A little about you...

dannerdog

Post by dannerdog » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:50 pm

Hey my name is Naomi Davis and my husband is Andy, we just got our first Pointer his names Danner and he's now 10 weeks old. We both went hunting with our dads growing up only Elk/Deer, we really enjoy bird hunting so now we're training our dog and look forward to years of fun ahead of us. I'm currently a stay at home wife taking care of our dog and my husband works full time for Les Schwab Tire, if your not from the West thats the largest tire center round here.

Breton13

Post by Breton13 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:17 pm

Welcome and good luck with your pup!
Fay P.
Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.
Penny's Pedigree
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=270

shume

Post by shume » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:35 am

Name: Shawn Hume
Grew up in SW Kansas. I am currently attending school at Fort Hays State University in Kansas. My major is conservation biology, I will be finished fall of next year. The past 4 summers I have worked as a stream survey technician for KDWP, traveling the state surveying rivers (shocking & seining fish, water chemistry, invertebrate & mussel sampling, physical river measuring, etc.) Awesome job, especially for someone who isn't tied down. Get to travel the state and see something new and interesting every day, never gets old!

I have always been extremely interested in hunting and the outdoors. I was fortunate enough to grow up in a family that introduced it to me at an early age. I grew up around bird dogs, but have never trained one myself. I just got an English Setter about 2 months ago. Her name is Sage, she is about 14 weeks old now. Seems like she is going to be one heck of a bird dog, lots of instinct, good genes.

I joined GDF so that I can learn everything I can about training and possibly get to know more people in my area (or anywhere for that matter). Since I found this website I cant keep myself away from it. Its great!!! I have learned so much already, looking forward to learning much more.

RoundRiver Setters

Post by RoundRiver Setters » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:58 am

Welcome Shawn! That is a great looking ES. Glad to have another one on the forum. :lol: ........Scott
"To be good, a bird dog must give you goose pimples when he's working a bird." 'George Bird Evans'
Scott & Shelley

Heartlands Outlaw Jesse
Stevens Round River Babe
Setter Hills Blue Molly

big steve46

Post by big steve46 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:45 pm

Welcome! The more Setter guys, the better.
big steve

BigShooter
GDF Junkie

Post by BigShooter » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:16 pm

Mark Lunseth, 54, M, 4 sons (all hunt), CPA, Healthcare Exec., health sciences background, part time Fishing Charters - USCG licensed Master Captain, a few jr. marksman medals in a shoe box somewhere, had a lab, GSP and 2 Britts. growing up, owned ES & currently own GSP. Participated a bit in Irish Setter & Arabian shows as a youth. Hunted small and big game all of my life. Prefer upland bird hunting, esp. pheasant, sharptails and ruffed grouse. Most familiar with MN, WI and the Dakotas. Two brothers have or have had GSP, Weim, EP & SS. Son has a new Britt. that came from OK complete with fleas, worms and giardia. Nephew's Weim recently got into raisons and nearly died from kidney disease as a result.

GSP female hunting companion is the litter mate to the 2007 NGSPA AA NC and will be bred early March if she goes into heat on time. Have not been active in trialing but expect that will change.

FanofGSP'S

Post by FanofGSP'S » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:28 am

Hello all. My name is Tom. I am 41 and from Michigan.I was an owner of a Male GSP named Boomer who I lost this past January 21st.I found this site thru a Michigan outdoor forum and glad I found it.I am an avid fly fisher and commercial fly tier(online and direct) and I enjoy upland hunting. Hopefully this spring my Girlfriend and I will find another Gsp to fill our lives.Hope to post more in the future.
Tom

DarbyMan

Post by DarbyMan » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:39 pm

Hello all,
I am new to gun dog hunting. I recently purchased a choc. lab pup and am getting ready to train him myself. I have considered sending him to a trainer but I decided not to. It will be a challenge but I also think it will be very rewarding. My focus will be on ducks and doves since that is what I hunt the most, besides deer. The training right now has been a little limited due to weather (I am in central OH) but spring should be here soon. I've done lots of reading about training and any pointers (no pun intended) will gladly be accepted! Wish me luck.

I live in central Ohio, just west of Columbus along Big Darby creek

shume

Post by shume » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:16 pm

Welcome to the forum guys!

