A little about you...

Mntngoat

Post by Mntngoat » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:19 am

Name: Michael Liechty
Marital Status: Recently married as of 7.10.05
Other Hobbies: Hunting and competitive shooting, skeet, camping

No gun dog yet, just moved into a home and hoping for a spring breeding from a breeder out here in southern California. Wife grew up raising daushunds as a kid, in Tucson, AZ but no gundogs. She's a little too attached to quail that I hope to fill the freezer with in the coming years.

Wesley Boothe

Post by Wesley Boothe » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:05 pm

I am a 43yr old male. I am a Branch Manager for Johnson Controls in Eastern Iowa. Been married for 22yrs. 4 kids and one grandson. Been "hunting" since I got my first gun at seven, a Daisy Red Rider. First shotgun when I turned 14. First dog was a Yellow Lab when I was a kid. Have also had a Britt and a Springer. Now I am a GSP man. Got my first GSP about 10yrs ago and have done all my own training. I now have 4 GSP's and train about 2 a year for others. I mainly hunt pheasant but have been known to shoot ducks, geese and turkey. Two of my shorthairs retrieve from water as well as they do on land, but don't like to sit still for the ducks. I do not participate in any trials, shoot to retrieve, ect. I train for the everyday bird hunter because that is what I love to do.

See you in the field,
Wes

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Me

Post by ACooper » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:46 am

Name: Andy Cooper

Marital Status: Single, trying tp stay that way for a little longer, lol.

Jobs: Golf Course Manager and Restaurant manager. One of them needs to go for bird season.

Hobbies: Chasing bird dogs, fishing, riding my old TWH.

Dogs: 8 year old male Vizsla, Rooster, the extra growth on my right leg I cant seem to get rid of haha, and my mr. reliable 100% natural from the get go and never looked back. 3 year old female Gsp, Blaster, this is her year to shine. 18 month old male Gsp Blaze, almost as big as my walker !?! 6 month old Female Gsp Maggie, Hopefully if her wheels are big enough I plan on trialing her, she will be my first dog to run. She is running big and to the front, and has a great start thanks to Tim Wright.

I have been around bird dogs my entire life. More obsessed every day it seems. Hmmm just when i thought there wasnt anyway I would turn into my dad, every day I wake up I am more like him.
My mother and rest of the family think we are Crazy, she doesnt understand how we can talk about bird dogs on the phone for an hour every day. If its not in your blood you just cant understand.

Anyway this is me in a nutshell.

Fastlane

Post by Fastlane » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:55 pm

Craig Bauer - Technical Manager for a dead company (hint: Accounting firm that went down with Enron)
From the burbs of Chicago, along the scenic Fox River in St. Charles. Lived in the Chicago area my life. I'm married, Tara, for 5 years-2 children (Evan 5, Morgan 1) and 2.5 black labs (Shelby 6 years- the mother of the other two- Vinny 1.5 years, Tommy 10 weeks)

I've had dogs for 15 years, basicly pheasant hunted growing up, until I got Shelby. When she came into my house I decided I really wanted to get involved with a retriever club, so joined the two Chicago field trial clubs. Have been active in the Midwest Field Trial Club and American Amateur Retriever Club for the past 5.5 years.

I recently took a break from dog training and competing to go back to school, trying to finish my degree. Between school, 2 kids, a house and a beautiful and very understanding wife, I just don't have time to compete. Maybe when my degree is finished I'll pick it back up. But for right now I just want a really good hunting dog.

I think I may be in the market for soem sort of pointing dog. I want to get involved in grouse hunting with my son, I'm thinking maybe a setter. So bear with me with all my silly questions.

TNovoa

Post by TNovoa » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:12 pm

Female - 30 "something" :wink: I'm married with a 4 year old son.

I work as a financial analyst for one of the largest hospital systems in the eastern US.

I currently own 4 shorthairs - 2 CHs, 1 SH, 2 JHs (one going on to SH) and a youngster who'll be our do-it-all "great one". :lol: I also have a NAVHDA Natural Ability "prizer". Does any of that change my rank to "Senior Hunter" or something better than "Just a Pup"? :wink: The boy in the picture is CH Woodlands Ready Freddy Novoa SH, CGC and is the oldest in my crew at 7 years young.

