A little about you...

CherrystoneWeims

Re: A little about you...

Post by CherrystoneWeims » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:33 pm

Dear New to NC,

The Sandhills Pointing Breed Club is based in Jackson, NC just outside of Pinehurst. It's a great group of people and they hold some nice events. Even though I live in SC I am a member of the club.
Pam
Cherrystone Weimaraners
Breeding for Conformation and Performance
NFC/FC Cherrystone La Reine De Pearl
CH Cherystone Perl of Sagenhaft MH,SDX,NRD,VX,BROM
CH Cherrystone Gone With the Wind JH

tennquailhunter

Post by tennquailhunter » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:58 pm

OK HERE GOES I AM OLD BUT I AM A NEW MEMBER.
MY NAME IS GEORGE EVERYONE CALLS ME TQ..I AM NOW 46 MARRIED TO DIANE, HAVE A SON DAUGHTER AND 2 GRANDSONS....I WORK FOR CITY STREET DEPARTMENT AND AM LEAD CONSTRUCTION INSPECTOR/PROJECT MANAGER/LAYOUT MAN/ANYOTHER POSSIBLE THING THEY NEED ME FOR.
IT HAS BEEN A WHILE SINCE I WAS ON THIS BOARD SORRY ABOUT HTAT GUYS AND GALS LIFE GETS BUSY.....WE NOW HAVE 1 MALE GSP MPK'S RUSTY'S CHANCE
FEMALE HOOPS GOOD NATURED SALLY
FEMALE REO SIOUX OUT OF PHIL AND GAYLA'S KENNEL
FEMALE MPK'S KATIE BAR THE DOOR.

AND 5 OTHER FEMALE PUPS ......

WE HUNT KANSAS,FOR PHEASASNT AND QUAIL
TRAIN ON FARMS AROUND HERE AND HUNT ON PRESERVES IN THE CLOSET STATES... GOOD TO BE BACK GUYS
IF IT FLY'S IT DIES. DON'T BELEIVE ME ASK MY DOGS
http://www.montgomerypointkennels.webspawner.com

dlfl

Post by dlfl » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:36 am

Welcome back TQ!
Dіck

barratt house

Post by barratt house » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:14 am

I live in central SC and I am 32. I am a avid hunter and fisherman. We are forunate to own or lease several thousand acres. I have a wonderful finshed Lab and a Kennel of Top English pointers that I have been selecting over the years. I have blood from Miller's Silver Bullet, Whipperwill Wild Card, Rock Acre Blackhawk. I love my dogs and extremely proud of there bird finding abilities. We travel and hunt alot plus have several tracks set up for bird hunting. Regretful to say mostly early release

Joe Amatulli

Post by Joe Amatulli » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:07 am

I have been trialing GSPs for over 20 years, am from N.Y. and basiclly compete at the Championship level. I have bread a number of dogs that have gone on to win at every level. I am a male almost 60 years old.

jack0

Post by jack0 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:24 am

Hi friends this is jack
It seems very good to be on this thread

dlfl

Post by dlfl » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:31 am

Joe,
Glad to meet you. I hope you will post with us often.

Jack, glad you are here. Do not be a stranger.
Dіck

Andy50

Post by Andy50 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:38 pm

Hi everyone,

Just discoverd this site. Looks great! Turned 50 (ouch) this past June. I shared my home with a black Lab for 14 great years. She passed 3 years ago Sept. Swore I'd never have another but I feel myself weakening. I enjoy reading about all the different breeds here on the site. While I will always love Labs, I am exploring other breeds as well. Here in Massachusetts (communist state) hunting is mostly in wood lots,not a lot of fields. Toying with the question...flusher vs pointer.

Thanks,
Andy

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:55 am

Welcome aboard. You should consider a nice New England bred grouse dog - maybe a Setter.

dlfl

Post by dlfl » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:44 pm

Andy,
Welcome to the site!
Dіck

grousec

Post by grousec » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:34 pm

I am a 52 years old man that loves birdhunting. I especially enjoy following behind my english pointers in the woods in persuit of ruffed grouse. I live in the state of Kentucky, and I am a pastor.