BCA1228

Hello

Post by BCA1228 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:53 pm

I'm 27 and live and grew up in South Carolina. Been hunting all my life, but fairly new to the upland scene. I have 2 GSP's: Ross(10 months) and Jake(3 months).

Gridiron and Grouse

Post by Gridiron and Grouse » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:15 pm

I'm 24 years old and live in Pa. I've grown up around dogs (golden, brittany, weim, and a chessie). I worked with the brittany a lot when I was real young but as I got older and busier with high school sports etc. i had less time to be outdoors.

Now I'm 24 in my second year of teaching and coaching. I teach elementary physical education and coaching football, track, and do some strength and conditioning coaching as well. I'm engaged to my high school girlfriend who is an elementary teacher, and finally settled in. It is definitely time for me to get a dog. I'm really looking forward to getting back into working with a dog. I really enjoy going after grouse and pheasant. I think I've decided on a Vizsla and I'm currently looking for a breeder and shooting to get a pup next winter or spring. That will give me my summer to spend a lot of time with the dog especially when it is young. For now I'm trying to soak up as much knowledge and advice as possible.

brtcaptain

Howdy y'all

Post by brtcaptain » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:08 pm

I'm a Father of 4 teenagers: 2-16y/os, a 13y/o, and a 12y/o. I have a great wife that puts up with me and my stuff. 43y/o Captain on a Ladder Truck, 1 spoiled GSP "Major" that goes every where I go and I mean every where. In the process of learning about hunting with a pointer, which means I'm reading a lot of books and looking silly in the yard and at the Station...have read "Gun Dog". This is our first pointer and GSP, we are looking and thinking about gettin Major a friend...

Dexter

Post by Dexter » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:00 pm

Hello my name is Baron Dexter Von Schrodie, I'm a 13 week old GSP that loves to play, get into everything and then sleep for hours. I am in the process of training my owner and that is going well.
As for my owner, his name is Mark, he is 45 years old and he works for a major cargo airline as a Ramp Agent. He is married and has two daughters aged 12 and 19. He has been hunting deer for 7 years and turkey for 2 years. He is now interested in upland bird hunting, I guess that is one of the reasons that I am here. If all goes well I should be able to help him out in the field, I'll point em and hopefully he'll shoot em...

foosdog

A little about me

Post by foosdog » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:26 am

I'm 40 married with a 15 month daughter.

Southern WI - Green county -

Grew up Pheasant hunting with father and friends and their GSP's, FT lines and hunting.

My first dog was a Ryman/Hemlock ES probally the most gentle dog I will ever own but a determined hunter, that dog would work all the brush!
She even went field goose hunting with me. she passed on at 14 years even with HD. someday I will have another.

She got older and I moved to almost FT duck/goose hunting with a little Pheasant.

My next dog was a yellow lab that I worked with for retriever training or shall I say he trained me! awesome dog, but owner was a good non-hunting friend. Bought my own Black Lab, another very good lab! This was my buddy thru and thru, I even took 2 months off one year and hunted close to 5 days a week! He was the downed bird finder no matter what we hunted! often coming back with strays he would find. He passed on at age 12, he had a cancerious tumor rupture.
I still miss my buddy!

I am now retired from the waterfowl scene and back into the upland game birds with my Weims, really dig the pointers! some people don't care for the bootlickers but I appriecate a close working dog, a lot of my hunting area's are only 40 or acres and I don't want a hard running dog working birds out of a field before I can catch up.

I also deer hunt, part time Bison ranch hand, retired foosball player (LOL) and full time father and husband and dog lover.

chukar_brew

bit about myself

Post by chukar_brew » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:19 pm

Hello all. My name is Jake.

I'm a 30 yr old male that lives in northern Nevada and works as a fisheries biologist for a native american tribe. My avatar shows my 5 year old weimaraner, "Aussie", who was getting to be an excellent chukar hunter. Unfortunately, he was struck and killed by a speeding car when chasing a stray off 5 days ago. I am devastated but am already looking at getting my emotions together to get a new pup and begin work before this next season.