I got my first shorthair in 1992 and it's been my only breed since. We actively hunt over all our dogs - grouse and pheasant (state releases unfortunately). I successfully bred my first litter this spring. I'm a firm believer in producing healthy companions, conformationally correct, with hunting abilities - for placement in good homes only.

birddog

Post by birddog » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:26 am

Your rank is based on how many post you make.

Vizsla Vince

Post by Vizsla Vince » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:36 pm

Name: Vince Kelley

Occupation: Pipefitter-Local 501/ Heating and A/C Tech(Don't want to do anything else)

Gorgeous Red-haired Wife: Donna

Son: Seth, 15

Daughter: Erin, 6

Got bit by the pheasant bug last season w/ my father-in-law (he's got a peutel[?] pointer). Now I have 2 shotguns, Seth has his own 12 ga. I own an 11 yr old Vizsla (Stinky) who came to live w\us when he was just 3 years old. I did'nt have any interest to hunt then, and the previous owner was rather rough with him. As this is his 11th year, and he is losing his eyesight, I will not be training him to hunt.

However, I am expecting a new male V to come home to us in early Feb(he hasn't even been born yet)! He is coming from Illinois' Vizsla Guru. I am very eager to train him and hunt him next year!

But, this is supposed to be about me...

I really dig my job (finally!), My wife is very supportive of my new passion (my last passsion was old Japanese motorcycles until the accident) and is otherwise AWESOME! My kids are fantastic souces of pride and joy in my life.

That's about it.

ViniferaVizslas

Post by ViniferaVizslas » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:59 am

Vizsla Vince wrote:Name: Vince Kelley

However, I am expecting a new male V to come home to us in early Feb(he hasn't even been born yet)! He is coming from Illinois' Vizsla Guru. I am very eager to train him and hunt him next year!
You chose a good breeder. Jim's dogs are among the best. I haven't bought a dog from him, but he provided the sire/grand-sire for my two dogs. He seems to be very active in mentoring people new to the sport. Take advantage of it.

Good Luck.

Buckeye_V

Post by Buckeye_V » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:12 am

My name is Justin. I am 28 and am married to Stephanie who is 27. She is currently pursuing her PhD in biochemistry at OSU. No children until she is done. I am a software analyst that designs judicial case management software. We may be moving within the next year or two. The target is 50-100 acres in the country, so we can run dogs, hunt deer, etc.

We have a deposit in for a vizsla pup from the Linden's/Keeton's in Cardington, OH. The dog will most definitely behunted and probably run in some hunt tests - possibly field trials. This is our first dog together. I have experience with raising 2 labs, but neither hunted.

I love to hunt and fish and just be in the great outdoors. I am interested in most things that have motors. I like guns and am just starting my collection.

That's about it for now.

qballs

Post by qballs » Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:30 pm

My name is Kris. I live up here in Lethbridge, AB. I work as a golf pro.
I have an 11 month old son, Marshall.
I have a 10 month old English Springer, Bentley.
My most understanding wife allowed me my first dog ever, when our son was only 3 months old.
I love hunting pheasants, and other game.
It has been the most fun learning about my dog and how to train him. I love getting outside and watching him work.

crittercontrol

Post by crittercontrol » Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:08 pm

Name: Caleb Stroh
Marital Status: Single and lovin it!
Kids: Not bloody likely
Dogs: Gur, A Gordon Setter of Springset origin, a Liver and Tan Female
Years around hunting dogs: nearly 2, at least pointers anyway
Occupation: Owner/President of the Salt Lake City branch of Critter Control, a nuisance wildlife control company.
Dog games: Just starting to get involved is NSTRA and the field trial thing. What fun!
Other Hobbies: A bird huntin fool! Finally was at a place in my life where I could get a dog, train it properly, etc. Also have a fetish for long range rifle shooting and varmint/predator hunting.
What's Going On: We've been in business here in Salt Lake for nearly two years, and while entrepreneurship is quite a wild ride, I love it. Have a job that I love, catching critters, helping folks w/ problems, and the best thing: I can write off hunting/training escapades!
Oddly enough: A friend, 12-volt turned mew onto this site, and I am glad that he did. What a wonderful group of folks. Grant, I hope you don’t underestimate how much fun people have on this site! Hats off to you and the moderators.