Pagreygost

Post by Pagreygost » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:47 pm

I am 31 and just started hunting waterfowl in Eastern Pa. I just got a 3 month Weimaraner and his name is "Weimy" I am picking up waterfowl hunting because I just can get into East Coast deer hunting. I am originally from Colorado and New Mexico so sitting in a stand over a pile of corn is just not how I'm use to shooting at a buck. I look forward to training Weimy as a retriever, and maybe work on working him on some pheasant with my buddy who has a German Short-hair, and a weimaraner. Any tips would be great and thanks for having this site as a resource to use rookies
Travis and Weimy

subatomicstang

Post by subatomicstang » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:17 am

Randy B Here i am 27 i am a tugboat captain here in jacksonville, fl been in the merchant marine /tugboating idustry for 9 years. Im married. Like fishing. Turning wrenches on my truck. I have 1 GSP just turned 4 months old looking to get him a partner real soon. Any recommendations on trainign books and videos? This will be my first training experience for a gundog. My pup does sit, Whoa , easy<where he will creep slow>, Come, he will point at these cat toys with the feathers on it when we play with him, he also likes to point at one of our cats <probably not such a good idea> This is the easiest learning greatest dog ive ever owned! And i want to start him around live birds other than the ones he chases in the yard. Looking for some info for a beginner Thanks And i look foward to this board!

-Randy
Randy B

birddogsunlimited

Post by birddogsunlimited » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:09 pm

been a long time since i had been on here and i couldnt remember my old log on but any waay the names jamie
i have 3 gsps and 1 choc. lab i do a fair amount of phesent hunting and a whole heck of a lot of duck hunting ive been working with dogs for a few years now im always looking to learn more expecially with working with hard cases like gunshy dogs. as im a sucker for hard cases
rossi ann. gsp
mavrick gsp
willow gsp
Charlie yellow lab
kimber yellow lab
barrett yellow lab
mikey choc. lab r.i.p buddy

Dirty Jerz Lab

Post by Dirty Jerz Lab » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:53 pm

Hey, name is Brian and live in north NJ. I just turned 30 and bought myself a pointing yellow lab to celebrate making it through my 20s. He's my first dog and is everything that I wanted in a pup (5 months old now). Got him from a hunter out west from some very good hunting lines and I figured it would be a shame to let all of that natural instinct and desire go to waste. Funny enough, at about the same time, I inherrited two shotguns from my uncle, so it seems that fate is agreeing with my notion. Love the outdoors and all activities that are done in them so can't wait to start this new hobby. Especially can't wait to train my pup so he can enjoy doing what he was bred to do.

I've been getting such great info from all the posts on this forum from basic obedience to beginning training so I'd like to thank all the seasoned members for sharing their wisdom. It has certainly been a huge help to a boot like me.

SeniorCoot

Post by SeniorCoot » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:12 am

I'am an old fart-69-lived in Alaska for 25 yrs and moved to wisc in 98--We have three horses-2 walkers for riding and one old Quaterhorse who my wife retried in 2005 or so-We also have 3 labs- 2 blm's 7 & 10 and a YLM pup 7 mos-We are both retired and live on a small farm in Wisc- we do not farm it --just rent pasture for dairy heifers. I mostly hunt- fish- and ride--We have leased a ranch home in Montana for next fall and hope to draw somwe good big game tags as well as hunt waterfowl and upland birds with friends there.

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:22 am

Dirty Jerz Lab - welcome from a fellow North Jersey resident!

SeniorCoot - sounds like a blessed life!

SeniorCoot

Post by SeniorCoot » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:06 pm

Yea I ain't complaining and to think I was born in Holy Name Hospital in ---New Jersey--Teaneck-grew up in Bergenfield til 15 then Chatham( first hunts were in the Great Swamp and around Basking Ridge) till I went to college and then it was westward and north without a look back.

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:32 am

SeniorCoot wrote:New Jersey--Teaneck-grew up in Bergenfield til 15 then Chatham( first hunts were in the Great Swamp and around Basking Ridge)
Chatham.... funny, I am in New Providence. We always get our christmas tree at that nursery in Great Swamp. Unfortunatley they don't allow you to run dogs there these days.

