Joined up after living in the shadows

SetterNut

Joined up after living in the shadows

Post by SetterNut » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:38 am

Hello all.

I have been reading posts here for a long time, but had a problem getting registered months ago and never got around to it.

I am an avid bird hunter, and kind of like setters :D I have a 14 year old Gordon that has had to be retired from hunting, and a 2.5 year old Llewellin Setter, Ace. He has been developing into a pretty decent birddog.

I prefer to hunt quail, but will spend a fair amount of time in early Prairie Chicken season hunting them. I live on the edge of pheasant country and will shoot several while quail hunting. Then I will make a trip or two to the west to hunt in pheasant country,

I really enjoy taking some pictures of the dogs and birds while hunting, and I suspect you will be sick of the pictures that I post :)

Once I figure out how to post pics, look out!
Steve

Onk

Re: Joined up after living in the shadows

Post by Onk » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:33 am

Welcome to GDF, looking forward to seeing your pictures!
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=3600

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." -George Bird Evans " Troubles with Bird Dogs"

SetterNut

Post by SetterNut » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:46 pm

Ace, my Llew Setter

From our last day of the season hunting trip

My son with Ace and a mess of quail
Steve

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:43 pm

Steve
I am telling on you
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

SetterNut

Post by SetterNut » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:56 pm

Ha Ha, so you can't belong to more than one BB :)
Steve

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:01 pm

SetterNut wrote:Ha Ha, so you can't belong to more than one BB :)
No ..People from Manhattan Kansas are only allowed to be on one board....Unless next time I try and find you on line when I am coming through Manhattan I find you on...

Sorry I did try to see if you were on when we came I dropped a pup off at Kevins over in Clay Center and my dad decided to get the prius an oil change at the big apple ...found out Paneras has great breads and bagels..and I protest You have a Paneras and Casa Grande doesn't No fair No fair No fair
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

tasi devil

Post by tasi devil » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:34 am

hey chatterbox, least you can post BIG pics on here,
these are just to provide some GSP 'balance' to this thread

Image[/img]

.........tasi
i'm from under down under

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:32 am

tasi devil wrote:hey chatterbox, least you can post BIG pics on here,
these are just to provide some GSP 'balance' to this thread

Image[/img]

.........tasi
Oh Man Not you too :mrgreen:

So how goes it down under...How is Tex doing? you got any more trips planned

SetterNut

Post by SetterNut » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:04 pm

Tasi, That is some cool looking area to hunt birds.

K9, Paneras is real close to my house. I am just south of there a couple blocks. John Hortin (docsusie) is in there all the time. Got to let us know when you are back this way again. Tasi, you can come too :D
Steve

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:19 pm

That Paneras is a Great place...Been to a couple of them as we find them along the way for sandwiches..Blows subway or Quiznos out of the water for sure

May have to see if we are headed for DOY this year ..which hopefully we will be able to go..not looking real promising right now may have to try and stop there..depending which way we are able to go

Will know better when Oct gets closer I have an Elk hunt that begins the 6th of Oct

tasi devil

Post by tasi devil » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:59 pm

been a member for quite a while & i've always lurked here a fair bit, not logging on often , just stickybeakin.
here & UJ are my next choices after PDJ, gotta say though , lately this is a more active BB in all respects than PDJ.
really only remain posting on PDJ because of a rapport i have with quite a few members ....although they are getting less & less.

................tasi
i'm from under down under

SetterNut

Post by SetterNut » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:46 pm

Its been pretty dead over there of late. This is a pretty good BB.
Maybe a few to many GSP guys than is healthy :D

Until the heat of summer is over here and the hunting season get started, most sights will be a little slow.

Post some more pics of your hunts. It will be great to see someone out hunting.
Steve