sweetsong

Post by sweetsong » Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:28 pm

Name: Terry Singsank
Marital Status: Married to Kim for 14 years, She is a stay at home mom!
Kids: 3 = Noah boy 4, Madelynn daughter 4 & Emily 2.
Dogs: 4 = All GSPs Bryer, female, 12; Maggie, female, 10; Annie, female, 8 & Greta, female 4 months old
Years around hunting dogs: 35 = Labs and GSPs.
Occupation: Director of Alternative Education for Atwater, Cosmos & Grove City; I coach 3 sports (Cross Country, Boys Basketball & track)
Dog games: Mainly AKC Hunt Tests; looking to get into walking field trails.
Other Hobbies: Trap shooting, Sking, camping, HUNTING and playing with my Kids. I can't wait until I can take them hunting and trialing with me.
Terry & Kim Singsank
Sweetsong Shorthairs

Sweetsong's Wildfire Greta
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=160

Yawallac
GDF Junkie

Post by Yawallac » Mon Dec 26, 2005 2:09 pm

Name: Ross Callaway
Kids: 22 and 12, both boys
Dogs: 4 English Pointers
Years around hunting dogs: Since 1980
Dog games: Hunting.
Accomplishments:
GSP National Futurity Moodus CT- 1981? Wyld Wings Sun of Bro (Show dogs - Aarrrghh!)
NAVHDA Handler's Award - 1982? (no longer awarded)
Youngest ever NAVHDA UT qualified dog - 11 mos. (A long time ago, maybe beaten by now) Caladen's Rocky Road GSP - 1991?
NAVHDA UPT on a little B&W E.Pointer named "Pepper" (My favorite dog and the best water dog I have ever seen!)
Was invited by Ken Marden, Pres. of AKC to judge the very first "Sanctioned" AKC Hunting Test - NJ 1984 or 85?
NSTRA South Carolina Dog of Year - 1991 CH. Caladen's Rocky Road
Other stuff but who cares?
What's Going On: Left trialing to pursue both son's soccer, baseball, football, basketball, school activities!! for the last 12 YEARS!! Oldest son just finished college on baseball scholy and the 12YO is following footsteps... Since they both love bird hunting and competing we have decided to get back into it!! Here we go again! :lol:

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:23 pm

Good looking boys and the dogs aren't bad.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Brett D.

Post by Brett D. » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:24 am

Name: Brett DeLong
Married with one 3 year old son and a second boy due in April.
Dogs: One 13 month old Male GSP and a 4 year old lab
This is my post first here. My GSP was given to me earlier thsi year. I have never owned a pointer before and had never even hunted before this season. I didn't know the first thing about training a gundog so I joined the San Diego sporting dog club and have become a pretty active member of that club. Heres a couple of pics of me and Cody.

Image[/img]

And heres both dogs and my son Aidan.
I'm glad I found this site. Lots of good info here from some seasoned vetrans.

Yawallac
GDF Junkie

Post by Yawallac » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:22 pm

So is that a curly-coated retriever to your right? :o

Brett D.

Post by Brett D. » Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:05 pm

LOL. No thats my son. He has curly hair as you can see but that was a bad hair day even for him.

llewgor

Post by llewgor » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:25 pm

Nice pics Brett, except for the snake.
Billy
"Change the way you look at things, and the things you look at change"

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=147

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=152

Brett D.

Post by Brett D. » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:59 pm

Thanks. The snake was a small sidewinder That I found crossing the road in the Mojave/eastern Sierra area. Mean little sucker. I gave him space as I photographed him and he still kept coming at me.

gone

Post by gone » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:03 pm

Well I have been on here for quiate a while, but never properly introduced myself so I figured why not.

Name is Jay Tucker
Married 4-1/2 years to Raini
Kids: 2: Nate is 7 & Maya is 5.
We live in Layton, UT
Dogs: Rio 1-1/2 y.o. Chocalate Lab
I have been hunting ducks/geese for about 3 years & am getting into upland game now. I have had dogs my whole life, but just in the last couple years have been interested in training for hunting. I haven't gotten into field trials yet, but am interested in learning more. This forum has been a great help to me & I have learned a lot here. Thanks to all that have provided me with help in the past & future.
Last edited by gone on Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fowlplay

Post by Fowlplay » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:04 am

Name: Rick Winegar
Married, going on 29 years to my sweetheart Tammy.
Kids: (3) a Son 25, and two daughters, 22 and 20 years old.
Occupation: Painting Contractor..specializing in custom homes along the Wasatch Front.
Dogs: (3) We have two male shorthairs, Rusty and Buck. We also have a male Schnauzer (Jackson).
Passions: Bird dogs, Chukar hunting, riding Atv's on the Paiute Trail.. and many other (designated trails) here in UT.