Breton13

Post by Breton13 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:28 pm

I am so sorry for your loss, how awful! But welcome to the forum, and I hope you find some comfort talking to all us fellow dog lovers. I am working with my first 2 dogs, but I know this time is difficult for you. Pleasa know our thoughts are with you, and I am a firm beliver that nothing heals the loss of a dog like an adorable puppy! You will surely find some good advice and relief for your loss on this site. Lots of good people here, and we do share the love of dogs!
Fay P.
Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.
Penny's Pedigree
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=270

windswept

Post by windswept » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:58 am

Hi all.
My name is Tom Wilcox. I live in Sioux Falls, SD.
I have been into dogs since I was 11 and my adult sister was getting rid of a dog that I had fallen in love with. I pressured my mother enough to let me bring the dog home for a trial. I slept the first night on the cold vinyl floor in the entry way to keep my new dog quiet. According to my wife it's been an obsession ever since.
I currently own a non-hunting Golden and three Drahthaars.
We mostly hunt pheasants but cotton tails and jack rabbits provide a nice off season diversion.
My wife and I have 5 kids from 2 - 22 years old. Mary stays home and I am self employed in the financial services industry.
Looking forward to participating in all of the knowlege sharing available.

Too many good dogs, not enough time!
Tom

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:04 pm

Welcome to GDF!

Greg J.

lightonthebay

Post by lightonthebay » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:26 pm

Hi everybody, I am James (Jim) Maher, 49. I have two non-hunting dogs now but I have a DD ordered which I hope will be born in May or early June and I will pick it up in July.
I have not done any serious bird hunting for more than 25 years but now I have time to get back into it before its too late.
I own a wildland firefighting company. My dogs are a high priority with me and they go with me everywhere I can take them. I also mess around with my horses and do some camping in my free time.
I look forward to learning from the members of this forum.

Jim

windswept

Post by windswept » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:20 pm

Hey Jim.
Welcome aboard. I'm a DD person also. I'm curious, where is your new DD pup coming from?
You will have a lot of fun over the next two years developing a hunting dog!
Tom

lightonthebay

Post by lightonthebay » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:57 pm

Hi Windswept, I made a deposit on a pup from Vom Orion (Paul Trout) of Boise Idaho. I was informed that the first breeding didn't take back in January so I hope this one is successful. I am really looking forward to training a DD. When I was younger I had flushing dogs. I like the idea of a hunting dog that points and from what I gather from the posts I have read on these forums both the DD and Paul Trout are top notch!

If you have any tips for me I would like ot hear them. Do you live nearby?

Jim

lightonthebay

Post by lightonthebay » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:59 pm

Hey Tom, I am sorry I used your screen name (windswept) I didn't mean to be rude.

Jim

huntcrazy_1

A little bit about me

Post by huntcrazy_1 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:08 pm

Name: Clint
Dogs I have living with me: Annie (4 year old Female Black Lab) Jag (4 month old male GSP)
Occupaton: Electrician

I have had hunting dogs all of my life ( all Labs) untill about a month ago my wife Lisa called me at work to tell me she found a GSP that my mothers nextdoor neighbor was giving away :D , the only condition was I had to pick it up on mt way home from work. :o We had been talking about getting another dog but this was a bit to soon, I mean we were not prepared for a puppy in the house in any way. I told here that I would talk to the neighbor and find out a bit about this pup, So I picked it up on the way home. It was free and anything free is worth saving up for. If it was dumber that a bag of hammer handels I too could give the dog away.
Turns out this dog is smart and learns quick, but I don't know much about pointers. He Retreves like a champ and gets along with the other dog so that's good enought for me, besides my wife wanted to train this one so I can always just put the blame on her :lol: We like to do some huntrials in the off season and have done well with that and have met a lot of good people through the trials. We also like to do a lot of upland and water fowl hunting. I have 2 kids (Jada is 13 and Logan is 10)and they love to go hunting with us. So that is about it for my Bio and just want to say this looks like a verry friendly and informative forum.
Clint
I have been hunting almost every day of my life, the rest have just been wasted!

vols fan

Re: A little about you...

