new guy

B BUG

new guy

Post by B BUG » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:00 am

Hey all I am from SE Ohio, I was once and avid grouse hunter, however since the numbers are so low I do not bother them any more. I mostly do put and take stuff for upland birds. I still love to watch a dog work its magic and this is about the only game in my town. I am also a waterfowler (currently without a water dog) and plan on taking care of that problem real soon. My wife and I are more inclined to rescuing over purchasing in the future. We have resently rescued a Young Brittany and I have posted a bit on her and some issues I have observed.
I look forward to reading any replies on the subject. Thanks

dlfl

Re: new guy

Post by dlfl » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:57 am

Welcome and good luck on finding that rescue waterdog.
Dіck

B BUG

Post by B BUG » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:23 am

"bleep" thanks and Is that pup an AWS? If so what pros and cons can you tell me.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:09 pm

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy!!

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

aeast8

Post by aeast8 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:23 pm

A friend bought a GSP from a random guy. The dog was a couple of years old, nothing but skin and bone, living in awful conditions, zero training etc. The dog is one heck of a bird dog. Steady to Wing, honors, retrivies. I know this is not exactly a rescue dog but he did rescue the dog and has never looked back.

B BUG

Post by B BUG » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:22 am

Anytime we can help get an animal out of a bad situation it is a rescue, and I applaud all that do this type of work. As for our new arrival, she is really coming on strong from where she was. She is becoming very responsive to the comand "here" and loves the fetch drills. We are keeping it very short and sweet to match her personality. If all continues as it has I feel certain we will be in the field this spring working on planted birds.
Les

dlfl

Post by dlfl » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:57 pm

B BUG wrote:"bleep" thanks and Is that pup an AWS? If so what pros and cons can you tell me.
It is a Boykin. This is my first spaniel and am having a ball with him.
Dіck