My dad started me hunting upland game in eastern WA when I was 12. Been chasing chukar for many, many years here in UT. Also love hunting Forest Grouse.

Deer Hunter

Post by Deer Hunter » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:54 pm

I am 44 years old. My name is Thurman Bramlett I am married and have a 10 year old step daughter. I tried to get into bird hunting a few years back. I bought and trained a male brittany spaniel. I feel that he was very well mannered. I spent LOTS of hours training him. I was planing on using him to hunt pheasants/quail in Kansas but due to an accident never got to that point. The dog was very good at retriveing ducks/geese or anything you sent him to retrieve from car keys to anytype of game. He would hold on wing/shot until told other wise. He would load, walk at heel, down broke to the whistle, work off hand signals, sit, stay. He was taught to make a circle behind you then sit beside you when bringing game to you. He would hunt on command. And there was no having to repeat commands. He exicuted any command given him the first time. And done them very, very well. He was not only a great dog, but a great friend. And i miss him like as if he were a family member.

After losing this dog. I had mixed fillings about getting another dog. But i think i am going to give it another try. I am going to go with english setters this time arround.

zachsdad

Post by zachsdad » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:09 pm

Gonna do this for myself first and then my son Zachary, since he works the dogs with me.

I am 49 male with a wife, a soon to be 16 year old son that lives with me and an 18 year old daughter soon off to college. We live in Hondo, TX. Karla is a 1st grade teacher and I am a construction foreman installing undergroung power and communication.

Presently we have 3 labs and will be going to Iowa in March to pick up my first Britt.

We shoot a lot of doves, ducks and are working into quail. Really want to try some pheasants ASAP.

WIll be training the Britt myself, so will probably asking for a little help now and again. Worked with my Dad's GSPs most of the summer and fall. Gained a little insight there

Zach will be 16 in May, shoots 4-H shotgun competition, has a wall full of trophies, and lives and breathes duck hunting. He'll shoot doves, quail, or hogs to burn some time, but he loves ducks.
He helps with the labs and will be working with Teal, our new Britt when she gets here.

Here is Zach and Deke with our last ducks of the season, Deke is posing for the camera, that is why he is squinting. :D

birddog1220

Post by birddog1220 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:56 pm

name: jim ritze
i am 35 maired 2 kids,callie-2 jimmy-3months
i'm a union cement finisher for 16yrs
i have 3 dogs 2 gsp 1 dk
i finished my male in akc mh now doing navhda with him. my young dk pup(8months) is showing good potential,have high hopes for him. just started judging akc, first one in mar. for the gwpci at desplaines, kinda nervous. have ben hunting since i was 10,pheasant-quail-ducks-geese-and deer. i train about 4 days a week,hoping to make a living at it some day?

Manitou

Post by Manitou » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:27 pm

I'm 45 tomorrow. :cry: Male, not neutered as of yet. :?

Married 9 years this round. :oops:

Two kids, daughter is a senior in High School, our son is in the seventh grade. These are children I married with my wife.

I've been hunting since the age of seven. Killed my first buck at eleven, on my own. Have been an avid big-game hunter, bow hunter, and black-powder hunter for many years. Have hunted hogs, javelina, elk, mule deer, and whitetail. Ducks, geese, and small game too. We also enjoy fly fishing and hunting for indian artifacts. I only recently got into skeet and trap shooting, then bird hunting. I am in awe when watching good dog handling and seeing them work. We are getting tired of paying someone to "guide" and provide a dog.

Although I raised and trained "coon" dogs way back in the 70's and early 80's, Maggie is my first bird dog. I'm amazed at her development, observancy?, and intelligence. She is my little Honey, and I'm already extremely attached to her.

I'm a 15-year firefighter (Captain) and my wife is a nurse. I am in my twentieth year in the Armed forces. Spent 8 years active duty Army infantry, and another 8 in the Army Reserves. I smartened up and re-trained into the Air Force Reserves and am currently a machinist/aeronautical welder on A-10 aircraft.

