with Murphy.

RAWACRES

Post by RAWACRES » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:41 am

gsp lol madmurphy is my training partner with the dog as REBA is the dog, i've even tried to lure her out with the dead birds after i get back home and she won't come out of the truck, she don't have a problem when i leave to train but getting back later forget it! i thought maybe the hight of truck could be the issue? anyway leaving in a hour for more training. :D

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:46 am

Depends on temperament.

I start on tailgate teach kennel with ear pinch... slowly work to ear pinch on the ground till dog jumps in.. don't advise you use this method... maybe just beg??

RAWACRES

Post by RAWACRES » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:06 pm

Well same old stuff she won't come out of the truck or go in, so i tried a new one on her. sunday i took her out to the car this time and well and behold she got in and out with no problem. so now i have to figure out what the problem is which i think is a height problem? any suggestions would be helpfull as picking her up every time is a pain!!!