Post by vols fan » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:11 am

Browsing for a year.I'm 48 Hunt in neb and s ga and n ga mtns.Have 3 gsps , aRasorhaven bitch and 2 14 month old pups out of her and Brenda's Logan.My male pup is with Brenda now. Sorry about Logan, coundn't bring it up when we talked sat. I hunt quail, pheasant and grouse.I shoot SKB's20and 28 ou.Just bird hunt for now ,did do some NSTRA in the mid 90's.Really enjoy working with puppies ,hopefully not messing them up. Great forum!!

monksmom

Post by monksmom » Thu May 01, 2008 10:58 am

I'm an almost 51 yr old married, female. Have three stepgrandchildren. My husband doesn't hunt or flyfish, so I partake of those hobbies with friends. I never hunted until we welcomed a Spinone Italiano into our home. I grew up with a Dalmatian, then a German Shepherd, and with my husband, two Rotties. We took a trip a few years back to England and met a Spinone Italiano and we immediately felt that was the dog for us. Even before the pup was born, the breeder asked who was going to hunt. I looked at my husband (knowing he had no interest in that) and said I would give it a try. So I went to buy an over/under and learned to shoot clay birds before we brought the pup home. I joined 2 different chapters of NAVHDA and have been working with the pup ever since. He's now 20 months old and still a pistol. He earned a NAVHDA Prize 2 and just got his JH and now we are doing force retrieve training. He also shows in the breed ring and needs one major and a total of 5 more points to finish that. So he keeps me hopping! Hoping to do Senior hunter this fall and UT in the Spring of next year. I enjoy hunting with him on these crummy pen raised birds in PA along with grouse and was hoping to go to the midwest this fall, but that may have to wait as we are going to Italy in October.

Hi to everyone!

Beetie

Post by Beetie » Wed May 07, 2008 9:58 pm

A MARINER WITH HIS FIRST BRITTANY, DEETS, 11 WEEK OLD MALE. WE'VE BEEN READING LOT'S OF BOOKS . BUT WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANY OF YOU OLD TIMERS HAVE A COPY OF PERFECT START, PERFECT FINISH YOU WANT TO LET GO OF?

ajones

Post by ajones » Thu May 08, 2008 6:02 am

name: Alvin Jones
I am married with two kids..er! young adults.
hobbies: Hunting, fishing, golf
I have had hunting dogs all my life but, have been into bird dogs for about eight years. I enjoy the training portion of the bird dogs the most, there is nothing like watching a young pup develop into a staunch bird finding machine. I do some wild quail hunting and also guide some for a local preserve.
I enjoy watching the different breeds of pointing dogs however, my breed of choice is trhe English Pointer.
I have three pointers at this time Sassy, Kong and Dixie, and just sent out a deposit for another pup.
I am just starting to explore the trials and have participated in a couple of NSTRA events, really enjoyed it.
Nice to have a forum such as this.

Petra

Post by Petra » Fri May 16, 2008 10:30 am

Petra is my GSP, we hunt Grouse and Pheasant in MN. and Wisc. I am a woman who enjoys hunting upland game with my dog . I have also been hunting in Africa. I enjoy training Gun dogs and I am for breeding dogs for the enhancement of the breed.

AZ Brittany Guy

Post by AZ Brittany Guy » Mon May 19, 2008 6:46 pm

I am 59 years old, took early retirement from a company I was with for 31 years. I moved to the AZ White mtns with my wife I have been married to for 33 years and I play with Brittanys in field trials and hunting. I have a litter of pups on the ground and having a lot of fun watching them develop. We have 6 Brittanys, 3 male and 3 female, 1 rescue Britt mix with Aussie and my wife's springer pup. I enjoy training bird dogs has a hobby.

natetnc

Post by natetnc » Mon May 19, 2008 7:54 pm

just found this thread.

will turn 30 this year after 2 years of being married. started out with an interest in forestry, got the degree and found out it wasn't for me. went back to school and got masters in accounting, this line of work suits me better. been in public accounting for 2 years. have always wanted a brittany but never knew anyone who bird hunted and school took all my $. eventually got more financially stable and was able to purchase my first brit. i got her online from a family in NE, no known lineage, but they said the parents hunted pheasants. she was a handful at first as our only other dog is a 6 yo pekingese. will be picking up my next brit in nov when i make my way out to KS.

-nate

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue May 20, 2008 10:46 am

Discovered this Board by accident and am enjoying it thoroughly.
Have been involved with dogs all my life - beagles, GSPs, JRTs, and now setters.
I have 2 setters and a JRT now.
I trial my setters with the American Field/AFTCA/ Region 13/ Ontario Bird Dog and Conservation Association. I am responsible for the tallying of the Dog of the Year points and the trophies/plaques with the Toronto Club.
Both my setters have been Derby Dog of the Year and are now participating in Shooting Dog Stakes.