I want to train my own dog for the obvious reasons of self-gratification and bonding with her. Pride seems to be playing a bit in there too. 8)

Maggie was an anniversary gift to me from my wife. I convinced my wife to go bird hunting with me for our anniversary and in return, I received a new puppy! Don't you just love it when a plan goes together! :D Maggie has been the best anniversary present I could imagine. She has brought a great amount of joy to our family in the few weeks we have been owned by her. :oops:

I visit many hunting and shotgunning forums in my free time (remember, I'm a firefighter :wink: ) and this has to be the most helpful and professional that I have visited. No bashing or bad language or putting beginners down. Excellant job and kudos to all who are involved in this site!

Later...
Rick (Manitou)

Manitou

Post by Manitou » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:35 pm

I'm 45 tomorrow. :cry: Male, not neutered as of yet. :?

Married 9 years this round. :oops:

Two kids, daughter is a senior in High School, our son is in the seventh grade. These are children I married with my wife.

I've been hunting since the age of seven. Killed my first buck at eleven, on my own. Have been an avid big-game hunter, bow hunter, and black-powder hunter for many years. Have hunted hogs, javelina, elk, mule deer, and whitetail. Ducks, geese, and small game too. We also enjoy fly fishing and hunting for indian artifacts. I only recently got into skeet and trap shooting, then bird hunting. I am in awe when watching good dog handling and seeing them work. We are getting tired of paying someone to "guide" and provide a dog.

Although I raised and trained "coon" dogs way back in the 70's and early 80's, Maggie is my first bird dog. I'm amazed at her development, observancy?, and intelligence. She is my little Honey, and I'm already extremely attached to her.

I'm a 15-year firefighter (Captain) and my wife is a nurse. I am in my twentieth year in the Armed forces. Spent 8 years active duty Army infantry, and another 8 in the Army Reserves. I smartened up and re-trained into the Air Force Reserves and am currently a machinist/aeronautical welder on A-10 aircraft.

I want to train my own dog for the obvious reasons of self-gratification and bonding with her. Pride seems to be playing a bit in there too. 8)

Maggie was an anniversary gift to me from my wife. I convinced my wife to go bird hunting with me for our anniversary and in return, I received a new puppy! Don't you just love it when a plan goes together! :D Maggie has been the best anniversary present I could imagine. She has brought a great amount of joy to our family in the few weeks we have been owned by her. :oops:

I visit many hunting and shotgunning forums in my free time (remember, I'm a firefighter :wink: ) and this has to be the most helpful and professional that I have visited. No bashing or bad language or putting beginners down. Excellant job and kudos to all who are involved in this site!

Later...
Rick (Manitou)

whiteruger

Post by whiteruger » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:32 am

I am 53, female, married [ this time 20 years ] . We have 4 sons, ages 34, 32, 26, 17, 2 grandsons 13, 2, & 3rd grandson due in July. My husband is a U.S. Border Patrol agent for 23+ years. We do search and rescue work with the sheriff's dept. and we are both with the local volunteer fire dept. We live on the Canadian border in MN 8 miles from Lake of the Woods. We have had GSP's for over 20 years, Right now we have Ruger, 5yrs, and are newly adopted rescue dog from the wgspr, Tucker, 10 yrs old, also 4 horses. We like to hunt & fish, probably fishing has taken the # 1 spot since we moved up here 4 years ago . I don't much like ice fishing, being born and raised in Southern California its not normal to drive on water! LOL Ruger loves it! stands and stares down the hole all day! I love fishing in the summer and we always take the dogs with us. there really spoiled!! sleep with us and all, LOL
I recently became involved in rescue work with Lisa from the WGSPR in Wisconsin, signed up to do foster care and that's how we got Tucker. My husband says if I had the chance I would trade him in on another GSP, tehe. I sometimes wonder why I do the things I do at my age, escpecialy after a fire and I feel like am going to die :lol: Like my friends and I always say, " If we had known we would live this long we would have taken better care of ourselves' LOL :lol: :lol:

original mngsp

Post by original mngsp » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:24 pm

Alice

Welcome aboard. Chris here in MN also, treasurer of the GSPC of Minnesota.