SeniorCoot

Post by SeniorCoot » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:52 pm

Actually lived in Chatham twsp-My HS buddy was here last mos for deer season. His grand dad lived on road under hill that came from main road to twsp from Chatham- there was a church at top-my memory is slow- about a mile from his grand dad's house was a rtoad to new Providence- used to get great slpooy joe sand and schaeffer beer from little deli in New prov.

Jake's Dad

Post by Jake's Dad » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:39 pm

I am 48 years old. I have a 3 year old Brittany - German Short Hair mixed. I live in the Norcross, GA in Metro Atlanta. I went quail hunting for the first time 3 years ago, and was hooked, not so much for the birds, but for the dogs.

bigdaddy1948

Post by bigdaddy1948 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:50 pm

Just another old coot, 60 going on 25, Have hunted and shot bow and firearm since the early 60's. Mostly deer, quail, pheasant, duck. Have owned and hunted lab, weimy's, and GSP's. I am currently dogless, but thinking very seriously about another hunting pal, probably another GSP. Since moving to central Missouri, I have really missed quail and pheasant hunting. Thought the area would be loaded with birds, but keep hearing about how it used to be and only find a few birds here and there, not usually enough of a covey that I'd shoot any.
Hunt Hard & Shoot Well
Steve

GunDawg

Post by GunDawg » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:13 pm

Hello all! New to the forum but veteran with upland gun dogs. I'm 47, married with two kids-a boy age 8 and a girl age 7. I have a beautiful female GSP, Gypsy, who is 1.5 years old and we just finished our first full season of pheasant hunting. What a gas! She hunts like a 5 year old seasoned vet-I couldn't ask for more. I have owned Springers, English Setters and labs in the past. Love the versatility in all breeds, and I believe that it is up to the individual to determine what is the best gun dog out there.

I am looking forward to many great conversations on this Forum!
"In Dog Years I Am Dead"
http://www.gun-dog-trainers.com

smokin deuces

Post by smokin deuces » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:43 pm

Hello everyone! My husband and I are in our 20's and just got married last April. We live in Shelbyville, KY but are originally from mississippi (go bulldogs!) We have a 2 year old english lab and just recently acquired our first GSP. He is 10 months old and we are looking forward to doing NAVHDA and AKC field trials and hunt tests with him. We are also going to be doing Hunting Retriever and AKC hunt tests with our lab this year and dabbling in Dockdogs when there is an event close by so it should be a busy summer! I look forward to picking everyone's brains!
Will and Kathy White

mavrick

Post by mavrick » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:29 pm

I am a 43 year old male living in CT have 24 years in the military still going strong. My 12 year old son was recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes my wife and I thought it would be a good time to get back into hunting. I was away for 3 months this fall with the military, my wife and son took the hunter saftey course while I was gone. I made it home fot thansk giving morning , my son was waiting he got his first ring neck that morning.They had a small surprise for me a llewellin setter pup. It has helped him out with the diabetes and it sure is a pleasure watching my son trying to work with the pup.

djloder

Post by djloder » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:41 pm

I’m a 24 year old male, from Minneapolis, MN. I've been hunting since I was 12 after I revived my cert. I love to mostly upland hunt pheasants, partridge and grouse and woodcock, but I also love to turkey hunt, but I cant do that without my new acquired best friend, a 7 mo old French Brittney named Jovi. I also hunt ducks, and deer to fill the freezer. I will be doing my first hunt trails this spring as I have joined NAVHDA and the SCVBC and can’t wait to see what happens.

Derek
Derek Lodermeier
TR GUN Derrick de L'Etoile du Nord NA-PZ1TAN http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=2204

Blacklab

Post by Blacklab » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:41 pm

Hello everyone,

My name is David and I am 25 yrs old. I live in Rockville MD and have a beutiful Golden Retriever named Goldie. I have never been hunting, but i have always wanted to. In rockville MD, there isnt much in the way of hunting. I am hoping that by joining this forum, I can learn everything i need on how to get started. Would my retreiver who is five make a good hunting dog? I figure i will mostly be wanting to hunt Deer but i am open for anything.

Anyone have any tips to get started? Even if i don't ever go hunting i thought i would join this forum to learn more about it an about your experiences.

I Hope that even though i dont or havent gone hunting i am still alowed to converse on this forum.