When I have time I compete in the CKC JRT Hunt Tests.

I'm a lady in my 60s ; I am a literacy teacher at a 450 bed Detention Centre.

I am not a big hunter but get out maybe a dozen times a year for pheasant, grouse, woodcock and bunnies.

I see some of my heroes on this board - Gulledges' and Formans - so wonder who am I to post, but we'll see. :D
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

upland-o

Post by upland-o » Fri May 23, 2008 8:56 pm

My name is Matt DeLorenzo, Im a 25 year old full time hunting and fly fishing guide from New York. I currently own two Espagneul Breton's. As far as hunting goes, I prefer to hunt woodcock and grouse in that order but I do a great deal of pheasant hunting on preserves with clients. I make a point to travel with the dogs to see new places and pursue new game. Ive hunted birds in Pennsylvania, Connecticut, both Dakotas, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri, and a host of others. I recently joined this board because a good friend of mine who was helping me train my dogs my throughout my career recently passed away leaving me with the privledge and responsibility. Im also interested in hunt testing and learning whatever I can, meeting new friends, the whole experience

paulspointers

Post by paulspointers » Thu May 29, 2008 4:51 pm

My name is Paul. I began hunting with my grandfather and his pointers about the time I was able to walk and remember. As an Iowa farmer with an eigth grade education my Grandfather "Gramps" helped generate in me a basic life philosophy and passion for huntin, good dogs, and conservation of the land that still lasts long after his death. I have continued his work with my own children, nephew, and anyone who might listen to a guy who talks dogs and huntin!

So, here I go again! My goal is to eventually trial my dogs, but I am reluctant to begin. For me it is the competition factor. I used to coach and teach, and competition for grades and wins are somewhat a thing of the past for me. Now I cherish the look on an adults or kids face when he/she feels the excitement of a covey rise!! I know first hand and from long experience the theraputic value a dog can add to a persons life!

Currently, I have two litters of English Pointers For Sale, and continue taking people on guided quail and pheasant hunts in Iowa.

3Britts

Post by 3Britts » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:41 am

Name: Rodney Marchant
Married to Bechy for 15 years. We have 2 boys 14/12 and 2 girls 6/4
English Professor in Ogden Utah
I have had dogs all of my life. Started with a Lab until I decided that I liked upland more the water when I got a Springer who did it all better than the labs. My Springer, Rafkin, loved the water and was the best hunting dog I ever had. The only problem was that he did not like pheasant and refused to point them. So, we hunted quail, grouse, chuckar, duck, geese & ect. When he died in 2004, I just could not get another Springer as I knew the new one would never match. It is also when I decided that I would need to have more than one dog. Now, as you can tell, I have Brittanys. My neighbor growing up had a kennel of 9 Britts. He was the one who got me into hunting. Now I hunt and fish from Wisconsin to Nevada, Montana to Texas.
No offense, but my ego tends to run on overload where my dogs are concerned. I won't breed my male to any female who can't keep up to him in the field. I have friend who keep putting me together with other hunters that brag their dog is the greatest hunter in the world. Good friendly rivally goes a long way. So, If you are in area and want to see how you compare, come on over and I'll show you what a bird dog looks like. :wink: :wink:
Now, I have three Brittanys, as I've said. Tania, 3.5, Ron, 3, and Summer, 9 months. Tania is the granddaughter of Microdot. Ron is the son of Bourbon XIII, Purina Gundog of the year for 2005. Summer is from Bean Blaze line.
Apart from dogs, I raise rabbits, keep pigeons (only wild ones of course), and have one Python to keep the mice away. You see, rodents can smell a snake in the house and stay out. Yes, it does work. I lived in Minnesota for 7 years. All of the neighbors had mice in their houses. We had a snake and had none. Discovery Channel.
Hobbies include word working, restoring/modifying old cars (currently restoring a 79 turbo trans am with my oldest son, 14), fishing in the Boundary Waters every September. Dogs and hunting are not hobbies, they are a way of life. I do trial and show on occaision. Tania is a big running dog, her range is between 200 yards and 2 miles. Ron is my gundog. You will be seeing him on the trial ground this fall at the urging of my friends locally. I plan to run the gun dog stakes solely. Summer will be in the puppy and derby stakes this fall as well. I would have gone out this spring but came down with phneumonia in March. Luckily, Weber State only has be scheduled for classes on Tuesday and Thursday this fall, so I am good to go. That is if gas prices don't keep me away.
Well, that is me in a nutshell.
See you all online.