Nice to hear your working with rescue programs, keep up the good work.

rkalgren

Post by rkalgren » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:13 pm

Name: Bob
Happily married for 15 years. My wifes name is Amy, she is 32. We have four daughters, they are Jordon 14, Stephanie 13, Jasmine and Brandy are the twins and will be 12 on Easter.
We have 2 GSPs, one is 18 months and one is 10 months. Both are female, Annie and Gracie. We like to show them and are just now learning how to train them for hunting. We also have 2 dachunds and 2 bassets. All 6 dogs believe that they should sleep with us. (Thank God for king sized beds)
My wife works full time as did I until the doctors told me to change careers. I will be starting college in the fall. After 21 years out of school that scares me.

RabbitBeagle

Post by RabbitBeagle » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:42 pm

23 Male

Lived in MN all my life. Work for an Architectural firm for the past 3 years. Not married but living with GF.

Been hunting Pheasants, grouse, deer since I was about 12.

Just bought a beagle pup about 5 months ago named Zoey, she is 7 months old now.

Guinness & Doug

A little about me

Post by Guinness & Doug » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:26 am

I'm new to Gun Dog Forum. Here's who I am:
Name: Doug Bakke
My Dog: Guinness, Springer Spaniel
I live in: Coutts, Alberta

Guinness is my first gun dog. He's 11 weeks old. I live and work in Coutts. I'm married to Tracy and Guinness is our only "child". Coutts is a small town on the U.S. border. Sweetgrass, MT is just three blocks south of me. I hunt and fish with a passion (just shoot me if I can't do either). I grew up hunting big game, and still do (deer (WT and MD), elk, moose). However, birds are where it's at for me. Pheasant is my bird of choice, but I'll never pass up a Sharp-tailed grouse or Hungarian Partridge. I have to travel for them, but also love Ruffed Grouse. I was looking for a Munsterlander, but a litter of Springer's came available locally, so we jumped at them.

My other interests include fly fishing (esp. on the Crowsnest/Bow rivers) and fly tying, backpacking and camping. Dabbled in some mountaineering, too.

Having a puppy is challenging (especially dealing with biting), but he's coming along. He's very bold / outgoing and is a bit of a hardhead (discipline doesn't phase him) - but bold is good. He's smart as a whip; he already knows come, down, sit, stay. Not reliably yet and he gets distracted easily - but he's still a puppy and I'm not worried.

I'm really looking forward to spending time on GDF. I've already gleaned some great advice on biting. I've got some pics of my pup on 'user galleries' under 'Guinness' if anyone's interested!

pear

Post by pear » Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:35 pm

Welcome aboard Doug, Tracy and Guinness !! Hopefully we can all learn from each other and grow together. Enjoy your time here. ..."pear"
"When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new "puppy". Then I realized that the Lord, in his wisdom, didn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked him to forgive me".

Arti
Nikki
Diamond
Bailey

MikeH

Post by MikeH » Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:13 pm

I'm Mike. 16 years old a sophmore in highschool. I raises quail and pheasant in the past then moved to chickens. Now I'm trying to get back into the gamebirds. I taxidermy for a little hobbie/moneymaker. I hunt quail, deer, pheasant, literally anything that they stick a season on. I got my first birdog when I was 15, kind of a late birthday present form my parents since I had been bugging them about letting me train a dog to hunt with. The dog is an english pointer named Hap. Once I got him trained we took him out for the first time this quail season and he did pretty good for a bull headed pup. lol In school Im an active FFA member and show cattle.

thats about it so I guess I'll see everyone around the site.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:46 pm

Welcome aboard Mike. Hope we can help you with any problems that come your way and you can add to our knowledge here too.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

hrchunter

Post by hrchunter » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:05 pm

im Daniel im15 and im from staunton,va.i helped train my current chessie and our previous chessie and golden,im soon to be getting my very 1st pup of my own a lab,im also in the ffa in school and hunt just about anything.i judge cattle and volunteer for my local fire dept.
if u can't do it with a dog it aint worth doin

huntin dogs are like potato chips you can't have just one.

OKChris

Post by OKChris » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:31 pm

I'm Chris, from Tulsa,OK. Been hunting about 4yrs. age: gonna be 30 real soon. I have two dogs, both pet mutts only. Looking into possibly getting a hunting pup to train sometime after I buy my wife of 8 yrs a house :) No kids yet.