David

OurFirstPup

Post by OurFirstPup » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:22 pm

I'm 16 but my dad will be on here too he is 44.
He is an experienced shooter and I'm pretty good with a .22 and OK with a 20 gauge.
We have had 2 golden retrievers and were about to get a Brittany pup.
I go to high school and dad works for a computer company.
were really excited to start hunting upland with our new pup.
.2 Golden Retrievers (RiP)
.1 Brittany (pup)
Thanks from Andy, Paul, Susan

dlfl

Post by dlfl » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:16 am

OFP,
It is always a pleasure to have young people take up our sport. Hope to see pictures of your new dog and the retrievers.
Dіck

OurFirstPup

Post by OurFirstPup » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:20 pm

Thank Dlfl, yea I'm so happy to start hunting, and get to know the GundogForum family.
Happy Hunting.
.2 Golden Retrievers (RiP)
.1 Brittany (pup)
Thanks from Andy, Paul, Susan

kansasquailhntr

Post by kansasquailhntr » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:56 am

Just want to start out by saying I've been enjoying reading through the forum. I am 32, am a Registered Nurse, and have a 6 yr old miller bred EP named Jazz. I have had her since she was 6 mos old. I had a littermate of hers initially, but traded her for the dog i have now. The first pup I got went to a field trialer in Nebraska . I have a wife and 2 kids and because of how busy you stay with kids, have not hunted like I would like for the last 3 years or so up until last year. Jazz was pretty rusty because of this. I hunt pheasant and quail. As soon as season ended Jan 31, I began the process of steadying Jazz to wing and shot. I started right away because I know this will be a long process of repetition, lots of praise, and lots of treats for jobs well done. I am doing the training because she loves to chase moving birds, and will put roosters in the air almost everytime. Will hold quail great because they don't tend to move much. I am starting the training with standing to walking birds. things are going great with her training. Anyway, that's a little about me.

Illini

Post by Illini » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:48 pm

I live in Nebraska, and am currently looking for a female Vizsla from a reputable breeder with proven hunters in the pedigree, would like to take delivery before the end of April 09 if not sooner. Have gun will travel. I have hunted all my life, waterfowl, doves, and wings ... but have never owned my own hunting dog. It is time.

Look forward to learning on this site, as clearly I am a rookie when it comes to dog training. Have been reading, reading, reading ... but if like everything else in this world, experience means everything.

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:52 pm

Howdy from another newbie,

Im 40, live on the east coast but looking at moving out west soon.

I own and operate a small ornamental tree nursery and guide upland hunts on a local preserve.

I have 3 Ep's and a lab... I enjoy all things outdoors especially hunting and fishing. I am an avid waterfowler.

Look forward to many great exchanges of ideas and information. :wink:
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

Flea caller
GDF Premier Member!

Post by Flea caller » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:25 am

Hi,
I am a 60 year old veterinarian. I have had bird dogs all of my life. I currently have 5 GSP. I have had hunting dogs , Master hunters, Field Champions, and National caliber All Age Dogs.
I compete in field trials now- AKC and NGSPA. I raise an occasional litter of high quality field trial prospects.
Flea caller

BigShooter
GDF Junkie

Post by BigShooter » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:33 pm

Nice resume' hope you'll find time to contribute some posts.
Mark

Willows Back In The Saddle
Tall Pines Hits The Spot
Tall Pines Queen Eleanor
Bo Dixie's Rocky
TALL PINES MOONBEAM

If it ain't broke - fix it

GunGirl

Post by GunGirl » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:16 pm

Hi! Im a newbie to the forum,as well as a newbie to the gundog world....Im a 27 year old female speech language pathologist living in the country in the great state of Texas....Ive been hunting all my life, and have had dogs all my life but never joined the two......I just got my first duck dog Charlie, a Gator Point breed chocolate lab...hes amazing and I love him!! Ive never done field trials, but im getting into it. Charlie already has his Junior Hunter Title and Started Retriver Title and Im planning on taking him all the way. Im still in the learning phase, but Im loving it! Any gundog people in Texas??

