Noob from Nevada

SierraMtnBrits

Noob from Nevada

Post by SierraMtnBrits » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:38 am

Hi! I'm Yvonne & my husband is Nick. We are in our late 20's early 30's. He is in the printing industry and I currently am a stay at home mom, but shortly I will return to my career as a vet tech for a local vet. We have 2 Brittanys right now, 8 year old Griffey, the trusty, reliable old man and 1.5 year old Bang, our little firecracker of a pup. We have both had Brittanys all of our lives. Nick has been hunting all his life, while it is relatively new for me, although my family has always done it. I am a native Nevadan. We are primarily interested in all kinds of bird hunting, mainly chukar. We also like big game. We participate in field trials & hunt tests. Bang is on a winning streak at the field trials lately, pulling 4 blues in a row. She is also entered in the Western Regional Futurity in April for Brittanys. She will be competing in both the field and show categories there. We belong to the Northern Nevada Brittany Club. We are always looking for new places to find the birds and have a few reliable hot spots. We would love to find other Brittany or bird dog owners & hunters in our area. Thanks for creating such a useful & informative site for gun dog owners.
~ Yvonne

Happiness is a house full of Brittanys!
www.sierramtnbrittanys.weebly.com
Home to Bang, Trip and Sheldon
Rancho Haven, Nevada

NNV Rebel's Blazn Lil' MissFire JH (Bang)

NNV Bang's Triple Threat Tri (Trip)
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

pear

Re: Noob from Nevada

Post by pear » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:17 pm

Welcome ! Great to have you here. Thank's for sharing, and by all means come back often. ..."pear"
"When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new "puppy". Then I realized that the Lord, in his wisdom, didn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked him to forgive me".

Arti
Nikki
Diamond
Bailey

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:41 pm

Welcome to GDF!
ImageImage
Woodland's Spirit of Big Oaks & Woodland's Money Pit

SierraMtnBrits

Post by SierraMtnBrits » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:23 pm

Thanks for the warm welcomes! I am sure I will visit very often! :D
~ Yvonne

Rancho Haven, Nevada

Kiki's Mom

Post by Kiki's Mom » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:49 am

HEY GIRL!!!!!! You found us! Hehehehe.. Seriously ...glad to see you posting!!!! Welcome, Welcome.
How's Colson?
This a great board and I'm sure that you and Nick will have lots to contribute. Looking forward to seeing more of you guys on here. And GADs....I can hardly believe that Grif is already 8! Time flies.....hey... do you want an ice cream? :wink:

Yvonne and I trialled together in the early days and it is totally MY fault that she and Nick are married :twisted: A nicer couple you will not find anywhere. Glad to have you aboard guys.

Elroy's Bandit

Post by Elroy's Bandit » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:49 pm

Welcome to GDF

Bill L

SierraMtnBrits

Post by SierraMtnBrits » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:23 pm

Kiki's Mom wrote:HEY GIRL!!!!!! You found us! Hehehehe.. Seriously ...glad to see you posting!!!! Welcome, Welcome.
How's Colson?
This a great board and I'm sure that you and Nick will have lots to contribute. Looking forward to seeing more of you guys on here. And GADs....I can hardly believe that Grif is already 8! Time flies.....hey... do you want an ice cream? :wink:

Yvonne and I trialled together in the early days and it is totally MY fault that she and Nick are married :twisted: A nicer couple you will not find anywhere. Glad to have you aboard guys.
Thank you Helen! I just now saw this today... I know, I am a little slow. Glad to be here. And yes, it is all your fault. Can you believe it's been 7 years now? :lol:
~ Yvonne

Rancho Haven, Nevada

Kiki's Mom

Post by Kiki's Mom » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:00 pm

And what a wedding it was too!!!!! :D :D :D Yes, I can believe it. No sign of the "itch" I hope? I'm really glad you are here.