OKChris

GSP4619

Post by GSP4619 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:45 pm

I am a 36 year old female from Philadelphia my real name is Santina. I have been married now for 5 years. I work at the Stock Exchange was a floor supervisor now I am in the office in administration. My husband Danny is a carpenter. We don't have any kids they were just not in the cards for me. But it's ok we are dealing with it LOL. I have a 2 year old GSP Ava who I adopted from the SPCA. I don't hunt but love to fish & go crabbing. I started finding about these forums and chat rooms when my dog was sick 2 years ago I entered Yahoo dog chat to just talk to people and I made some really good friends their and I don't go in their much any more their are to many room crashers and foreigners (SP) it got crazy but we all pop in from time to time and email everyday to keep the group updated on the furkids and their success in shows & just everyday life with them.

I came upon this forum when I was looking for people who had GSP's like I did or for any kind of hunting dog for that matter. Just like to meet people and hear about their dogs and stuff like that. It's hard to meet people well for me anyone if I can't stare a person in the eye it's hard to see how true ones character is LOL. I am not one to talk about me, and ever since I got Ava she has made it easier for me to talk to people at the park and stuff like that and in this forum.

Danny thought it was nuts how I made friends in Yahoo chat but he got over it LOL. I hope I covered everything and I am glad I came into this forum it seems to be a really good group of people who truly love the hunting breeds and know what they are talking about.
Thank you! :) PS don't mind my spelling can't figure out the spell check LOL

whiteruger

Post by whiteruger » Mon May 01, 2006 12:49 pm

At least your dog kids don't ask for money, don't come home late, [ usually] they don't wreck cars and they don't hog the bathroom ,LOL :lol: Tucker is our 11 year old rescue dog and when he is gone I will get another rescue one, I think they are wonderful pets.

EastBeast

Post by EastBeast » Wed May 03, 2006 6:59 pm

Hi all! My name is Chris. I'll be 33 soon and live in Maine with my girlfriend and our Rotti. I have a GSP pup "in the works". Someday I'll be a commercial fisherman but right now I work as an electrician. I like to hunt and fish and generally most things that keep me in the great outdoors. I need more hair :( I have a "bleep" lot of hats.

Breton13

Post by Breton13 » Mon May 08, 2006 11:44 am

Hello!
My name is Fay, and I'm 29 1/2 yrs. I've lived in Grand Forks, ND since March 05. I've been married for 8 yrs, and have 2 daughters.
I grew up in Norway and, and we didn't have dogs or go hunting (my uncles did, grouse), but we'd go fishing all the time. My grandfather mostly hunted Moose, with elkhounds.
I started working at a Vet clinic at 19, where I was first introduced to Field trials by one of the vets. I started going with her any chance I got, and was a member of the Dog club, just so I could volunteer at the trials, training classes and shows :wink:
I am finally getting a dog (Brittany) next week :cheers: and can't wait to start training her. I know I'm going backwards with getting the dog, and then get into hunting (don't even have my own gun yet...), but I've found wonderful people to help me. And I've got enough enthusiasm to make up for the lack of experience :wink: and I won't have to worry about my dog learning to retreive, right? LOL

GSP4619

Post by GSP4619 » Mon May 08, 2006 12:36 pm

Welcome :)

Sergeant Hunter

Post by Sergeant Hunter » Wed May 10, 2006 1:37 pm

KC
Radar Repair Instructor in the Army
Going through a Divorce
1 boy age 12
1 Brittany age 18 months
Living in SW Oklahoma
I have been hunting since age 8. Started hunting quail with my dad at age 12. Hunted deer, rabbit, squirrel, but now have the quail bug firmly entrenched and have what I think is a truly outstanding hunting partner.

Wa Chukar Hunter

HMMM

Post by Wa Chukar Hunter » Tue May 16, 2006 7:10 pm

My name is Keith Hickam, I am 42 yrs old and have been training bird dogs for 20+ yrs. I turned pro in 1999. I am married with 6 children - I currently participate on a limited basis in AKC/AF Field trials and NAVHDA tests - I have trained two walking shooting dog champions. My breed of preference is llewellin setters. I live in Waco, TX and train dogs in SD in the summer.

I also own 3 small munsterlanders - and I enjoy training lots of different breeds of bird dogs.