dski

Post by dski » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:38 pm

Name: Dave
Married w/ 3 daughters
Location - Upstate NY, on the Canadian Border
Dog Breed: Curley Coated Retriever
I've been duck hunting since around age 9, deer hunting came along a while later and became an archer about 15 years ago. I've owned many dogs but never a true hunting dog - some would retrieve to a small degree, some came along as company others ran for the truck at the first shot. I spent some time with a CCR on a trip to Maine 14 years ago and vowed I would one day have one. Finally last spring found me in Delaware picking up my new best friend - we've been learning ever since. I joined this forum to talk to other folks with similar intentions.

garfong

Post by garfong » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:20 pm

My name is Mark, I'm a wannabe teacher in PA.
I just started getting into falconry last year and I'm currently training (trying is more like it) a long haired mini-daschund to flush rabbits for me. I hope to get into shooting with bird dogs eventually, so this forum is a great find.
-Mark

tfbirddog2

Post by tfbirddog2 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:31 am

Been on here for how long and never done a intro I dont think.Well here it goes.My name is Todd 31 yrs old, married with to 2 girls( Eryn6 and Anastaisa 3 yrs).Electrician by trade, read meters for rural power company(know where all the birds and critters are).Started into the outdoors by my Dad and uncles.Broke my first clay at 7 yrs and was hooked on shooting since.Got my hunters saftey in 1984 and have had a fix to be hunting something all the time.Been hunting with a dog since I was 9 and knew I wanted one after that.Dads boss ahd a 8 yr old GSP he want to give me if I liked it so we went hunting one time and loved her, she got hit by a car three days before I went to pick her up, didnt get my first birddog till I was 24, buthave been helping train them since I was 15.Now I have a 7 1/2 yr Lab/WiemerX female ,3 female GSPs 2-5yrs and 1 16 weeks.Been guiding hunts at a lodge(Smoky River Rendzouvs Inc.) for 6 yrs, been doing some tpye of guided hunt since I was in high school.Hunting and my dogs are a passion for me.Found a pretty good niche in life and enjoying it.
" Everyone makes fun of a redneck till their car breaks down"Larry the Cable Guy

WireHairedGrifo

Post by WireHairedGrifo » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:58 pm

Hello everyone. I'm from Knoxville, Tn. I rescued a 5 month old wire haired pointing girffon mix puppy in May. She is now a little over 6months old. I'm not sure what she is mixed with. She has turned in to quite the swimmer recently. She is one of the best dogs I've ever encountered. Her name is Magnolia Blossom but we call her Maggie for short.

jackmcmanus21

Post by jackmcmanus21 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:46 am

Mark, where in PA are you at?

JBark

Post by JBark » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:29 pm

Hi, my name is John I am 50 and have been involved with birddogs most of my life. My father was an avid quail hunter and birdog junkie and so am I. I am married with two children and they are my support group for this birdog addiction. I have 5 pointers and two Llewellins. Although the wild quail population has fallen on hard times in Florida, there are some on public land. I look forward to being a part of Gun Dog Forum.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:00 pm

Welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Boxa

Post by Boxa » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:05 am

I am 30 years old and in the real world I'm in sales, have a wife and two little girls who are great about my hunting "habit". I've been hunting since I was 8 years old, started with squirrels and rabbits, graduated to deer and turkey. Then my dad bought a shorthair about 15 years ago and I've been stuck on birds ever since, mostly pheasants and quail in North Central MO, but do travel to IA, KS and TX. Still hunt some deer and turkey and the odd dove, duck, etc. Due to the lack of wild birds I've gotten into some competition with my dogs over the last two years for something to do with them during the off season and to get more bird exposures. Looking forward to being on the forum.
Caleb F. Bryson
Bryson's Boxa Kennel

FC/AFC Bryson's Boxa Briarpatch Baby SH
FC/AFC Bryson's Boxa Lucky St. Lindy SH
DC/AFC Bryson's Boxa Wendell W. Woodbriar

Ricky Ticky Shorthairs

Post by Ricky Ticky Shorthairs » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:35 am

Check your PM's. :)