dlfl

Post by dlfl » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:20 am

Gun girl,
Welcome to this forum and hope you will enjoy it. I find this a great place to hear many different and varing opinions giving one the option to go with what seems to make sence to them.
Dіck

nighttrain

Post by nighttrain » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:11 pm

Hi - I'm finally registered. This is a great site with a ton of info. I'm 27, from Wisconsin and have a 2yr old male GSP, Willie. I'm a survey technician . Have a wife and 2 little girls,3yrs and 3months. Willie is my first pointer and so far we have learned a lot from each other. I've had labs growing up and had to have a pointer after hunting over one. I mainly hunt pheasant and ducks, but intend to chase grouse. Otherwise I chase alomst every other critter we have a season for. Hopefully I have some info I'll be able to pass along. Nice talking to you all.

cody

Post by cody » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:05 pm

My name is Cody, I am 34, I have a wife and 2 year old son with another kid on the way. I was born and raised in Northern Utah but I am now sales consultant in the Boise Idaho area. I used to do NAVHDA, Hunt tests and trials with a couple Weims that I owned, but got away from it over time. I know have a fat little britt that I am enjoying again, and I think I might get into the games again with another dog. who knows

3Britts

Post by 3Britts » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:45 am

Welcome Cody,

Its good to have another Utahan her, even if you have transplanted.

cody

Post by cody » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:03 am

3britts,

where are you located in Northern Utah? I was born and raised in Fielding

3Britts

Post by 3Britts » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:18 am

I'm in Syracuse but Raised in Bountiful than moved to Minnesota. I moved back 5 years ago.

MooseHorn

Post by MooseHorn » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:44 pm

I am a 39 year old law enforcement officer. I am starting a dog training/preserve kennel and guiding service in Minnesota and Colorado. I have switched breeds of dogs recently from labs to Drahthaars. I have one female of each and am about to get another Draht. My kennel and training grounds are in Minnesota and connections with Colorado through family.

dlfl

Post by dlfl » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:22 am

Welcome to thw forum! Hope to see some pictures of you and your dogs.
Dіck

JstLovesGSP's

Post by JstLovesGSP's » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:13 pm

HI - New to the forum
Retired and living in the UP of Michigan. We have lived in the UP on 40 acres for 20 years and totally love it.
Have owned/bred/trained Gun dogs for years. Showed/bred Gordon Setters and just recently got into owning German Shorthaired Pointers. Our first girl had a ton of health problems and recently passed away November of 2008. Despite her health problems, we (my husband and I) loved the temperament and the intelligence so much that we got another Shorthair (Chipper - in the picture) is the one in the photo - solid liver or what is considered a solid liver. He does have a "roaned" spot on his chest".

On the 28th of March we got our second little girl a Black/patched/roaned and ticked little girl - she's the avatar picture and her name is Ziva. We both like to bird hunt and are looking forward to using her on birds, and having her as a companion.

The rest of the crew consists of a Doberman Pincher that is 22 months old and a Fila Brasileiro - he hunts red squirrels with Chipper.

This is Ernie and Bodacious - Ernie is 120 pounds and Bodacious is 176....

Dogs are right, if you can't hump it or eat it, then piss on it and walk away.

dlfl

Post by dlfl » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:59 am

Welcome to the forum. looking forward to your post.
Dіck

SARGE_53

Post by SARGE_53 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:23 am

Hi I am new to the forum live in upper michigan, retired from M.D.O.C. (Mich. Prison systems) have 2 GSP Male & Female. Like to hunt Ruffed Groose and Wood Cock Fish and camp out. Iam Male and my wife loves to do the same.

JstLovesGSP's

Post by JstLovesGSP's » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:28 am

As a matter of fact - yes I do! LOL :D
Dogs are right, if you can't hump it or eat it, then piss on it and walk away.

grandpaD

Post by grandpaD » Sun May 03, 2009 12:30 pm

My name is Dave Miller (grandpa D) 52 yrs young,i live in Ks and love to hunt pheasant & Quail i have a 1 yr old GSH that i am trying to train ,i have been hunting most of my life,i am married have 6 kids,11 grandkids...

dlfl

Post by dlfl » Tue May 05, 2009 2:54 pm

grandpaD

Wwelcome to the forum. Us Gradpas have to stick together! LOL
Dіck