Keith
Last edited by Wa Chukar Hunter on Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NVgsp

Post by NVgsp » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:40 pm

Chris
married 1.5 years
2 gsps, 1 yorkie (i'll let you guess whos that is)
work in sales for a slot route operation
love training dogs, wakeboarding, golf, basketball...pretty much anything active.
started training labs but, after hunting behind my uncles gsps i made the ultimate decision to switch breeds. couldnt be happier. they have given me a new joy in hunting. such a pleasure to watch. also, i am always in search for more information and that is what led me to this great site. the people here are terrific. Grant you have done a heck of a job. thanks for everything you do.
Chris

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:23 am

Name: Greg Blair
Marital Status: Married
Kids: One plus Two Step-kids
Dogs: German Shorthaired Pointer and wife's Golden
Years around hunting dogs: 12+
Dog games: Now...NSTRA, future...NSTRA & Cover Dog
Other Hobbies: Hunting turkeys, deer. Following racing - open-wheel & stock car
What's Going On: GSP is currently 1X NSTRA CH, 2005 State Regional Champion, and 2006 State Regional 2nd RU
Oddly enough: Registered name of my GSP is...Unanswered Prayer...song from Garth Brooks. Thank the good Lord, due to a divorce I purchased "Rookie"...sometimes your prayers (marriage) go unanswered and a new "buddy" is provided instead!

wes70

Post by wes70 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:54 am

Name: Wes Murphey
Sex: Male
Marital Status: Married for to long
Kids: 1 son James 10. 11 in Oct.
Dog: House Dog's Dachehound 4 and Beagle/Corggie Mix 7
Hunting Dog I hope EP 14 weeks
Hunting: Mostly Deer,Turkey & Dove. Looks like I am going to start getting
into Quail hunting now.

Goosedan

Post by Goosedan » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:30 am

Name: Danny Dorrance
Kids: One at the end of July plus One Step-kid
Dogs: German Shorthaired Pointer and Choco Lab
Years around hunting dogs:20+
Dog games: Still thinking about it
Other Hobbies: Hunting waterfowl, phesants, quail, turkeys, deer, elk, rabbits, everything.

ckfowler

Post by ckfowler » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:37 pm

Interesting to see the different backgrounds.

Name: Colin Fowler
Kids: One
Dogs: English Setter, Lab/Shephard mix
Years around hunting dogs:30+
Dog games: UFTA, NBDCA, NSTRA
Other Hobbies: fly fishing and tying
Colin

ditchparrot19

Post by ditchparrot19 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:26 am

Name: John Johnson
Home: Paradise, CA
Family: Been married a little over a year, two stepkids.
Dogs: Zeke, a 5-year-old yellow Lab; Mazie, a 1 1/2-year-old English setter; and Paco, a 5-year-old chihuahua.
Other hobbies: Shooting trap, skeet and sporting clays, fly-fishing and fly-tying.

I've been hunting since I was a young boy. We had two pointers back then, and my dad was from the old school – dogs never entered the house because that would make them go soft. Now, dogs run my house. They go in and out a doggie door as they please, have free run of all the furniture and sleep in bed with me on the occasions that my wife goes out of town on business.

I hunt some waterfowl, but mostly upland (wild pheasants are No. 1 on my list). I couldn't decide whether I preferred a flushing or pointing dog, so I now have one of each.
Last edited by ditchparrot19 on Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hotpepper

About Me

Post by Hotpepper » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:58 pm

60 years old and retired 8 years. I tell everyone that my wife of 42 years "supports me in a manner in which I have grown accustomed."

Bird Dogs: 20 years and 19 years of field trialing

National Level: That is where I want to be, GSPCA Futurity Manager for 5 years now. Love the NGSPA and 1 hour stakes the best.

Dogs: 3 GSP's and 2 year old lab.

Home: Indiana

Field Trialed this Year; In Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Illinois, Ohio and Michigan and Maryland. Love that arena and that competion.

Breed one litter a year with a new one on the way for Labor Day. :)

Current Dog Competitor: 6 year old finished AKC field champion and 3 NGSPA runner ups on him. Brokest dog in the country.

Worker: Chairman & Board Member of the Allbreed, worked at GSPCA Nationals for 7 years, NGSPA Quail Championship board member

Pepper
2009 NGSPA National Champion R/U
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2071

Jeremiah 29:11

God says He has Plans for Me