Doug

Boxa

Post by Boxa » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:19 am

Got it. Thx man!
Caleb F. Bryson
Bryson's Boxa Kennel

FC/AFC Bryson's Boxa Briarpatch Baby SH
FC/AFC Bryson's Boxa Lucky St. Lindy SH
DC/AFC Bryson's Boxa Wendell W. Woodbriar

Pineywoods

Post by Pineywoods » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:02 pm

Hi my name is Benjie I'm 50 years old. I have had hunting dogs since I was 13 years old. I started out with american fox
hounds. I have a great uncle who got his first bird dog in 1932 and in the late 80's he thought I should be infected to. So I started quail hunting with him and in the spring of 90 he gave me a liver & white female pointer pup and a obsession was born. Along the way I had a few English setters also, and in 99 I lucked in to a pair of Elhew litter mates that were really nice dogs.
Today I Have 8 pointers (Elhew bloodlines) that I hunt with here north Florida. I Have also hunted in NE OK CO KS. I do not
field trial although I have friends that do. I do enjoy attending trials and am lucky to live here in the plantation belt were
some big trials are held and some big name trainers train. How could you not have a good time around bird dogs and
bird dog people?
I have enjoyed reading this forum since I found it. I'm one of those guys that just loves to talk about bird dogs and will
every chance I get. So you have been warned !

MTO4Life

Post by MTO4Life » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:20 pm

My name is Travis, and I'm 31 years old. I'm an enforcement officer here in Ontario. I have been hunting my whole life, everything from squirrels through to bears and moose, with most animals and birds in between. My main focus now is deer. However, when the time came for my wife and I to get a dog, I figured it was as good a time as any to get back into upland birds. We got a beautiful Brittany pup from Sharptail Brittanys here in Ontario. She is the first dog I've every owned, so it has been an incredible learning curve. She is currently with the extremely talented gang of Wild Mountain Brittanys down in Pennsylvania doing some training, and will eventually be doing some field trials. I will then get her home in October for some well deserved hunting with her.
This forum has been EXTREMELY informative, and I appreciate the knowledge base that exists here. Keep up the great posts... especially if it is one of my questions!!! :!: :P

BDBUzi

Post by BDBUzi » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:12 am

My name is Jeff. I'm a 29 year old I.T. Systems Architect.
I have been hunting without dogs since I was old enough to hold a shotgun.

I got my first gun dog this Spring and I'm very excited to get him trained and ready to hunt with me.
My pups name is Elk Run Uzi (aka "Jesse"). He's a Fawn Male Braque Du Bourbonnais.

I look forward to learning as much as possible from all of the knowledgeable trainers on this forum.

Thanks for all of the info I've read thus far!

coryf

Post by coryf » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:53 pm

My name is Cory, 38 years old, married, 2 kids in the house. I live in SD, farm and have a pheasant hunting operation and small kennel of labs and shorthairs. I started out with labs about 15 years ago and have had Brits, GWP's and DD's as well. Right now I have 4 labs and 2 shorthairs and expecting a new litter soon which I will keep another pup from. Going to post litter info up also. Very lucky to live in pheasant country but don't shoot as often as you might think since I'm usually the guide. I enjoy training and handling the dogs almost as much as shooting though. I'm also fortunate enough to have a preserve on a few of the acres so we can enjoy an extended season. My favorite months to hunt upland are Feb/March when things slow down a little and I can get out and shoot a little myself and do some training in a "real" hunting situation. We have some phenominal wintering habitat that keeps bringing in the wild birds all winter long. Just found the forum and look forward to checking in on this forum from time to time.

birdogg42

Post by birdogg42 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:22 pm

Mike Riley
New Hamburg MO.
married, one kid, girl and one on the way due in march.
been following bird dogs since i was able to walk
I run pointers and wont have anything else.

New to NC

Post by New to NC » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:47 pm

55, playing snow bird from Alaska to NC for the winter. I have 2 Brittanys, one 3 year old male and one 8 year old female. Both have been shown and have participatedin AKC hunt tests as well as being primarily hunting dogs and buddies. I am about 25miles out of Raleigh in Willow Springs. I am looking for good safe areas to exercise the dogs and for training. I have leeds on bird hunting preserves in Dunn and out of Angier. I am not real interested in running events at this time, however I have been very active in AKC pointing dog HT's and Retriever HTs and trials in the past. Any help will sure be appricaiated.